Cornwall Football Forum

Tonight's Falmouth v Barnstaple OFF!

Having driven around Devon for my job in Devon Highways I’ve never seen run off fields like it in some areas. Teignbridge/South Hams are particularly bad. There’s A Roads which are not far off rivers in parts and the streams and gullies and haunches are all full. It’s not going to take much more for roads to be impassible. Even inland towards Exeter never seen the like since 2014. 

Saturdays matches have to be questionable if it continues.

Weather forecast? still it comes. 

16 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Having driven around Devon for my job in Devon Highways I’ve never seen run off fields like it in some areas. Teignbridge/South Hams are particularly bad. There’s A Roads which are not far off rivers in parts and the streams and gullies and haunches are all full. It’s not going to take much more for roads to be impassible. Even inland towards Exeter never seen the like since 2014. 

Saturdays matches have to be questionable if it continues.

Weather forecast? still it comes. 

Just looked at the forecast for the SW for Saturday, looks like driving rain for much of the day. There is always the risk of playing on these already waterlogged pitches, and destroying them for the next few weeks (club treasurers will no doubt have one eye on the lucrative Boxing Day fixtures ,which are just over a month away).

Doesn't seem like long ago that everybody was effectively playing on scorched earth, with players having to be substituted due to blistered feet.

8 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Just looked at the forecast for the SW for Saturday, looks like driving rain for much of the day. There is always the risk of playing on these already waterlogged pitches, and destroying them for the next few weeks (club treasurers will no doubt have one eye on the lucrative Boxing Day fixtures ,which are just over a month away).

Doesn't seem like long ago that everybody was effectively playing on scorched earth, with players having to be substituted due to blistered feet.

Apart from football , I’m a keen weather model watcher. Get past next Tuesday and the models are all going for dry at least 10 days but cool then into potential cold. Proper December weather with frost and fog.