Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Grounds Maintenance Forum Forum in memory of “TheOlderIGetTheBetterIWas” aka Dave Baker

• 5 months later...

I was lucky to meet him on one of my trips down to the South West , I'm glad I  made the effort to see him  . I could have spent hours chatting to him , also I learnt a lot from his posts on rain water and it's effects ,  good and bad , on growing crops . I must admit I miss his posts and comments on various other subjects .

• 1 month later...
On 10/05/2023 at 08:36, Keith B said:

Yes, I too miss his comments on the forum and his wit. Bless him.

I miss him to met him a few times at Penryn a proper football man   , the standing joke of when he cooked the after match food his fag Ash was all over it hence he served fag Ash and chips 😀, good sense of humour,  but very knowledgeable and Penryn lost a star when he passed , never minced his words but his thoughts on local football were spot on , we spoke of lack of volunteers,  players apathy , youth football,  lack of supporters watching games , players not having a few drinks after a game , ect ect , great conversations , always looked out for him when I went to Penryn , weight were the only 2 silly sods watching Penryn v Hayle at Hayle on the 3g when the heavens opened and several left at half time , we were drowned rats . This page is a great tribute and many know older a lot better than me , but he left a hole in Cornish football when he passed . RIP