Wadebridge Town     2-0         Camelford 

FA VASE 

SECOND ROUND 

Bovey Tracey      4-3           Brockenhurst 

Brixham     2-1        Andover New Street 

Buckland Ath  5-1    Cullompton Rangers 

Elburton Villa   0-4     Bridgwater United

BUDE TOWN 1-1 LISKEARD ATHLETIC

Took in Bude vs Liskeard today which finished 1-1. Not a game of football to remember but the only way Bude were going to get anything from this game was to frustrate Liskeard and stop them playing, which was exactly what happened. Even though the game was played of about 90 minutes, the actual play time must’ve been much less, one of the most stop start games of football I’ve witnessed. Very poor surface and a ground I’m not sure of a standard of the SWPL, with no floodlights either. 

As I say, from minute one Bude stopped Liskeard playing and were resolute at the back which was a credit to them, when on roughly 5 minutes they took the lead when the Bude LW cut in and placed the ball wind assisted into the top corner - this gave Bude something to hang on to. For the remainder of the game there were chances few and far between for both sides, however Liskeard having the majority of the ball but couldn’t generate any real chances or anything clear cut - credit to Bude’s defending. From minute 5 up to 90, plenty of fouls, gathering round the ref, yellow cards, a couple sin bins, all that was missing was a sending off, where it looked destined to happen at some stage, however this did not come. On minute 90+3’, Liskeard found an equaliser from a set piece nodded back by the CB, for Dan Jennings to tuck in from all of a couple yards, sending the away team into celebration. To which the ball was punted long from the kickoff for the GK to gather, and the ref blew up for full time.

Not a game to remember but a game where I’d say Liskeard edged the play and should’ve generated more with the possession they had, which was quite wasteful at times - the pitch didn’t help this and they couldn’t really get a hold of the game. But, saying that, credit to Bude for frustrating Liskeard and not allowing them to get their trademark passing and free-flowing football going. Spoils shared.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 12 November 2022

Callington 0 Newquay 1

A good game of football to watch , with some good young players on both teams, both goalies were very good and had plenty to do,a brilliant goal won it from Newquay ,and Newquay missed some sitters as well , some shorter grass on the goaline and less paint on the crossbar would of made the score a few  higher, good turn out of Newquay fans more than home fans which seems to be the usual up callington...

55 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Judging by Bude Twitter it was all the refs fault again . Honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen a club blame a ref week in week out anywhere more then Bude.  

It was only the ‘refs’ fault because Bude were making it the refs fault. Screaming and shouting at every opportunity, moaning, and stopping the play on purpose. Just trying to disrupt the game.

St.Austell 0 St.Dennis 3.

No complaints I hope from the St.Austell Management and Players, outplayed by a St.Dennis side that wanted it more, could have been worse if St.Dennis hadn't squandered a penalty opportunity. 

Numerically a poor attendance,  those St.Austell supporters who decided to watch the local rugby team instead, didn't miss much.

One again well done St.Dennis,  when was the last time they won at Poltair. 

33 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Tornado bello  sin binned  and I quote from the club account “fully justified in his reaction!!”  So I assume shouting and swearing at a ref is fully accepted and encouraged  at Bude.?? 

I read that tweet as the sin bin being fully justified because of his reaction! 😀

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Judging by Bude Twitter it was all the refs fault again . Honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen a club blame a ref week in week out anywhere more then Bude.  

Credit to liskeard manager the only one out of the whole team to stay back for a drink and food when asked they said they were staying for food we provided meals for all there players and only there manager stays ,was a good game  to watch 

35 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Tornado bello  sin binned  and I quote from the club account “fully justified in his reaction!!”  So I assume shouting and swearing at a ref is fully accepted and encouraged  at Bude.?? 

Just shouted at him self in frustration that’s all 

30 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

Why is there a lack of referees everyone asks. They will be asking more question like this when they can't get referees on the line because they've all quit 

The ref done well at Bude today if you was there you would of seen all the liskeard  players surrounding the ref at every decision they had a player sin binned for calling the ref  *******  shit but no one talks about them 😂🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, David Bray said:

St.Austell 0 St.Dennis 3.

No complaints I hope from the St.Austell Management and Players, outplayed by a St.Dennis side that wanted it more, could have been worse if St.Dennis hadn't squandered a penalty opportunity. 

Numerically a poor attendance,  those St.Austell supporters who decided to watch the local rugby team instead, didn't miss much.

One again well done St.Dennis,  when was the last time they won at Poltair. 

Cheers David for your very honest assessment of the game . Thought st Austell started well but we took over on 20 mins and deserved the victory and clean sheet too . First one in 3 years I believe for st dennis . 

hopefully we kick on and keep progressing today we actually had a strong squad to pick from and it’s good for the club .

💙

13 minutes ago, Ben potter said:

Credit to liskeard manager the only one out of the whole team to stay back for a drink and food when asked they said they were staying for food we provided meals for all there players and only there manager stays ,was a good game  to watch 

The ref done well at Bude today if you was there you would of seen all the liskeard  players surrounding the ref at every decision they had a player sin binned for calling the ref  *******  shit but no one talks about them 😂🤦‍♂️

Sorry to disappoint Ben but it was quite the opposite of a good game to watch. A good game to watch is something I usually associate with watching Liskeard however today was quite the opposite, and I think this comes hand in hand with the opponents they were playing, who disrupted at every opportunity. A common trend in the majority of Bude games I believe.

I heard the Liskeard player was sin binned for arguing with a Bude player, but the referee thought it was aimed at him, to which the Liskeard player Harry Bell apologised and said it wasn’t aimed at him but the player.

The game was stopped for longer than the ball was in play for it seemed, not a good advert for the league.

1 minute ago, Football Follower 456 said:

Sorry to disappoint Ben but it was quite the opposite of a good game to watch. A good game to watch is something I usually associate with watching Liskeard however today was quite the opposite, and I think this comes hand in hand with the opponents they were playing, who disrupted at every opportunity. A common trend in the majority of Bude games I believe.

I heard the Liskeard player was sin binned for arguing with a Bude player, but the referee thought it was aimed at him, to which the Liskeard player Harry Bell apologised and said it wasn’t aimed at him but the player.

The game was stopped for longer than the ball was in play for it seemed, not a good advert for the league.

Ok we all have are opinions 😂

1 hour ago, Football Follower 456 said:

It was only the ‘refs’ fault because Bude were making it the refs fault. Screaming and shouting at every opportunity, moaning, and stopping the play on purpose. Just trying to disrupt the game.

No wonder they were surrounding the ref when there was 3-4 incidents where bude players were deliberately being stamped on off the ball 

Grisly afternoon in Bude! 

Bude Town 1 Liskeard Athletic 1

A truly grim spectacle! This approach to football will see Bude have very few friends in the Cornish game. 90 minutes of gamesmanship, niggles and an aggressive approach. Anti football of the first order and in the ear of the ref all afternoon! Constant stop / start game and being in the faces of an often brilliant Blues side totally disrupted Liskeard's usual fluent style. Despite about 70% possession the visitors created few clear cut chances. Indeed, during the second half two one-on-one's with the keeper saw Tornado Bello miss both. At least he stayed on his feet both times! On top of this, Luke Gwillam had to push another Bude effort over the bar. 

In one sense to be up and at them when facing a more skilful and talented side was probably right, but (for me) it went way too far. Frankly a visit to the dentist for an extraction would have been more enjoyable than this. 

That said, Bude *were*  very well organised, resolute and dangerous on the break. What more could the home management team ask for? Getting a nicely executed goal via a cute Billy Hopcoft lobbed finish in the first minute gave the Seasiders plenty to hang on to. Thankfully a late close range DJ finish got Liskeard something out of this awful game.

I would add, the Bude twitter feed is an embarrassment. Take a look at it! One eyed, partisan and unpleasant - and, not for the first time, claiming the ref conspired against them! Comments like 'Liskeard Athletic celebrated like they won the league..' and criticising Blues players for not staying behind after. Kick the brown stuff out of opponents all afternoon with the 'dogs of war' mentality don't be surprised that they shoot off pronto after the game. It is laughable to tweet that **Liskeard** were lucky to have 11 still on the field after that game. Further your promo pics for the watching of the World Cup in your bar is replete with two images of fans with pyros - how irresponsible is that?! 

OK, I'm ranting a bit - but those that have read my many reports on matches on this forum, and they've been from Lanson to PZ, will know I try to be positive and promote the local game and usually only have good things to say about clubs in Kernow and Devon. Sad that one of my local clubs is the first I've had to criticise on here.  I went away thinking horrid football, not a pleasant atmosphere, poor ground and pitch - at least the programme wasn't bad. I do hope a footballing side gets that fourth spot behind the excellent Blazey, Blues and Wendron!!

1 hour ago, Football Follower 456 said:

Never seen anything like it. Bude we’re the epitome of anti football. An absolute shithouse outfit with a terrible pitch. Glad we got that game out the way. I’m sure it’ll be a different story at lux park 

Never witnessed such a shocking game of “football” (football I say very very lightly!!) as what I did at Bude vs. Liskeard today. 

Bude Town FC is genuinely an embarrassment to the SWPL which I have watched and enjoyed for several years, and I’m unsure why they are not investigated in some way, considering most accounts/reports are the same, game in game out, every single week.. But that’s something that’s down to the league if they want to tarnish the standards of it with the likes of Bude Town. 

Bude done nothing but verbally abuse and cry at the ref from the moment the whistle was blown. Allowing no more than 20/40 seconds of play at a time the whole game. - The only reason for the draw today is down to lack of play, and Bude Town managing to rattle Liskeard, with consistent moaning and rolling around the floor, along with the ref, who consistently allowed their pettiness to affect the game. 

How they can attempt to defend themselves and claim it was the other way around baffles me, and a lot of others who were there I’m sure. It was embarrassing to even attempt to call it a skilled game of football. The likes of which spectators enjoy with Liskeard. 

Again to go on twitter and still try to make a mockery of the league/officials - “Not sure where all the added time come from” - is beyond a joke. 

As for claims of Liskeard players stamping on Bude players… WOW! 🤣 pretty certain I witnessed a Bude player purposely stamp on a Liskeard players back. -  Shall we obtain some photos of the injuries Bude have caused to Liskeard players today? Or shall we leave it there? - it’s no wonder Liskeard players didn’t want to go in for a nice meal after is it! However having said that I did see their goalie, a mid fielder and captain in the club after, also the young defender outside having a drink, the captain did have a can of Fanta, I know it’s not a beer so probably take offence to that also, as per the Tweet. 

Complete and utter embarrassment to the SWPL, and should never be allowed. 

Club/grounds is no where near the standard it needs to be either, sewerage coming out of changing room toilets is just a start.. hygiene?? This is just basic in this day and age. 

Seriously needs to be reviewed. 

4 minutes ago, Plympep said:

Never seen anything like it. Bude we’re the epitome of anti football. An absolute shithouse outfit with a terrible pitch. Glad we got that game out the way. I’m sure it’ll be a different story at lux park 

5 minutes ago, Plympep said:

Very classy mate , we all can’t afford leisure centre facilities just gone up mate , you boys been in they league for years good luck going forward bad sportsmanship in my eyes didn’t even come back for food or drink when meals were provided for your players such a waste 

4 minutes ago, thatstheball said:

Never witnessed such a shocking game of “football” (football I say very very lightly!!) as what I did at Bude vs. Liskeard today. 

Bude Town FC is genuinely an embarrassment to the SWPL which I have watched and enjoyed for several years, and I’m unsure why they are not investigated in some way, considering most accounts/reports are the same, game in game out, every single week.. But that’s something that’s down to the league if they want to tarnish the standards of it with the likes of Bude Town. 

Bude done nothing but verbally abuse and cry at the ref from the moment the whistle was blown. Allowing no more than 20/40 seconds of play at a time the whole game. - The only reason for the draw today is down to lack of play, and Bude Town managing to rattle Liskeard, with consistent moaning and rolling around the floor, along with the ref, who consistently allowed their pettiness to affect the game. 

How they can attempt to defend themselves and claim it was the other way around baffles me, and a lot of others who were there I’m sure. It was embarrassing to even attempt to call it a skilled game of football. The likes of which spectators enjoy with Liskeard. 

Again to go on twitter and still try to make a mockery of the league/officials - “Not sure where all the added time come from” - is beyond a joke. 

As for claims of Liskeard players stamping on Bude players… WOW! 🤣 pretty certain I witnessed a Bude player purposely stamp on a Liskeard players back. -  Shall we obtain some photos of the injuries Bude have caused to Liskeard players today? Or shall we leave it there? - it’s no wonder Liskeard players didn’t want to go in for a nice meal after is it! However having said that I did see their goalie, a mid fielder and captain in the club after, also the young defender outside having a drink, the captain did have a can of Fanta, I know it’s not a beer so probably take offence to that also, as per the Tweet. 

Club/grounds is no where near the standard it needs to be either, sewerage coming out of changing room toilets is just a start.. hygiene?? This is just basic in this day and age. 

You lot are pathetic the only team to moan , how about you concentrate on football and leave your hair and make up at home 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Ben potter said:

Very classy mate , we all can’t afford leisure centre facilities just gone up mate , you boys been in they league for years good luck going forward bad sportsmanship in my eyes didn’t even come back for food or drink when meals were provided for your players such a waste 

Kick the brown stuff out of opponents, roll on the floor with 'injuries' and try to niggle opponents all afternoon of course they don't want to spend time with you afterwards! You're welcome to your 'shithousery' but don't expect to make friends with it!

1 minute ago, Ben potter said:

I’ll give you that. It was poor. As the food that was put on was very good. Cottage pie with veg. 
but the fact the lads prob didn’t wanna share pleasentries after being assaulted for 90 mins with the Bude players I can understand. 
myself I had 3 cans of Amstel during the game & saw several players having a ‘can’ outside whilst eating there lovely meal which was put on for them in my opinion I think they did there bit

£150 a game for tornado bello and bude say they don’t pay a lot😂 awful awful game there today with bude constantly moaning, stopping play at every opportunity. much different game when they visit lux park, liskeard will quite literally play them off the park. take a point and walk a way from that liskeard, honking place👍🏻

1 minute ago, Buggzy said:

£150 a game for tornado hello and bude say they don’t pay a lot😂 awful awful game there today with bude constantly moaning, stopping play at every opportunity. much different game when they visit lux park, liskeard will quite literally play them off the park. take a point and walk a way from that liskeard, honking place👍🏻

Love the rumours 😂😂

2 minutes ago, Plympep said:

I’ll give you that. It was poor. As the food that was put on was very good. Cottage pie with veg. 
but the fact the lads prob didn’t wanna share pleasentries after being assaulted for 90 mins with the Bude players I can understand. 
myself I had 3 cans of Amstel during the game & saw several players having a ‘can’ outside whilst eating there lovely meal which was put on for them in my opinion I think they did there bit

Assaulted 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂bloody hell a lot of crap on here , if they were assaulted I’m sure there would of been red cards 🤦‍♂️Just poor from liskeard who have had to battle for a point today 

CALLINGTON  (0)

NEWQUAY  (0) 1        Turner 55’

ATT: 73

Good game of football as Tamar Man has already mentioned. Just about the right result on chances created and football played on a really difficult surface for the players. Callington as always a well drilled physical unit and Newquay showed some real spirit to show they can dig out a tough victory on the road to go with their fluent football. The visitors forced 4 corners in the first 15 minutes and from the dangerous left peg of Cam Turner, Harrie Tilston shot just over after 6’ and Issac Varga had a shot well blocked after 11’. Callington came more into the game after the busy frantic start and after 19’ a great cross from the left was cut out well by the sliding last ditch Tilston. The hosts had a couple of long range shots well over the bar before Newquay almost took the lead on 31’ when Jack Rapsey chipped home keeper Jake Mead-Crebin from 30 yards but he did brilliantly to get back to scoop the ball out of the top corner. Visitors keeper Harry Ashton was also in great form handling well and made a couple of low saves that lacked the power to trouble him and on 36’ a drilled cross from the right saw Ben “the waltz” Waters head just over the bar. 

Nick Boase was unlucky to pick up the games first yellow on 39’ for a foul on the edge of the area, Matt Edwards free kick well smothered by Ashton. Two minutes before the break a great run down the left by the pacy Alex Cole who was a threat all afternoon saw Issac Varga tee up Rapsey but his shot whistled past the top corner.  There was still time right on the break for Lewis Phillips to hit a powerful 15 yard drive that Ashton beat away. The Peppermints started the 2nd half as they started the 1st and after 55’ a fantastic 25 yard dipping strike from Cole smashed down off the underside of the bar with Mead-Crebin beaten all ends up. It only took Newquay another minute before they took the lead when Turner bent a 25 yard trademark free kick around the wall and into the bottom corner. It’s almost as good as a penalty when Cam steps up to a free kick these days!! That his 8th or 9th free kick of the season!!? Brilliant technique. To be fair to Callington their response to going behind saw them have their best spell of the match and they had a few shots from the busy Joe Carey, Phillips and young talent Rio Daley but they were either over the bar or couldn’t find a way past the safe hands of Ashton. 

The best chance probably fell to Noah Maund at the far post after 59’ but after a superb cross from Carey he headed over when well placed. The Waltz hit a powerful shot inches over on 63’  and the visiting back four of Boase and young central defensive partner Rhys Hooper were getting their heads on everything and the full backs Tilston and the workaholic Jake Shaw were pinching in to make it a solid back line with Ashton almost looking unbeatable. Lachlan Brace was a real presence in the visiting midfield breaking up play with some clever positional play and passes unselfishly letting the talented Turner and young Noah Teagle who wasn’t afraid to get stuck in against an intimidating team both get on the ball. Simarlarly the experienced Phillips and Carey had a fine range of passing in the home midfield all afternoon. The visitors were breaking well at speed and after 65’ Cole outpaced a couple of defenders down the left and shot into the side netting before Vargas defence splitting pass on 68’sent Rapsey clear from the halfway line to dummy Mead-Crebin and go round him but with a couple covering defenders getting back on the line he went for power from a narrow angle and also found the side netting. 

The game was a real end to end affair last 10 minutes and following a few more yellow cards by the officials who controlled the game well, Daleys shot on 86’ was superbly kept out once again by Ashton and right on full time at the other end Rapsey broke clear down the right to unselfishly square the ball across goal but young sub Connor Wharton side footed against the inside of the post from 5 yards with Mead-Crebin a spectator and with Callington piling forward an almost carbon copy saw Rapsey get on the end of Shaws ball over the top and he drilled the ball to the far post again only for the luckless Wharton to slide in with probably his wrong right foot 2 yards out and straight into the thankful home keepers arms for a bizarre couple of minutes that thankfully ended  with the referees final whistle to end 95 minutes of entertaining football with the final score in the balance from the 1st to the 95th minute. Perfect overcast afternoon at 14C for football, not much wind and a few lovely cups of tea for a quid each in the clubhouse, good game as old Brucie would say! 👍👏🏼

8 minutes ago, Ben potter said:

Love the rumours 😂😂

Assaulted 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂bloody hell a lot of crap on here , if they were assaulted I’m sure there would of been red cards 🤦‍♂️Just poor from liskeard who have had to battle for a point today 

battle against a team who didn’t have one ounce of football ability and just wanted to kick lumps at every given opportunity! fair play tho tough place to get results on that absolute cow pat of a field! see you next year👍🏻

22 minutes ago, thatstheball said:

Crying about playing there for 1 game a season, imagine playing 20+ games there a season like the bude players r doing 🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, The Turk said:

battle against a team who didn’t have one ounce of football ability and just wanted to kick lumps at every given opportunity! fair play tho tough place to get results on that absolute cow pat of a field! see you next year👍🏻

Liskeard and Bude won’t be in the same league

1 minute ago, Cal the dragon said:

Crying about playing there for 1 game a season, imagine playing 20+ games there a season like the bude players r doing 🤦‍♂️

Feel very sorry for them, only initiative is the £150 like Bello gets a game! Even he said to one of the Liskeard players that’s the only reason he’s there, doesn’t care about the results. Fair enough I suppose👍🏻

3 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Never that can’t be bude 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Ben potter said:

Ref done well to not get locked in the changing room again at bude by sounds of it 😂😂

1 hour ago, Brummie Simon said:

Cheers David for your very honest assessment of the game . Thought st Austell started well but we took over on 20 mins and deserved the victory and clean sheet too . First one in 3 years I believe for st dennis . 

hopefully we kick on and keep progressing today we actually had a strong squad to pick from and it’s good for the club .

💙

Well done Saints!

To be fair I don’t think there anything wrong with being agressive and robust to try and get a result. . But just own it. Don’t go on social media moaning about the ref or how your player was sin binned for gobbing off like it’s a badge of honour 
If bello missed 2 easy chances that reason you didn’t beat them and fact he was an idiot and got sin binned giving the team 10 men 

as for the drinks back the pub I agree that is poor.  Every team should make the effort. It’s not the pubs fault and they probably rely on the custom and lay on food at great expense for away teams . . Be the bigger person and pop in for 1 drink at least . 

Travelled down to Bude today to watch the game, have to say I disagree with most of the above, Bude were the better side and Liskeard were lucky to get away with a point. Have to say that I was really impressed with Budes number 2, by far the best player on the park.

Surprised to hear that the Liskeard players didn’t stay after the game, find it disrespectful. Also I have been to Liskeard and you’d think they wouldn’t be in a rush to get back there..

1 hour ago, thatstheball said:

That’s What happens when you turn the SWPL into a pub league

The truth is both teams were at it… niggly fouls, lots of verbal! Yes liskeard knocked it around well, but they didn’t actually create anything. Bude got themselves into a winning position and towards the end of the game tried to wind the clock down… find me a team that wouldn’t! 1-1 is a fair result and all the banter that came with the game made it have that little bit more bite which is a good to see. At the end of the game hands should be shook and everyone should have a beer in the bar…. Something Liskeard wouldn’t do.

Lots of complaints about the pitch which to me are baffling… the surface is similar to all at this level at this stage of the season. Bude aren’t blessed with an endless pot of money where they can improve facilities. They have a number of volunteers who are trying their very best to improve the facilities…. The insults is probably the last thing they want to hear. I would say the same goes for the ref who in my opinion did well overall in a tough game. My personal impression Is there is an element of self entitlement from Liskeard. 

4 minutes ago, Sheldon Cooper said:

The truth is both teams were at it… niggly fouls, lots of verbal! Yes liskeard knocked it around well, but they didn’t actually create anything. Bude got themselves into a winning position and towards the end of the game tried to wind the clock down… find me a team that wouldn’t! 1-1 is a fair result and all the banter that came with the game made it have that little bit more bite which is a good to see. At the end of the game hands should be shook and everyone should have a beer in the bar…. Something Liskeard wouldn’t do.

Lots of complaints about the pitch which to me are baffling… the surface is similar to all at this level at this stage of the season. Bude aren’t blessed with an endless pot of money where they can improve facilities. They have a number of volunteers who are trying their very best to improve the facilities…. The insults is probably the last thing they want to hear. I would say the same goes for the ref who in my opinion did well overall in a tough game. My personal impression Is there is an element of self entitlement from Liskeard. 

No the surface isn't like others in the league. Go to Wendron or Camelford and you'll see a bowling green level of pitch brilliance usually.

One team tried to play the other wanted to 'mix it' with opponents. 

If this was the first time you've faced criticism like today then you may be right about 'Liskeard self-entitlement', but it is not and you know it. 

1 minute ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

No the surface isn't like others in the league. Go to Wendron or Camelford and you'll see a bowling green level of pitch brilliance usually.

One team tried to play the other wanted to 'mix it' with opponents. 

If this was the first time you've faced criticism like today then you may be right about 'Liskeard self-entitlement', but it is not and you know it. 

Camelford and Wendron have great surfaces, well done to them. Not every club does unfortunately… but they and their groundsman try.

All I’ve heard is one team wanted to play football and one team didn’t allow them…. Bude adapted their game for the occasion. Liskeard did celebrate their equaliser at the end like they’d won the game which I think says something as well. 

3 minutes ago, Sheldon Cooper said:

All I’ve heard is one team wanted to play football and one team didn’t allow them…. Bude adapted their game for the occasion. Liskeard did celebrate their equaliser at the end like they’d won the game which I think says something as well. 

I think any team scoring a 90+ mins equaliser has a right to celebrate 

especially after dominating the game against a poor team. 
I think in a few months the league will show who should be where they are. 
fair play for Bude to turn the game into a battle to get a ‘result’ 

19 minutes ago, Sheldon Cooper said:

The surface is similar at this stage of the season!!! /............................. The pitch and facilities are shocking for 6. October/November is a great time of year for the pitch. That pitch is no better than it was 10 years ago and given the grants available is very poor. Likewise, the same applies to the changing rooms. I sympathise if volunteers are trying their best but must try drastically harder!

11 minutes ago, justanopinion said:

The surface is similar at this stage of the season!!! /............................. The pitch and facilities are shocking for 6. October/November is a great time of year for the pitch. That pitch is no better than it was 10 years ago and given the grants available is very poor. Likewise, the same applies to the changing rooms. I sympathise if volunteers are trying their best but must try drastically harder!

I’ll let them know. Hopefully next time your visit will be more comfortable. Apologies for the inconvenience 

1 hour ago, S Abbo said:

Looks like everyone was at Bude today! 

I wasn't Babbo, I went to Launceston where we had lovely facilities and a good game where we could of easily been behind at the break but for a good save from Ethan and some wayward shooting from the home side.

Few tweaks regarding tempo and tightening up the basics and we took an early lead Billy stone cutting back for Sam young to shoot through a crowd, harsh on Launceston to be fair and worse came as a good opportunity for them turned in to a blistering counter attack and we were 2 up through Charlie Young. This probably knocked the home sides confidence and we added two more from Joe Souch and Reece Carroll. Ethan still had to make two great saves form Launceston's talented number 10 to keep the clean sheet.

Good win after a tough week, harsh on Launceston who will start picking up results sooner rather than later, they were well in this game and the scoreline flattered is a bit, but glad of the points, well officiated and we wish Launceston all the best for the rest of the season, unbelievable food after the game 🥰