Cornwall Football Forum

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP RESULTS - Wednesday 9 November 2022

Watched a very good game at Mt Wise between Newquay and Liskeard shouldnt of gone up really afer being down Hospital all afternoon and being in bloody agony .

What  a brilliant team Liskeard the football they play is great to watch so many talented players there , Liskeard went 1-0 up from prolific scorer James Lorenz ,Liskeard continued to dominate and Harry in the Newquay goal was pulling off save after save and brilliant defending at times it was like the film ZULU and Newquay hanging on in there .1-0 HT 

2ND Half NEWQUAY came more into the game and Luke Gwillian had to pull off a couple of really good saves ,Liskeard nearly scored straight from a corner but the alert Harry Ashton tipped the ball over the bar . Newquay where attacking more and i thought they would get a equaliser but just as it looked like that a passback played to short was inercerpted by the brilliant Dan Jennings just took at around Harry an drolled the ball in 2-0 .

Liskeard where still playing the long cross field ball to James Lorenz and him and James Rowe where putting in cross after cross and Harrys handling was superb . 

With time running out Newquay where awarded a pen an di think it was Alex Cole who took it and scored FT SCORE 2-1 to Liskeard 

Mom for NEWQUAY HARRY ASHTON AND FOR LISKEARD COULD OF BEEN ANYONE BUT IM GOING FOR JAMES ROWE 

The Ref and his assistants where excellent and controlled the game really well . 

I would like to say it was really nice of Martin Hodge and Jon Colenzo to come over and have a chat and see Smokie , it was really nice of them after i had a shite time down the Hospital and was in agony the whole match and was glad to get home . 

Well played Newquay sorry i said you would loose 6-0 but i was told Goalie Harry Ashton had joined Mousehole and Noah Teagle had also left but both played tonight and all played well . Liskeard will surely win the league on performances like this there football is a joy to watch and i will be at Sticker Saturday week to watch them play again 

12 minutes ago, silly billy said:

Bit embarrassing for the f troop. No doubt they'll be on here later blowing there own trumpets about the attendance gates and the past trophies. Unfortunately as they are finding out that doesn't win them matches. 🤣

2 absolute sceamers for wendron that any team would be buzzing to score! Young Lucas Potts and theolders grandson Reece Carol with the goals for Wendron. Cracking game mind for the neutral with end to end stuff for both sides. Congratulations Wendron 

34 minutes ago, silly billy said:

Bit embarrassing for the f troop. No doubt they'll be on here later blowing there own trumpets about the attendance gates and the past trophies. Unfortunately as they are finding out that doesn't win them matches. 🤣

No qualms from me Billy ! Wendron took their 2 chances .we didn't take ours .An inspired performance from Eathen Fern in the wendron goal was the M.O.T.M for me .The Dron are a good side as Saltash found out to their peril last season and all remaining teams in the competition won't fancy playing them.

Far from being embarrassed the F troop applauded the Dron at the final whistle .Good luck to them in the next round ,they will fear no one .

20 minutes ago, Themanhimself said:

2 absolute sceamers for wendron that any team would be buzzing to score! Young Lucas Potts and theolders grandson Reece Carol with the goals for Wendron. Cracking game mind for the neutral with end to end stuff for both sides. Congratulations Wendron 

Older will be up there looking down and smiling tonight .

• Dave Deacon changed the title to CORNWALL SENIOR CUP RESULTS - Wednesday 9 November 2022

Listen out for post-match reaction from the Falmouth manager Andy Westgarth and the Wendron goalkeeper Ethan Fearn coming up on this week's Rappo & Deacs Friday Fix podcast.

As usual you can listen in on your preferred podcast platform (ie Spotify, Amazon, Apple)  by searching for 'CORNISH SOCCER talking football!' or via this link anchor.fm/cornishsoccer  

I know nothing to do with the game tonight at Falmouth, but I must just say well done to the Falmouth F-Troop for the amount of provisions dropped off at the club today to go to the local food bank. Tremendous gesture and good luck to those travelling away to the Vase game this coming Saturday. 

10 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Watched a very good game at Mt Wise between Newquay and Liskeard shouldnt of gone up really afer being down Hospital all afternoon and being in bloody agony .

What  a brilliant team Liskeard the football they play is great to watch so many talented players there , Liskeard went 1-0 up from prolific scorer James Lorenz ,Liskeard continued to dominate and Harry in the Newquay goal was pulling off save after save and brilliant defending at times it was like the film ZULU and Newquay hanging on in there .1-0 HT 

2ND Half NEWQUAY came more into the game and Luke Gwillian had to pull off a couple of really good saves ,Liskeard nearly scored straight from a corner but the alert Harry Ashton tipped the ball over the bar . Newquay where attacking more and i thought they would get a equaliser but just as it looked like that a passback played to short was inercerpted by the brilliant Dan Jennings just took at around Harry an drolled the ball in 2-0 .

Liskeard where still playing the long cross field ball to James Lorenz and him and James Rowe where putting in cross after cross and Harrys handling was superb . 

With time running out Newquay where awarded a pen an di think it was Alex Cole who took it and scored FT SCORE 2-1 to Liskeard 

Mom for NEWQUAY HARRY ASHTON AND FOR LISKEARD COULD OF BEEN ANYONE BUT IM GOING FOR JAMES ROWE 

The Ref and his assistants where excellent and controlled the game really well . 

I would like to say it was really nice of Martin Hodge and Jon Colenzo to come over and have a chat and see Smokie , it was really nice of them after i had a shite time down the Hospital and was in agony the whole match and was glad to get home . 

Well played Newquay sorry i said you would loose 6-0 but i was told Goalie Harry Ashton had joined Mousehole and Noah Teagle had also left but both played tonight and all played well . Liskeard will surely win the league on performances like this there football is a joy to watch and i will be at Sticker Saturday week to watch them play again 

Was good to see you and Smokie too Steve, and we all managed to stay dry, i said i was going to grab a cup of tea and ended up with one of the famous Newquay sausage rolls.

We weren’t at our best tonight but got the job done and into the next round. We over used the long diagonal pass and didnt get the ball down and try to penetrate Newquays solid defence who were very capable of dealing with long balls and the keeper again was faultless with his handling. But having said that we scored 2 good goals from James and DJ and were in the draw for the next round so happy with that. The benefit of a midweek competition means i can hopefully follow the Blues through the rounds.

Echo Dave’s comments, great work from the F-Troop in the donations towards the food banks. 
Perhaps a little quieter last night but they still create a great atmosphere. 
We rode our luck at times and an inspired performance from our goalkeeper; created some of our own very good chances and two great goals from Lucas Potts and Reece Carroll; both meant a lot on personal levels too, especially Reece in what was already mentioned before. 
Thanks to Falmouth, top hosts and best of luck for the season. 

Really well officiated by the referee and his assistants too. 

14 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Agree with your report and well done to you after being in hospital hope your ok! Dont no how NQY have got ashton still he man of match almost every game I go to. With most keepers in league last night instead could be embarrassing score last night. Hope he doesn go mousehole like your report but cant blame him.

thought NQY no.7 was best player dont no were he come from but good replacement for fallens CB also looked ok. NQY staff behind the bar told me there was reserve nqy players playing because of illness and holidays so 1-2 not bad. Liskeard are best team in league think nqy held their own and will still be good this season. liskeard front players good to watch, thought the game was good for cornish football can’t complain £6 to watch two teams giving effort. 

Cant let anymore players go now nqy and should look to bring in couple more. but big thanks to all at mnt wise. Tough time losing players and chairman but the club still nice place to visit. 

Was talking to Harry Ashton he said he will never leave Newquay he loves it there ,hes got to be 1 of the best goalies in Cornwall if it wasnt for him last night Liskeard would of got double figures 

Thankyou for saying well done about Hospital but it does get me down going 3 there 3 times a week but got to keep smiling .

I have head on the Grapevine Newquay are going to be making a big signing from Mousehole in the next week or 2 i think i know who it could be but its  a choice of 1 or the other .

DSCN4727.JPG

7 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

The front players Dan Jennings and James Lorenz grab the headlines, but it should be pointed out that Liskeard have only conceded 9 in their 13 league games. Dylan Peel is a big part of this in central defence and a key player.

I would agree with that Ian, a good 40 minute onslaught on the Liskeard back line at Wadebridge but they stood very strong and pinched a goal before half time. Great stat, 9 conceded in 13 👏

47 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

The front players Dan Jennings and James Lorenz grab the headlines, but it should be pointed out that Liskeard have only conceded 9 in their 13 league games. Dylan Peel is a big part of this in central defence and a key player.

liskeards back 4 are very solid across the line, 9 goals conceded in 13 league games is very impressive!  

3 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Also I’d quite possibly say the midfield is the strongest in the league. With Thorpe. Gilbert doing the donkey work then woods or the young lad Jeffery in the hole 

any of the midfielders in my opinion would get in any other team in the league 

45 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

So here is a Question. 
If you had to pick a team of 11  out of  liskeard and st blazey players . Who getting in it. ?  

Tinsley

giles

cloke are the only ones getting near the liskeard team. That’s assuming river Allen has signed for tivvy if not he defo gets in any team from this level to southern premier possibly 

3 hours ago, JonColenzo said:

Thanks Rob, politer way of saying Dyl’s built like a brick s**t house as opposed to being 8 stone wet through 😂

Exactly, Jon 🤣

2 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Rob is at least 8.5 stone I'd say 😁

9 stone, mate. Saying that though, I remember one match years ago in the SWPL against Foxhole, and I was on the end of a horror 2 footer, on my standing leg. I'd never been so glad that I'd been gyming it & was convinced I'd have broken my leg, if I hadn't strengthened everything.

20 minutes ago, Rob Hosking said:

9 stone, mate. Saying that though, I remember one match years ago in the SWPL against Foxhole, and I was on the end of a horror 2 footer, on my standing leg. I'd never been so glad that I'd been gyming it & was convinced I'd have broken my leg, if I hadn't strengthened everything.

I doubt there's many that put the time in the gym that you do Rob.

Liskeard have not 1 weakness in there team not 1 Blazey player would get in there team they are mostly getting on in age anyway Max Gilbert gave a master class in his range of passing on Wednesday night vs Newquay this Liskeard team have had the same players for a few years now thats why they are so good they play as a team no Prima Donas in there team 

On 09/11/2022 at 21:54, 100%cornish said:

Great report 100% I’ve found myself watching most Liskeard  games of late and the quality of football is breathtakingly good. As you’ve said - a joy to watch and much appreciated from a fan of the opposition. It looked a tricky tie on paper, so pleased the Blues got through.

A very tough game ahead at Bude tomorrow, but a must win game after Blazey’s win there!

10 hours ago, Buggzy said:

liskeards back 4 are very solid across the line, 9 goals conceded in 13 league games is very impressive!  

Think it’s worthy of pointing out as well as a solid back 4, their goalkeeper Luke Gwillam who is an established GK in these leagues even only at 21/22 I believe he is. Him and Rob Rosevaar at Wadebridge as the 2 best around for me. As @100%cornish mentioned Liskeard are strong all over the park, and in every position seem to have no weakness, a joy to watch, even more so when in full flow!