Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 12 November 2022

Well… after reading all this, I am baffled!! I can only imagine most of these horrible words about bude, not only as a team but as a club… must have ties to liskeard because in what was a scrappy, stop, start game (which both teams played a part in) was actually quite an enjoyable watch. Liskeard played some good football in what looked like a decent surface! I know bude has a slope but how there was a Moan about the surface is crazy! I didn’t hear one player or supporter have a dig about the surface. Bude done a job today as they knew how good liskeard were. A fair result as bude got an early lead and sat on it. Whether the goal was past the time allotted or out of play whatever, it would have been unjust for liskeard to walk away from this game without a point. I left straight after the game so can’t comment on liskeard not coming back to clubhouse, but I assume they would have pre warned bude about this so there wasn’t food put on for them… I felt that liskeard set the tempo in what was a frantic start, as their CM clearly stamped on a bude player only to receive a yellow card. Both teams put in very strong challenges and got around the referee when decisions didn’t go their way. Very disappointed to hear the moaning about budes facilities as many volunteers put their hard earned time into the club and the place improves every time I visit the ground! Granted it’s club in motion as speaking to supporters there is a lot of work going on to try and improve facilities!! All in all a fair result, well refereed on the whole! Both teams just as bad as eachother with all the above mentioned! As for the time added on, the 2nd half resumed at 3:13 and finished at 4:09!! Judge that how you want!

2 minutes ago, Football Follower 456 said:

Pictures are deceiving, pitchside you can really see, more molehills than the moors!

Every single picture that the bude camera man posts, the surface looks good! Around the edge of the pitch could be a bit dodgy due to works going on to fit floodlights, to improve the club and facilities at bude! Sometimes clubs can never do right! The surface was good, the game was good, the moaning from both sides was not good. The moaning on here from liskeard connections are ridiculous. Very good side do not need to be tarnished with bitter supporters 

49 minutes ago, J dubz said:

Every single picture that the bude camera man posts, the surface looks good! Around the edge of the pitch could be a bit dodgy due to works going on to fit floodlights, to improve the club and facilities at bude! Sometimes clubs can never do right! The surface was good, the game was good, the moaning from both sides was not good. The moaning on here from liskeard connections are ridiculous. Very good side do not need to be tarnished with bitter supporters 

The loose touches, bobbles, miscontrols, throughout the match, all speak volumes to me about the playing surface. It was not good at all, but saying that, the same for both sides, and Bude are used to playing on a council field, it is what it is.
Don’t think people are being bitter, just realistic. Maybe bias from both sides, but if we are being truthful a very poor game. 

Reads as if everyone was at Bude vs Liskeard, I however was At Penzance vs Bodmin. I’ll keep it short at sweet, pasty was fantastic! - Bodmin however……..far far from it and possibly worse than when I saw them earlier on in the season. Every calling for Dane Bunney, he’s signed a few 37 year olds from Plymouth and a bunch of kids from Bodmin who unfortunately aren’t even duchy standard. 

I think that Bude are doing an amazing job considering it is their first season in this division, they are by far holding their own on the pitch, have had some really good results and beaten a lot of the established sides in the league. The table reflects this. They have made some really good signings and brought in a couple from the reserves to make sure that they are in a position to compete. Off the pitch, there are great people who are trying to help push the club forward with fundraising, grants, floodlights being installed and general all round improvements. The club has developed more in the last 2/3 years than it has in the previous 20 due to the people involved from the commitee to the players, groundsman and canteen lady. Everyone seems to be on the same page.

I cannot comment on yesterdays game, but are you telling me that no other teams have tried to frustrate their opposition and see a game out when their noses are in front? It just needs to be done sometimes especially with so many players missing yesterday! Bude have received a lot of plaudits for their performances this season and this is reflected in previous match reports from previous games. People seem to have short memories!

I think people need to take a step back and see how far Bude have come, understand that they are now probably 'punching above their weight' managing the best they can with what they have but ultimately trying to develop and improve everything. 

14 hours ago, RAPPO said:

CALLINGTON  (0)

NEWQUAY  (0) 1        Turner 55’

ATT: 73

Good game of football as Tamar Man has already mentioned. Just about the right result on chances created and football played on a really difficult surface for the players. Callington as always a well drilled physical unit and Newquay showed some real spirit to show they can dig out a tough victory on the road to go with their fluent football. The visitors forced 4 corners in the first 15 minutes and from the dangerous left peg of Cam Turner, Scott Flanagan shot just over after 6’ and Issac Varga had a shot well blocked after 11’. Callington came more into the game after the busy frantic start and after 19’ a great cross from the left was cut out well by the sliding last ditch Flanagan. The hosts had a couple of long range shots well over the bar before Newquay almost took the lead on 31’ when Jack Rapsey chipped home keeper Jake Mead-Crebin from 30 yards but he did brilliantly to get back to scoop the ball out of the top corner. Visitors keeper Harry Ashton was also in great form handling well and made a couple of low saves that lacked the power to trouble him and on 36’ a drilled cross from the right saw Ben “the waltz” Waters head just over the bar. 

Nick Boase was unlucky to pick up the games first yellow on 39’ for a foul on the edge of the area, Matt Edwards free kick well smothered by Ashton. Two minutes before the break a great run down the left by the pacy Alex Cole who was a threat all afternoon saw Issac Varga tee up Rapsey but his shot whistled past the top corner.  There was still time right on the break for Lewis Phillips to hit a powerful 15 yard drive that Ashton beat away. The Peppermints started the 2nd half as they started the 1st and after 55’ a fantastic 25 yard dipping strike from Cole smashed down off the underside of the bar with Mead-Crebin beaten all ends up. It only took Newquay another minute before they took the lead when Turner bent a 25 yard trademark free kick around the wall and into the bottom corner. It’s almost as good as a penalty when Cam steps up to a free kick these days!! That his 8th or 9th free kick of the season!!? Brilliant technique. To be fair to Callington their response to going behind saw them have their best spell of the match and they had a few shots from the busy Joe Carey, Phillips and young talent Rio Daley but they were either over the bar or couldn’t find a way past the safe hands of Ashton. 

The best chance probably fell to Noah Maund at the far post after 59’ but after a superb cross from Carey he headed over when well placed. The Waltz hit a powerful shot inches over on 63’  and the visiting back four of Boase and young central defensive partner Rhys Hooper were getting their heads on everything and the full backs Flanagan and the workaholic Jake Shaw were pinching in to make it a solid back line with Ashton almost looking unbeatable. Lachlan Brace was a real presence in the visiting midfield breaking up play with some clever positional play and passes unselfishly letting the talented Turner and young Noah Teagle who wasn’t afraid to get stuck in against an intimidating team both get on the ball. Simarlarly the experienced Phillips and Carey had a fine range of passing in the home midfield all afternoon. The visitors were breaking well at speed and after 65’ Cole outpaced a couple of defenders down the left and shot into the side netting before Vargas defence splitting pass on 68’sent Rapsey clear from the halfway line to dummy Mead-Crebin and go round him but with a couple covering defenders getting back on the line he went for power from a narrow angle and also found the side netting. 

The game was a real end to end affair last 10 minutes and following a few more yellow cards by the officials who controlled the game well, Daleys shot on 86’ was superbly kept out once again by Ashton and right on full time at the other end Rapsey broke clear down the right to unselfishly square the ball across goal but young sub Connor Wharton side footed against the inside of the post from 5 yards with Mead-Crebin a spectator and with Callington piling forward an almost carbon copy saw Rapsey get on the end of Shaws ball over the top and he drilled the ball to the far post again only for the luckless Wharton to slide in with probably his wrong right foot 2 yards out and straight into the thankful home keepers arms for a bizarre couple of minutes that thankfully ended  with the referees final whistle to end 95 minutes of entertaining football with the final score in the balance from the 1st to the 95th minute. Perfect overcast afternoon at 14C for football, not much wind and a few lovely cups of tea for a quid each in the clubhouse, good game as old Brucie would say! 👍👏🏼

Thanks for report Rappo sounds good nqy. Didnt go to callington to far for me went to G instead. G game no report needed less said better, without the start of season form G would be rock bottom of league probably 2 players if that good enough to get in yesterday sticker team. Was told yesterday G looking to bring St Columb manager in and all his team. 100% Cornish watches St Columb and says they good maybe its right call? nothing can get  worse for the G other than folding so something new 

well done sticker enjoyed every game watched recently good club

16 hours ago, thatstheball said:

Never witnessed such a shocking game of “football” (football I say very very lightly!!) as what I did at Bude vs. Liskeard today. 

Bude Town FC is genuinely an embarrassment to the SWPL which I have watched and enjoyed for several years, and I’m unsure why they are not investigated in some way, considering most accounts/reports are the same, game in game out, every single week.. But that’s something that’s down to the league if they want to tarnish the standards of it with the likes of Bude Town. 

Bude done nothing but verbally abuse and cry at the ref from the moment the whistle was blown. Allowing no more than 20/40 seconds of play at a time the whole game. - The only reason for the draw today is down to lack of play, and Bude Town managing to rattle Liskeard, with consistent moaning and rolling around the floor, along with the ref, who consistently allowed their pettiness to affect the game. 

How they can attempt to defend themselves and claim it was the other way around baffles me, and a lot of others who were there I’m sure. It was embarrassing to even attempt to call it a skilled game of football. The likes of which spectators enjoy with Liskeard. 

Again to go on twitter and still try to make a mockery of the league/officials - “Not sure where all the added time come from” - is beyond a joke. 

As for claims of Liskeard players stamping on Bude players… WOW! 🤣 pretty certain I witnessed a Bude player purposely stamp on a Liskeard players back. -  Shall we obtain some photos of the injuries Bude have caused to Liskeard players today? Or shall we leave it there? - it’s no wonder Liskeard players didn’t want to go in for a nice meal after is it! However having said that I did see their goalie, a mid fielder and captain in the club after, also the young defender outside having a drink, the captain did have a can of Fanta, I know it’s not a beer so probably take offence to that also, as per the Tweet. 

Complete and utter embarrassment to the SWPL, and should never be allowed. 

Club/grounds is no where near the standard it needs to be either, sewerage coming out of changing room toilets is just a start.. hygiene?? This is just basic in this day and age. 

Seriously needs to be reviewed. 

Well with the festive season coming up, I would say that we have found our pantomime villains.

Are Bude the ugly sisters to Liskeard's Cinderalla? 😁

13 hours ago, Paul said:

Mullion 1v5 St Blazey. Att.62

St Blazey returned to winning ways with a solid performance against Mullion. Nice set up. Everywhere looking neat and tidy. Little programme produced 👌 Great to see. 

Highlights from todays match including all the goals. 

Did you do a  video of the game against Helston? 

Everyone slagging Bude off i saw them play Wadebridge a few months ago they are not the prettiest team to watch they just give it to Tornado and he just does the rest he never did much here when he was at Newquay or at Blazey or Bodmin but he seems to of found his form at Bude .

Bude have done well so far in the league in there 1st year nearly the whole team is local lads so why slag them off give them a bit of praise they cant be that bad according to there position in the league 

16 hours ago, Greygen said:

Reads as if everyone was at Bude vs Liskeard, I however was At Penzance vs Bodmin. I’ll keep it short at sweet, pasty was fantastic! - Bodmin however……..far far from it and possibly worse than when I saw them earlier on in the season. Every calling for Dane Bunney, he’s signed a few 37 year olds from Plymouth and a bunch of kids from Bodmin who unfortunately aren’t even duchy standard. 

I think your going to have to give Bodmin time I guess Dane thinking is old heads in the team for the young lads to learn off. 

Mind you  There does seem to be an awful lot more   players of the experienced kind around in this league most should probably be in the vets league  .  It would never happen years ago  maybe lack of  youngsters coming through or quality of the league means they can still get away with it.  . 

On 12/11/2022 at 19:22, Brummie Simon said:

Cheers David for your very honest assessment of the game . Thought st Austell started well but we took over on 20 mins and deserved the victory and clean sheet too . First one in 3 years I believe for st dennis . 

hopefully we kick on and keep progressing today we actually had a strong squad to pick from and it’s good for the club .

💙

Well done mate great result 👍👍

23 hours ago, J dubz said:

Very disappointed to hear the moaning about budes facilities as many volunteers put their hard earned time into the club and the place improves every time I visit the ground!

How do you earn time? Is there a way of me working hard and earning an extra few hours on top of the 24 each day I currently get?

All SWPL teams now would get beat by any combo team from 10 years ago. 
the standard is shocking and the new league structure next season will turn the western league into a joke!

all these players want and are getting paid stupid amounts of money but they can’t seem to travel to Plymouth every other week 😂 it’s laughable and for that reason Cornish football is a joke 

3 hours ago, Cornish Dave said:

all these players want and are getting paid stupid amounts of money but they can’t seem to travel to Plymouth every other week 😂 it’s laughable and for that reason Cornish football is a joke 

I'm not sure I understand who can't travel to Plymouth?

Any current player out there don't get too down and depressed with the post as it's not really your fault!

To be fair one can apply it to football as a whole - "all these players want and are getting paid stupid amounts of money" and "it’s laughable and for that reason football is a joke" 

13 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Any current player out there don't get too down and depressed with the post as it's not really your fault!

To be fair one can apply it to football as a whole - "all these players want and are getting paid stupid amounts of money" and "it’s laughable and for that reason football is a joke" 

Blame the price rise of crossing the bridge 😂😂😂

7 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Merging the South West Premier into 2 different leagues was a joke. It completely ruined the standards all because people couldn’t be bothered to travel across the bridge to play better teams. 
must be the only football system where teams can decide whether they want to get promoted or not if they finish top 🙃 

players want £100+ a game but can’t be bothered to travel now we have teams in the East and West premier who were not even good enough for the swpl div 1 let alone the Premier division.

12 hours ago, Cornish Dave said:

All SWPL teams now would get beat by any combo team from 10 years ago. 
the standard is shocking and the new league structure next season will turn the western league into a joke!

1 hour ago, Cornish Dave said:

Merging the South West Premier into 2 different leagues was a joke. It completely ruined the standards all because people couldn’t be bothered to travel across the bridge to play better teams. 
must be the only football system where teams can decide whether they want to get promoted or not if they finish top 🙃 

players want £100+ a game but can’t be bothered to travel now we have teams in the East and West premier who were not even good enough for the swpl div 1 let alone the Premier division.

Is tiddlywinks an option for you mate, save you getting so worked up about Cornish football? Or maybe offer your services as a volunteer to help the “state” of Cornish football? There’s hundreds of us that put countless unpaid hours into the sport we love.

To be fair it was always going to go this way once certain clubs took promotion and made the Cornish leagues weaker. 
the best players are at parkway , tavi. Saltash , helston , mousehole , Truro  and Falmouth etc as you expect  

your then   left with a small pool of players probably not at the standard  making up the lower leagues. 
to be fair it will get worse yet  as the quality is declining . You certainly shouldn’t have 38-40 years old playing in the peninsular league  . It tells you how much it declined over the last 10 years or so  

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

To be fair it was always going to go this way once certain clubs took promotion and made the Cornish leagues weaker. 
the best players are at parkway , tavi. Saltash , helston , mousehole , Truro  and Falmouth etc as you expect  

your then   left with a small pool of players probably not at the standard  making up the lower leagues. 
to be fair it will get worse yet  as the quality is declining . You certainly shouldn’t have 38-40 years old playing in the peninsular league  . It tells you how much it declined over the last 10 years or so  

Thiago Silva is probably Chelsea's best defender. He's 38.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

How many are there?

Not sure but I certainly see more and more names Of the more mature player signing on and starting games.  I don’t see any issues if they are helping out but my point is about the standard not improving. 

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Thiago Silva is probably Chelsea's best defender. He's 38.

That debatable this season. 😀

I'm thinking (hoping!) that when the proposed restructuring takes place next year, then all teams and therefore players will 'find their level'. Ultimately, the merge from St Piran's down will help the NLS Leagues ensure there are sufficient teams in each Division and thus I think help the players, teams, referees etc make it a well-run, competitive set of Divisions. As regards the Step 5 re-structuring, I think much along the same lines and will help all concerned - plus the issue of travelling won't be such a burden (maybe?).