Cornwall Football Forum

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP RESULTS - Tuesday 8 November 2022

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP

SECOND ROUND

Bodmin Town                   0-4     Wadebridge Town

Helston Athletic               4-0     St Blazey

Millbrook                          2-1     Launceston

Mullion                              1-2     Godolphin Atlantic Newquay (At Porthleven)

Penzance                           5-1     St Dennis

Saltash United                  5-3     Mousehole

47 minutes ago, silly billy said:

0-0 at Bodmin, but Bodmin should be a couple of goals up. Wadebridge despite the recent "big" signings being made to look very poor. First time watching Bodmin with Dane in charge and what a improvement after the past 4+ years. 

Sounds like a much different 2nd half. No doubt Dane will turn it around over the rest of the season.

22 minutes ago, L.Gibbons said:

Sounds like a much different 2nd half. No doubt Dane will turn it around over the rest of the season.

Yes it was a lot different, Bodmin having a player sent off didn't help. Despite the score Bodmin were impressive all things considered. Nice to see some local youth watching aswel, presumably cheering their mates on who were playing. Hopefully Dane stays for sometime 🤞

• Dave Deacon changed the title to CORNWALL SENIOR CUP RESULTS - Tuesday 8 November 2022
16 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Well done Godolphin after all their troubles this week! Great to see them sign a few players and win tonight!! Must admit I was fearing the worst. Congrats 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Total respect to Godophin, what a way to bounce back. I hope they can continue to steady the ship, and finish the season like St Dennis did last season.

22 minutes ago, cornish leg end said:

Ben done a cracking job getting a side together tonight and pulling off a great win. Hopefully a sign of good things to come 

I’d love to of taken full credit for tonight but it’s all been down to our Goalkeeper Adam Robathan who has decided to take the side forward and in the past week or so has brought in 5 or 6 new signings that will strengthen us and give us the bodies we desperately needed. As I’m out injured for a few weeks I stepped into the dug out for the first time tonight and did my bit to help us get the win but like I say, full credit to Adam for what he’s done this week. The lads were a lot better tonight, got the early goal and then had to really dig deep to see the game out against a good side in Mullion. Chuffed to bits with the result and that’s hopefully, fingers crossed a turning point in our season!

Helston deservedly go through without too much of a problem tonight.

Two goals, both from Rikki Shepherd, just past the midway point in the first half confirmed their hold on the game and with Tom Payne heading in for a third for the home side just before half-time it was hard to see any cup shock happening here.

St Blazey did play better in the second half, against the wind, but without really looking as if they were going to get back into the game and a fourth, from Tyler Elliott, right at the very end of the match just rubbed it in really!

8 hours ago, Hat Trick said:

I’d love to of taken full credit for tonight but it’s all been down to our Goalkeeper Adam Robathan who has decided to take the side forward and in the past week or so has brought in 5 or 6 new signings that will strengthen us and give us the bodies we desperately needed. As I’m out injured for a few weeks I stepped into the dug out for the first time tonight and did my bit to help us get the win but like I say, full credit to Adam for what he’s done this week. The lads were a lot better tonight, got the early goal and then had to really dig deep to see the game out against a good side in Mullion. Chuffed to bits with the result and that’s hopefully, fingers crossed a turning point in our season!

Yeah huge congrats Adam and Ben, in a season where money seems to be doing the talking and very few loyalties it would have been easy to walk away and see another team fold but just goes to show what a bit of pride and passion can do, and what a turn around from Saturday 👏 👏 

Well done Adam and Ben great result i think thats the double done over Mullion now .

I had just got back from my morning swim on the beach i know im bloody mad ,i put on the results and saw Mullion 1 - Godolphin 2 and i thought that cant be right but looked on here and it was  just great team management now onto Sticker this Saturday when i expect to see Ben Suited and Booted and wearing a Poppy Adams ok he can wear what he likes hes to big to argue with . 

Well done lads onwards and upwards 

2 hours ago, JonColenzo said:

Yeah huge congrats Adam and Ben, in a season where money seems to be doing the talking and very few loyalties it would have been easy to walk away and see another team fold but just goes to show what a bit of pride and passion can do, and what a turn around from Saturday 👏 👏 

Cheers mate! That’s spot on. I’ve never been paid to play for the G, I’ve always said that I play for the love of the game and not for money. Muff and Tan get me a pint in after the game and I’m happy with that! I said I’d rather my wage go to a younger lad or a new signing and that’s always the way it’s been with me! We’re not blessed like some of the other bigger clubs in the league and maybe on a tighter budget so if I can do my bit to keep us afloat then I’m happy with that. We’ve had a rough time recently and Adam, the senior players and even the younger lads are all chipping in together to do their bit to keep us all together and get us back on track. It’s actually developing a good team spirit in the squad despite the recent bad run of results. Hopefully the result last night will now see us kick on into Saturdays game full of confidence and then push on from there!

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Well done Adam and Ben great result i think thats the double done over Mullion now .

I had just got back from my morning swim on the beach i know im bloody mad ,i put on the results and saw Mullion 1 - Godolphin 2 and i thought that cant be right but looked on here and it was  just great team management now onto Sticker this Saturday when i expect to see Ben Suited and Booted and wearing a Poppy Adams ok he can wear what he likes hes to big to argue with . 

Well done lads onwards and upwards 

After the story about referees elsewhere on the forum, this is a great bit of news and shows that there are a lot good people on the Cornish football scene. Was really worried that the G could go under and not see the season out.

On the subject of swimming off the Cornish beach, is it true that the sea is actually pretty warm (or not freezing cold anyway) in October and November? You're a stronger man than me, a nice steady 27 degree water temperature in the leisure centre is more to my liking!

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Looks like Millbrook narrowly got past Launceston last night. Another respectable result for Neil Price's side, who look like they are improving and not far away from being competitive. They may have lost 5 games from the last 6 games, but all the defeats have been by the odd goal.

was at the game and was surprised when my mate said Launceston were bottom of the league they worked hard and got several good players , Ok Millbrook missed a lot of  chances , But at 1-1 Launceston missed couple chances  to go ahead, They never give up and in the conditions it was a great game to watch all best for rest of the season.

16 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Well done Godolphin after all their troubles this week! Great to see them sign a few players and win tonight!! Must admit I was fearing the worst. Congrats 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

After witnessing Saturday’s pummelling at Liskeard I was worried for the G. Great to see this response. Well done the G!

18 hours ago, silly billy said:

Yes it was a lot different, Bodmin having a player sent off didn't help. Despite the score Bodmin were impressive all things considered. Nice to see some local youth watching aswel, presumably cheering their mates on who were playing. Hopefully Dane stays for sometime 🤞

Where Leeds United and Big Al watching too ?

8 hours ago, Hat Trick said:

Cheers mate! That’s spot on. I’ve never been paid to play for the G, I’ve always said that I play for the love of the game and not for money. Muff and Tan get me a pint in after the game and I’m happy with that! I said I’d rather my wage go to a younger lad or a new signing and that’s always the way it’s been with me! We’re not blessed like some of the other bigger clubs in the league and maybe on a tighter budget so if I can do my bit to keep us afloat then I’m happy with that. We’ve had a rough time recently and Adam, the senior players and even the younger lads are all chipping in together to do their bit to keep us all together and get us back on track. It’s actually developing a good team spirit in the squad despite the recent bad run of results. Hopefully the result last night will now see us kick on into Saturdays game full of confidence and then push on from there!

This is great to hear and credit to you and the squad for this mindset!! I will do my bit on Friday morning and give you all a pitch that you guys will be proud of on Saturday 👌

9 hours ago, mockey jackson said:

Mousehole losing to rivals saltash in cup, behind them in the league. Has there been any progress for Jake ash’s men from previous seasons??

To be fair game of two half’s. Saltash blistering first half and went in 4-1 up at half time. Second half wave after wave against Ashes from Mousehole but they just couldn’t get through. Ashes broke clear scored a 5th. Mousehole did then get 2 in last 10 mins but not enough. 

Classic cup tie in reality. Mousehole were strong as always but they wanted to win after drawing Saturday- but Ashes defence to man held them back - it was relentless in 2nd half!  

On 09/11/2022 at 11:00, Hat Trick said:

The above is why lots of us are rooting for the G to stabilise things. Saw the game last Saturday and was worried for your future - what a difference a few days makes. Good luck HT and the G