Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

TRELAWNY LEAGUE - Saturday 19 November 2022


Recommended Posts

At a game - let us hear the result and thoughts on this thread below .......

PREMIER DIVISION

14:30    

Redruth United Res         4-0            Stithians

Threemilestone                v              Mawnan Reserves

 

DIVISION 1  

Perranwell Reserves       1-2           Penzance Reserves

St Buryan                          A/W              New Inn Titans

St Day 3rds                       2-2            Rosudgeon Reserves

 

DIVISION 2

Goonhavern Ath Res      1-3           St Ives Town Reserves

Tregony                            5-3              RNAS Culdrose Reserves

Wendron Utd 4th               1-2           Carharrack

 

DIVISION 3

Frogpool & Cusg Res       4-2            St Ives Mariners

Lizard Argyle                     1-2            St Agnes 3rds

Troon Reserves                1-0          Constantine Reserves

 

DIVISION 4

Dropship Reserves          5-3            Mullion 3rds

Ruan Minor                       0-8            Wendron United 5th

Storm                                1-13              Penryn Athletic Reserves

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Division 2:

Wendron 1 Carharrack 2

It’s hard to say we deserve all 3 points after watching Wendron determination this afternoon.

Carharrack should of been 5 nil up by half time hitting the woodwork numerous times but it was Wendron who took the lead before the interval.

This was a really competitive match and Carharrack managed to get a equaliser on 50th through Jamie Atkins inside the box. Due to an injury Wendron went down to 10 men on the pitch but you couldn’t tell as they carried out multiple counter attacks. However it was Carharrack with 5 minutes to go that got the winner through Ryan Whitbread. Wendron should feel unlikely not to share the points this weekend. 
 

Motm: Wendron goalkeeper

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Div 1

Perranwell Reserves 1-2 Penzance Reserves

Att-25

Penzance had to be at their very best to beat a Perranwell side that defended with 8 outfielders , played their usual long ball game and looked to score via a mistake from the Magpies.

No referee so someone, we think their manager took charge. It looked strange him giving the half-time team talk just in front of us.

Pz had the best of it both halves but went in a goal down after Perran scored on 40. Our keeper was way out as we had been pushing for some time and was caught out with a long ball that the striker lobbed him with from 35yds out.

Took 9 mins in second half to get on level terms, a flicked cross goal header, right to left. 

Game took a patern, Pz breaking from the back, shooting, the blocked ball quickly belted forward only for Perran to lose it and we then saw a repeat, and repeat, and repeat.

86 mins 1-2 in front. Corner right, over, shot block, rebound booted, through into the net. Goal!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/11/2022 at 18:35, cornishteddyboy said:

Div 1

Perranwell Reserves 1-2 Penzance Reserves

Att-25

Penzance had to be at their very best to beat a Perranwell side that defended with 8 outfielders , played their usual long ball game and looked to score via a mistake from the Magpies.

No referee so someone, we think their manager took charge. It looked strange him giving the half-time team talk just in front of us.

Pz had the best of it both halves but went in a goal down after Perran scored on 40. Our keeper was way out as we had been pushing for some time and was caught out with a long ball that the striker lobbed him with from 35yds out.

Took 9 mins in second half to get on level terms, a flicked cross goal header, right to left. 

Game took a patern, Pz breaking from the back, shooting, the blocked ball quickly belted forward only for Perran to lose it and we then saw a repeat, and repeat, and repeat.

86 mins 1-2 in front. Corner right, over, shot block, rebound booted, through into the net. Goal!

 

 

I was watching and Penzance were bang average, usual long ball and relying on a couple deflections to scrape past a depleted perranwell side. 
 

poor game both teams looking midtable at best

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Saturday_Social said:

If you don't follow any of the teams how do you no Perranwell were depleted? And how do you know it was the usual long ball from Penzance? Definitely a sore looser. 

I was speaking to people who were attending the game.

people talk at football buddy 👏 I’m just replying as you were stating the other team when you guys were bang average too. Good luck for the season 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cornish Dave said:

I was speaking to people who were attending the game.

people talk at football buddy 👏 I’m just replying as you were stating the other team when you guys were bang average too. Good luck for the season 

I'm not connected to any of the sides. Couldn't tell you a thing about either of them. You however clearly are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/11/2022 at 20:02, Cornish Dave said:

I was watching and Penzance were bang average, usual long ball and relying on a couple deflections to scrape past a depleted perranwell side. 
 

poor game both teams looking midtable at best

When have you ever seen Pz play the long ball game?

Something we haven't done for years. 

Always play out from the back and play a passing game. For years we supporters have been waiting for a frontman we could play the ball long too but the club have never managed to secure the services of such a striker. One reason you will see that half the team score goals but no-one scores loads.

Also frustrating to see sometimes if we are down and you know a direct long ball approach could bring goals but we still play the slow passing build up. 

Ask anyone who has played us in the last few years. 

Agreed we are looking mid-table but one of the reasons is, and I know it frustrates a few eams up and down the league, the top places are filled with sides that are shooting their way up the divisions.

It has become too easy for a team to fold its "First" team and put all their players into their reserve side in the lower divisions of the Trelawny then gain promotion every season until they make it back to the Combo, St Piran or Trelawny Premier. Two recent examples being St Just and New Inn. Some clubs the year after, start a "New" Reserve side the following year and so after a 3/4 seasons are back to what they were before folding.

These teams are thus taking top spots in the divisions pushing out sides that have been trying to climb up the ladder the normal way.

In the past it might have been made harder for clubs "re-start" at the bottom of the Trelawny but in these panicked times of clubs folding these so called "New" reserve sides are welcomed with open arms to keep numbers up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

It has become too easy for a team to fold its "First" team and put all their players into their reserve side in the lower divisions of the Trelawny then gain promotion every season until they make it back to the Combo, St Piran or Trelawny Premier.

Will the restructuring process taking place at the end of this season help with addressing this issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...