Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny / Duchy league results 12/11/22

Div 1

Constantine 0-2 Penzance Reserves

7 of us supporting Pz out of a dozen watching. Magpies one goal to the good on 25 mins following a steal about 30yds out, followed by a tap left for a rising shot. 

First half Pz were "Jittery" at the back but into the second half settled down. Hit the bar, went close 3-4 times. Constantine had to come out to get one back, Pz taking advantage to go 2-0 to the good on 80mins. 

Without sounding bias, Constantine worked hard but did not look like scoring.

Pz supporters pitchside says it was bad tempered, we Ultras were down other end but all we saw was a yellow sin bin for a home player, mind you there must have been 20 free kicks during the game.

Grampound 6 losty res 0

not a good afternoon for losty. Could have been a different game if not for a stupid red card for poor language and a penalty that was not handball. 

grampound took their chances and defended well. With some excellent finishing has to be said. Heads went after the 3rd goal and the red card. Young team with a lot to learn up against a very experienced side who dominated most of the game. We had a couple of spells where we rattled them but we couldn’t capitalise on those periods 

Plenty more points to play for 

23 minutes ago, Xavier1 said:

Grampound 6 losty res 0

not a good afternoon for losty. Could have been a different game if not for a stupid red card for poor language and a penalty that was not handball. 

grampound took their chances and defended well. With some excellent finishing has to be said. Heads went after the 3rd goal and the red card. Young team with a lot to learn up against a very experienced side who dominated most of the game. We had a couple of spells where we rattled them but we couldn’t capitalise on those periods 

Plenty more points to play for 

Intrigued to no. Could have been a different game, is that to say that Lostwithiel who have a handful or so of points all season could have beaten a side who, from what I can see, haven't lost a game all season? 

3 minutes ago, Saturday_Social said:

Intrigued to no. Could have been a different game, is that to say that Lostwithiel who have a handful or so of points all season could have beaten a side who, from what I can see, haven't lost a game all season? 

Possibly if we hadn’t have had a stupid red card and if the ref hadn’t have given a penalty for a shot hitting a lad in the chest then it might have been a different game up until that point we were well in the game. Grampound are a decent side but they are are no better than lanreath or Bude 

5 minutes ago, Xavier1 said:

Possibly if we hadn’t have had a stupid red card and if the ref hadn’t have given a penalty for a shot hitting a lad in the chest then it might have been a different game up until that point we were well in the game. Grampound are a decent side but they are are no better than lanreath or Bude 

Fair play to Losty then, based on that I'm sure we will see them top 2 or 3 by the end of the season as long as they don't loose any key players. 

Chacewater 0 vs 9 New inn titans 

9-0 today in the repeat fixture from last week titans ran away with this 1. Titans expected Chacewater to sit in and frustrate but that game plan went out the window early doors as baber & nico penfold linked up then Robbie penfold put Arthur in behind to lash in his 1st of 2 today.

Titans were getting through over and over ward had beaten his man and put it on a plate for Robbie penfold who had an open goal but couldn't sort his feet out. Moments later both  Arthur and Barry penfold missed from close range

The 2nd did come as Chacewater couldn't hold the door no longer as Michael Catterall found some space in the box, a good striker will tell u sometimes u get space just standing still and Catterall was picked out by Arthur to whip his 1st of 4 into the bottom corner

Baber had picked out Robbie penfold who then found Arthur to slam home another deadly finish 3-0 Arthur's movement was on another level. 

Nico penfold had got ward in to make it 4 before half time, ward carrying on his impressive goalscoring run.

Not much to be said from the gaffer other than the titans had took their foot off the pedal in the closing stages of the half and this was an opportunity for the away side to post a big win

Arthur was unplayable today, absolutely electric and he got in again beat the keeper only to find his shot hit the post but Mikey Catterall had followed in to put in his 2nd, 5-0.

Arthur again got in behind to sweep the ball over the Chacewater keeper and the catt pounced again as it looked to be going in.... 6-0

At this point all football was over it was a question of how many and who was hungry enough to get the goals, Robbie penfold picked out his brother nico penfold who nodded home the 7th

There was still time for mikey Catterall to add another to his impressive display today being put in by nico penfold to get 4th.

The final goal came from skipper Barry penfold again picked out by Robbie penfold with his 4th assist today from a corner Barry penfold had peeled away at the back stick to head home the 9th.

Some great performances today from Robbie penfold getting 4 assists. Mike Catterall bagging 4 but man of the match today was connor Arthur up top he was electric. 

A mention to Chacewaters Kevin Mitchell who had gone down off the ball, a scary moment but he was conscious at the close of play and by all accounts was up and about  post match  thankfully. Rest up. All love 2u from the titans.

Newlyn Non Athletico (0) 0 -vs- 4 (0) Falmouth United

Well, I am not one for footballing cliche's, but this was a game of two halves. A true top-of-the-table clash between two of the Big 3 teams in the league, losing this one would be a psychological blow to either side. Newlyn had a full squad available for this one, giving the manager a headache over selection. A nice headache to have!

From kick-off, the game flowed end-to-end. Big tackles, good movement from both sides, resulted in a few chances. Newlyn were creating the clearer openings, and won a penalty midway through the half. I didn't see the incident, but I understand it was a stonewall penalty. Up steps Newlyn top scorer, Jack Lidds, who I was putting my mortgage on to now open the scoring. Keeper guessed right, bang, corner. At the other end, a quick Falmouth break resulted in a chase to the ball by the attacker and onrushing keeper, 6 yards outside the penalty area. Attacker nips the ball first, jumps over keeper, but there is contact, and the refs whistle blows. Yellow. Covering defender, right decision. Free kick defended well.

Then the Newlyn midfield maestro Steadfast Seth hits the deck. He's not that type of player to go down for nothing. Twisted ankle. Helped off. He'd already put a shift in.

Still chances were created by Newlyn. Mike Eddy swung over a cross asking for Lidds to stick it in the onion bag. Skimmed the crossbar. 0-0 at half time, the oranges tasted sweet, the football good.

Well, it seemed Newlyn were one or two players short in the second half. Falmouth were still giving 110%, and not letting Newlyn any time on the ball. They showed great mental strength to battle on and force openings. The first goal was rather a surprise. An innocuous challenge out of the touchline resulting in a free kick. Swung over, I think it bounced twice before entering the net, not touching anyone in the packed penalty as it made its way there. There are no easy games at this level, and Newlyn were now on the back foot after a great first half with nothing to show for it.

Both teams battled, 20 mins to go, still up for grabs. But Newlyn lost possession, a quick break down the Falmouth right resulted in goal number two. Was there any way back for Newlyn? They forced another chance, and chipped wide a near open-goal opportunity. Falmouth replied with a top drawer strike from their No. 9 from 25 yards. No keeper in the world would have saved that.

Time for a last 3 against 2 as Newlyn pressed for a consolation goal, and Falmouth broke to chalk up their fourth. Worthy winners I guess. But I am not sure the 0-4 reflected on Newlyn's overall performance. A couple of home goals in the first half would have made a different game of it.

Anyway, the guys put a shift in, gave a really good account of themselves, every game a cup final now, but we will take it one game at a time. Sick as a parrot.

14 hours ago, Xavier1 said:

Sounds like sour grapes in all honesty!   🍇

3 hours ago, Mangle said:

Newlyn Non Athletico (0) 0 -vs- 4 (0) Falmouth United

Well, I am not one for footballing cliche's, but this was a game of two halves. A true top-of-the-table clash between two of the Big 3 teams in the league, losing this one would be a psychological blow to either side. Newlyn had a full squad available for this one, giving the manager a headache over selection. A nice headache to have!

From kick-off, the game flowed end-to-end. Big tackles, good movement from both sides, resulted in a few chances. Newlyn were creating the clearer openings, and won a penalty midway through the half. I didn't see the incident, but I understand it was a stonewall penalty. Up steps Newlyn top scorer, Jack Lidds, who I was putting my mortgage on to now open the scoring. Keeper guessed right, bang, corner. At the other end, a quick Falmouth break resulted in a chase to the ball by the attacker and onrushing keeper, 6 yards outside the penalty area. Attacker nips the ball first, jumps over keeper, but there is contact, and the refs whistle blows. Yellow. Covering defender, right decision. Free kick defended well.

Then the Newlyn midfield maestro Steadfast Seth hits the deck. He's not that type of player to go down for nothing. Twisted ankle. Helped off. He'd already put a shift in.

Still chances were created by Newlyn. Mike Eddy swung over a cross asking for Lidds to stick it in the onion bag. Skimmed the crossbar. 0-0 at half time, the oranges tasted sweet, the football good.

Well, it seemed Newlyn were one or two players short in the second half. Falmouth were still giving 110%, and not letting Newlyn any time on the ball. They showed great mental strength to battle on and force openings. The first goal was rather a surprise. An innocuous challenge out of the touchline resulting in a free kick. Swung over, I think it bounced twice before entering the net, not touching anyone in the packed penalty as it made its way there. There are no easy games at this level, and Newlyn were now on the back foot after a great first half with nothing to show for it.

Both teams battled, 20 mins to go, still up for grabs. But Newlyn lost possession, a quick break down the Falmouth right resulted in goal number two. Was there any way back for Newlyn? They forced another chance, and chipped wide a near open-goal opportunity. Falmouth replied with a top drawer strike from their No. 9 from 25 yards. No keeper in the world would have saved that.

Time for a last 3 against 2 as Newlyn pressed for a consolation goal, and Falmouth broke to chalk up their fourth. Worthy winners I guess. But I am not sure the 0-4 reflected on Newlyn's overall performance. A couple of home goals in the first half would have made a different game of it.

Anyway, the guys put a shift in, gave a really good account of themselves, every game a cup final now, but we will take it one game at a time. Sick as a parrot.

The first half showed why you guys are league leaders unreal performance you from guys and we admitted that we where lucky not to be a few goals down at half time just shame that your striker couldn’t hit a barn door that day. 

Nothing but respect to you guys down at Newlyn a great team good football and a nice venue to go back to after the game.