Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 19 November 2022


Recommended Posts

EAST

Bridport                  2-0     Torrington

Cullompton Rangers       1-1     Teignmouth

Elburton Villa                    P-P     Newton Abbot Spurs

Holsworthy            1-2     Axminster Town

Honiton Town       0-2     Brixham

Ivybridge Town     5-0     Elmore

Okehampton Argyle        2-1     Sidmouth Town

Plymouth Marjon 0-2     Crediton United

Torridgeside          2-2     Bovey Tracey

 

WEST

AFC St Austell        0-4     Wendron United

Bodmin Town        3-1     Bude Town

Callington Town    1-4     Wadebridge Town

Mullion                   1-0     Godolphin Atlantic Newquay

Newquay                0-1     Dobwalls

Penzance                2-3     Launceston

St Dennis                0-3     Camelford

Sticker                     0-6     Liskeard Athletic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Off to Sticker today to see them play Liskeard should be a good game pity i cant stay and watch the whole match will have to leave before it gets to dark eyes dont like bright lights like car headlights thanks to the radiotherapy i have had and am having now to shift the Kidney stones . Think Liskeard will win 6-0 but Sticker played very well vs the G last week but this is a different kettle of fish Liskeard are quality .

Enjoy your matches people beautiful day for watching footy so get off your asses and go and watch some local footy 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Off to Sticker today to see them play Liskeard should be a good game pity i cant stay and watch the whole match will have to leave before it gets to dark eyes dont like bright lights like car headlights thanks to the radiotherapy i have had and am having now to shift the Kidney stones . Think Liskeard will win 6-0 but Sticker played very well vs the G last week but this is a different kettle of fish Liskeard are quality .

Enjoy your matches people beautiful day for watching footy so get off your asses and go and watch some local footy 

This should be played at Newquay 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Couldnt be played at Newquay silly Billy they are playing at home to Dobwalls , i know your having a dig at me for saying the G match vs Helston should be played at Newquay i was serious just thought a bigger crowd would be at Newquays ground and its on my doorstep as well 

 

Should play it tomorrow then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 19 November 2022

Ok nobody is writing a report on any matches so i will start as usual shall i . I took  a trip to Sticker this afternoon to see them play Liskeard and see the lovely people there .

The 1st Half Sticker played really well and held on after wave after wave of Liskeard pressure and brilliant goalkeeping and great defending and went in 0-0 at the break .

The 2nd Half Liskeard made a change with the brilliant Dylan PEEL off injured replaced by Harry Bell , Liskeard must of had a rollicking at half time because they started the 2nd half on fire and knocked in goals at ease James ROWE getting 1 Dan Jennings 2 Max Gilbert 1, Harvey Mullis 1 and 1 for Harry Jeffrey as well . Liskeard are a class sde and Max Gilbert found his passing range in the 2nd half but the player that really impressed me today was young Harry Jeffrey for Liskeard and he was my MOM and for Sticker im given it to Aaran Marks he was brilliant in the 1st half .Well done Sticker and Liskeard you are a joy to watch .

Referee Shaun Edge and his assistants controlled the game well 

Hope Liskeard manager Martin  Hodge gets over his cold the poor bugger was really suffering when i had a talk with him really nice bloke 

When i said LIskeard would win 6-0 i thought at half time i have certainly not given Sticker the credit they deserve but Liskeard went into Turbo mode in the 2nd half and swept STICKER aside and they will do it to a lot more sides before the end of the season 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NEWQUAY 0-1 DOBWALLS

ATT 102

 

Difficult one to describe really! Not sure I’ve ever seen a team dominate a half of football for literally 45 minutes non stop and come away losing the game! The 1st half was pretty much even, a 50-50 type of game and there was no warning of what was to come 2nd half.  Saw a couple of Dobwalls stalwarts and gents on the way out and they described it as “smash and grab”  and “defending the Alamo”  😀  Probably sums it up better than I can!? Newquay started the brightest and after 6’ a dangerous inswinging corner from Cam Turner being miskicked by a defender towards goal but got cleared off the line to Nick Boase who volleyed over from 15 yards. Dobwalls inspired keeper Jamie Blatchford came outside his box to head clear after 11’ which fell to Jack Rapsey about 40 yards out who chipped back towards the unguarded net but the effort drifted a couple of yards wide. Dobwalls got gradually more into the game and from a quick break and ball over the top an attacker was adjudged to be clipped from behind and referee Mr Kevin Hoare was on the spot to point to it! Kelvin Fyneboy struck a powerful 27’ minute penalty but in form Newquay keeper Harry Ashton made a great attempt to keep it out diving full stretch to palm it into the top corner. 
 

Dobwalls were probably having their best spell of the game after taking the lead and Ian Thomas did well to get on the end of a diagonal pass over the top to lay a pass back across goal but (sorry bout names, been on nights, had 3 hours Kip, got there right on the early 2.15 kick off, so didn’t catch any team sheets.) the attacker blasted over the clubhouse roof from 15 yards. Some good build up play from Lachlan Brace, Jared Sims and Bradley Leivers down the left saw young Noah Teagle shoot from the edge of the box but the shot was well smothered at the near post by Blatchford. Two minutes before the break Jake Shaw motored  down  the right to cross to Alex Cole but his volley from 10 yards was straight at the diving Blatchford to keep the lead intact at the break. 
 

Whatever was said at half time by Newquay managers Craig Ainslie and Ash Bradshaw certainly had the desired effect as the Peppermints piled forward  from the restart. Another pinpoint Turner corner on 49’ was parried by Blatchford and it dropped to young centre half  Rhys Hooper who prodded  the ball towards goal from 6yards but again it was kicked off the line. Blatchford probably saved his best save for the 57th minute when Jared Sims sent Leivers speeding down the left and his cut back was well struck by Rapsey on the run from 15 yards but the busy keeper dived to his left to parry the ball around the post.  Minutes later Rapsey and Sims quick one touches combined to slide in the speedy Cole but his low shot was again gathered by the diving visiting keeper. Pretty sure Dobwalls manager Ben Washam went to 5 at the back after about 65 minutes which worked as some heroic blocks and tackles somehow kept Newquay out. Credit to those Dobwalls defenders who did an overtime shift today! Getting numbers behind the ball and numbers around  lively wide men Shaw and Leivers cutting off  many promising attacks. The experienced Matt Thackeray at centre back and the big blonde lad beside him got their heads to crosses time and again.

Ashton at the other end had to deal with a couple of crosses and long balls out of defence to relieve some pressure but from apart from that he was a virtual spectator. Rapsey’s shot was deflected into the side netting, Sims and Turner had powerful drives looking on the way in blocked, Cole set a chance back but sub Issac Varga smashed over the bar from just inside the area before an inswinging far post cross from Rapsey was headed just past the post from Shaw getting around the back. By now Dobwalls were happy to hack anything clear and regroup which to be fair to them they did brilliantly. Even an 86th minute 30 yard Turner free kick went just over the bar! You felt if the hosts got one they would probably go on to get 2 or 3 but as the minutes ticked by you sensed time was running out as Dobwalls held on for an heroic backs to the wall victory and the 3 points. Newquay will be wondering how they’ve come away from this afternoon with nothing. Football a weird game sometimes but I guess that’s why we all love it! 👏🏼👍

Tough picking a man of the match, you’d have to say Blatch ,Thackers or the big blond centre half for Dobwalls, all heroes for their team today. 👏🏼

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bodmin 3-1 Bude

A good Bodmin performance ensured they ran out 3-1 winners today at home to Bude, a completely different side since Dane Bummey took over. Bude up to their old tricks but didn’t work today, grabbed a consolation from a Bello penalty at the end. Sometimes, it takes footballing ability to win a game of football and Bodmin showed that today, well played.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Football Follower 456 said:

Bodmin 3-1 Bude

A good Bodmin performance ensured they ran out 3-1 winners today at home to Bude, a completely different side since Dane Bummey took over. Bude up to their old tricks but didn’t work today, grabbed a consolation from a Bello penalty at the end. Sometimes, it takes footballing ability to win a game of football and Bodmin showed that today, well played.

Dane Bummey 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bodmin 3 Bude 1
Went to Bodmin as a neutral mainly to see two teams that I have not seen this season. Bude were without both Hopcroft brothers and apparently 5 other regulars but for whatever reason that is part of football and why teams need a squad of players. Anyway Bodmin deserved their win, going in front after 16 mins from a short back pass to the keeper being taken advantage of. Then on 45 mins they scored a second to go in at half time 2-0 up. Six mins into the second half and Bodmin get their third from a good header and game effectively over. On 58 mins Bude get a penalty well converted by Bello but never really looked like getting back in the game. A game to forget for them. For Bodmin I liked Kyle Marks up front who worked hard and was a nuisance to Bude throughout and Lee Rundle marshalled their defence well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, cornish leg end said:

Great result for Launceston long way to travel and a great result to show for it after all the hard work. 
 

bodmin good result but this is big bodmin against little old bude I’d expect Bodmin to spark then. I’m sure the bude army will give us a different story of how the game went at some point 😂😂

Here he is 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

 

Watched the game, Bude were poor, as poor as I’ve seen them all season. Hard to replace the players that were missing, just looked a bit disjointed and a team that hadn’t played many games together. Fair play to Bodmin I think they will rise up the table, they’re better than their league position shows 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Callington 1 wadebridge 4

Took in another game at the marsh as it's short drive for me, callington never seem to have the same side out one week to the next they need more stability even the management not there from what I could see, what they do have is a few very good youngsters the young goalkeeper crebbin ,is a top keeper and stopped the score from being a lot more as wadebridge controlled this game, callington youngster Rio Daley is a  great little player ,he is skillfull beats players at will , and gets in great crosses and through balls but I'm afraid no one else in the Cally team has his football brain ,very good young player, wadebridge could of had a hat full , callington huffed and puffed got a goal and waters even missed a penalty,but there was a huge difference im afraid,very sparse crowd of around 40,marsh pitch held up ok , sat in the little stand but had to move because of annoying youths who are noisy ,fair enough, but no need for the constant bad language,shame about overflowing bins and litter as you walk around ,place looks neglected!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, RAPPO said:

NEWQUAY 0-1 DOBWALLS

ATT 102

 

Difficult one to describe really! Not sure I’ve ever seen a team dominate a half of football for literally 45 minutes non stop and come away losing the game! The 1st half was pretty much even, a 50-50 type of game and there was no warning of what was to come 2nd half.  Saw a couple of Dobwalls stalwarts and gents on the way out and they described it as “smash and grab”  and “defending the Alamo”  😀  Probably sums it up better than I can!? Newquay started the brightest and after 6’ a dangerous inswinging corner from Cam Turner being miskicked by a defender towards goal but got cleared off the line to Nick Boase who volleyed over from 15 yards. Dobwalls inspired keeper Jamie Blatchford came outside his box to head clear after 11’ which fell to Jack Rapsey about 40 yards out who chipped back towards the unguarded net but the effort drifted a couple of yards wide. Dobwalls got gradually more into the game and from a quick break and ball over the top an attacker was adjudged to be clipped from behind and referee Mr Kevin Hoare was on the spot to point to it! Kelvin Fyneboy struck a powerful 27’ minute penalty but in form Newquay keeper Harry Ashton made a great attempt to keep it out diving full stretch to palm it into the top corner. 
 

Dobwalls were probably having their best spell of the game after taking the lead and Ian Thomas did well to get on the end of a diagonal pass over the top to lay a pass back across goal but (sorry bout names, been on nights, had 3 hours Kip, got there right on the early 2.15 kick off, so didn’t catch any team sheets.) the attacker blasted over the clubhouse roof from 15 yards. Some good build up play from Lachlan Brace, Jared Sims and Bradley Leivers down the left saw young Noah Teagle shoot from the edge of the box but the shot was well smothered at the near post by Blatchford. Two minutes before the break Jake Shaw motored  down  the right to cross to Alex Cole but his volley from 10 yards was straight at the diving Blatchford to keep the lead intact at the break. 
 

Whatever was said at half time by Newquay managers Craig Ainslie and Ash Bradshaw certainly had the desired effect as the Peppermints piled forward  from the restart. Another pinpoint Turner corner on 49’ was parried by Blatchford and it dropped to young centre half  Rhys Hooper who prodded  the ball towards goal from 6yards but again it was kicked off the line. Blatchford probably saved his best save for the 57th minute when Jared Sims sent Leivers speeding down the left and his cut back was well struck by Rapsey on the run from 15 yards but the busy keeper dived to his left to parry the ball around the post.  Minutes later Rapsey and Sims quick one touches combined to slide in the speedy Cole but his low shot was again gathered by the diving visiting keeper. Pretty sure Dobwalls manager Ben Washam went to 5 at the back after about 65 minutes which worked as some heroic blocks and tackles somehow kept Newquay out. Credit to those Dobwalls defenders who did an overtime shift today! Getting numbers behind the ball and numbers around  lively wide men Shaw and Leivers cutting off  many promising attacks. The experienced Matt Thackeray at centre back and the big blonde lad beside him got their heads to crosses time and again.

Ashton at the other end had to deal with a couple of crosses and long balls out of defence to relieve some pressure but from apart from that he was a virtual spectator. Rapsey’s shot was deflected into the side netting, Sims and Turner had powerful drives looking on the way in blocked, Cole set a chance back but sub Issac Varga smashed over the bar from just inside the area before an inswinging far post cross from Rapsey was headed just past the post from Shaw getting around the back. By now Dobwalls were happy to hack anything clear and regroup which to be fair to them they did brilliantly. Even an 86th minute 30 yard Turner free kick went just over the bar! You felt if the hosts got one they would probably go on to get 2 or 3 but as the minutes ticked by you sensed time was running out as Dobwalls held on for an heroic backs to the wall victory and the 3 points. Newquay will be wondering how they’ve come away from this afternoon with nothing. Football a weird game sometimes but I guess that’s why we all love it! 👏🏼👍

Tough picking a man of the match, you’d have to say Blatch ,Thackers or the big blond centre half for Dobwalls, all heroes for their team today. 👏🏼

 

Good report rappo agree with all points as always. Cant believe nqy didn take at least a point yesterday. Ashton close to saving the penalty Dobwalls never looked like scoring other than that! Sad G have another loss really hope they can turn it around soon 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

St Austell v Wendron

Went to Poltair for the afternoon, a fairly even game first half with St Austell battling really well, the midfield trio of Slateford, Duff and Roseveare playing well. Despite battling well they went 1-0 down after giving the ball away near the end of the half. 
 

Second half Wendron the better side and St Austell lacked any real game plan, they scored some good goals as well including a chip from the edge of the area. 
 

Heard a few rumbles from some of the older local players that all might not be so well behind the scenes at St Austell which surprises me as it seems a really welcoming club. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mark Baron said:

St Austell v Wendron

Went to Poltair for the afternoon, a fairly even game first half with St Austell battling really well, the midfield trio of Slateford, Duff and Roseveare playing well. Despite battling well they went 1-0 down after giving the ball away near the end of the half. 
 

Second half Wendron the better side and St Austell lacked any real game plan, they scored some good goals as well including a chip from the edge of the area. 
 

Heard a few rumbles from some of the older local players that all might not be so well behind the scenes at St Austell which surprises me as it seems a really welcoming club. 

Perhaps you could explain more when you say St.Austell seems a really welcoming club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...