WEST

Camelford                         2-1     Launceston

Dobwalls                           0-1     Wadebridge Town

Liskeard Athletic              13-0   Godolphin Atlantic Newquay

Mullion                              2-4     Bude Town

Newquay                           P-P     AFC St Austell

St Blazey                            2-0     Callington Town

St Dennis                           0-4     Bodmin Town

What the hell happened to the G today losing 13-0 to Liskeard something must of gone wrong for them to let that many goals in i reckon the G MUST OF STRUGGLED to get a team i know Liskeard are good but surely not that good .

That has got to be the highest score in Peninsula history , Tania must of been in goal or something i honestly can see the G folding before long it will break my heart if it does happen because they are such good people there but that is a embarassing scoreline .

Be interesting to see what reports there is about the match i cant see Adam Rowbathan letting in 13 goals must of been someone else in goal .

Lets hope the G have sorted out this mess before they play Sticker next Saturday .

I pedict Liskeard will not get 13 vs Newquay on Wednesday night not a bad goal difference to have for Liskeard 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 5 November 2022
1 hour ago, Harold25 said:

The standard is awful in the swpl apart from the top few teams . 

Compared to what? The level you played? 🤔.50 years ago?  30 years ago?  Seen at least half a dozen teams this season that try and play some very nice possession football. Might not win the Premier league with it but would say “awful” is a bit disrespectful to some of the talented players in the league? 

Have to feel for St Dennis but take nothing away from Bodmin. Compared to the team that I saw get tuRned over at Mt Wise miles a part. If Dane was there from the start this season I think we would see Bodmin at least top 6. Keep going St Dennis, I don’t think there was a 4-0 gap between two teams. Each goal that went in saw their confidence get shot think if st Dennis get a few wins we’d see different performances. No one likes seeing a team low on confidence. 

G result disappointing going to be one team left in town at this rate. Really feel for Tania these players are letting her down!!! Think the 2 or 3 G players that are good should go to Mints or visa versa so we can have one team pushin for top 4 doubt it tho or maybe few of the G join St Dennis. The bottom sides need to be more competitive 13-0 makes the league look awful. 

Hope the G can appoint a manager asap and regroup even it takes the rest of the season to bring some quality players in. Pretty sure there’s no relegation with the new league restructuring at the end of the season so the pressure could be off for someone to come in. Lot of teams around this way and very hard to attract players but the couple times I’ve seen St.Dennis this season I thought they looked at least competitive. They’ve lost Jaffa, their main source of goals to big spending Wadebridge and he could have easily scored 4 or 5 today at Dobwalls, luckily 1 was enough. Dobwalls could have been there all night and not even looked like scoring. Seems to be a bit of a gap between the haves and have nots looking at tonight’s league table? Hope the teams piling in money don’t run away with the top four spots, although you have to say what a blueprint they have at Wendron who have seemed to have bucked the trend. 

2 hours ago, cornish leg end said:

Bude band wagon will be on here tonight raving about this win! 😂

You’re a bit obsessed with bude aren’t you fella! Let them be! I got a soft spot for them and they are defying the odds! So they should be raving as everyone had them bottom 6 atleast at the start of the season and they’re mixing it up the top. Not to mention they came from 2 down today! Cornish leg end id say more like Cornish 🔔 end 

3 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

What the hell happened to the G today losing 13-0 to Liskeard something must of gone wrong for them to let that many goals in i reckon the G MUST OF STRUGGLED to get a team i know Liskeard are good but surely not that good .

That has got to be the highest score in Peninsula history , Tania must of been in goal or something i honestly can see the G folding before long it will break my heart if it does happen because they are such good people there but that is a embarassing scoreline .

Be interesting to see what reports there is about the match i cant see Adam Rowbathan letting in 13 goals must of been someone else in goal .

Lets hope the G have sorted out this mess before they play Sticker next Saturday .

I pedict Liskeard will not get 13 vs Newquay on Wednesday night not a bad goal difference to have for Liskeard 

Oh give it a rest Steve. G are finished, I think has been brewing for a while now… maybe go to the other side of the water now in newquay!!

2 hours ago, J dubz said:

You’re a bit obsessed with bude aren’t you fella! Let them be! I got a soft spot for them and they are defying the odds! So they should be raving as everyone had them bottom 6 atleast at the start of the season and they’re mixing it up the top. Not to mention they came from 2 down today! Cornish leg end id say more like Cornish 🔔 end 

I have no interest in bude at all or mullion. I was dangling the bait for all the budes players that come on and moan all the time when something don’t go there way with a ref! The only soft spot for them you have is in the pants buddy. They are mixing it up in a very poor league other than 5/6 teams including bude I’d add the rest are average at best. 

1 hour ago, Cornishtribute said:

Oh give it a rest Steve. G are finished, I think has been brewing for a while now… maybe go to the other side of the water now in newquay!!

Got to agree I think unfortunately the g fell to pieces when the older management retired and sadly passed away. The experience they had retired and other lads moved on. Never easy to attract 3/4 quality players each season even harder when you need a whole squad every preseason. I do hope they can keep the club going like st Dennis did last year and the reform coming next year benefits these clubs that are playing in a league above there standard 

The good people of the G will not let the G just roll over and die my preferance is with the G because when i had my Cancer they where there for me and where just genuine nice people i dont get that feeling at Newquay even though i have been watching them for over 60 years and my grandad was with them from the very beginning and my dad did a lot of work at the ground in the 70s and 80S .

i just think Newquay think they are a lot better than the G maybe they are, they  have everything about the club is 1st class lovely ground lovely clubhouse ,but at the G the players talk to you at Newquay theres only 1 that talks and that the brilliant nice fellow and great Goalie Harry Ashton who i have heard has also left the club .

I Do hope the G does not fold need a rich sugar daddy to invest in the club and rbuild but lets get a manager in 1st god knows who that would be maybe ask the St Columb Manager and bring there players as well they play like they are enjoying themselves and play as a team . 

Ok onto Wednesday up the hill to watch Newquay vs Liskeard dont think it will be 13-0 but i will go for 6-0 

39 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

The good people of the G will not let the G just roll over and die my preferance is with the G because when i had my Cancer they where there for me and where just genuine nice people i dont get that feeling at Newquay even though i have been watching them for over 60 years and my grandad was with them from the very beginning and my dad did a lot of work at the ground in the 70s and 80S .

i just think Newquay think they are a lot better than the G maybe they are, they  have everything about the club is 1st class lovely ground lovely clubhouse ,but at the G the players talk to you at Newquay theres only 1 that talks and that the brilliant nice fellow and great Goalie Harry Ashton who i have heard has also left the club .

I Do hope the G does not fold need a rich sugar daddy to invest in the club and rbuild but lets get a manager in 1st god knows who that would be maybe ask the St Columb Manager and bring there players as well they play like they are enjoying themselves and play as a team . 

Ok onto Wednesday up the hill to watch Newquay vs Liskeard dont think it will be 13-0 but i will go for 6-0 

So your saying maybe the st columb manager  and to bring his players over then another local club will struggle to put a side out? Not that it would happen Casey is a st columb lad through and through and I don’t think they would be where they are if he never took over and got them going again. They went through tough times all local lads playing together. 

100% I can't agree with you more its time Newquay and Godolphin merged and have one team representing the town , we can then maybe

put out a  team  to rival the top teams .

Can't agree with your comments regarding Newquay players not speaking they all have a chat in the clubhouse with supporters.

Lets see what the next few weeks bring.

Back from sunny Australia next week so catch up then.

How about,,,,   Well done Liskeard,,,  they're playing some of the best football I've seen for many seasons and it's all down to keeping a good local squad happy, a determined committee and lots of positive support.

The G are struggling but  will bounce back I'm sure, Tanya and the team are equally positive and hard working but football has a method of sharing the spoils a bit,,, what goes around comes around.

Be nice, stay positive, make friends.

MQx

Liskeard Ath 13 Godolphin 0

Scored 13, two disallowed, at least half a dozen wonder saves and a similar number of last ditch blocks. The Blues could have had 20 goals! Bear in mind too, that being 9-0 in front at HT, Liskeard reverted to walking pace / training ground tempo for the second half. Great for Liskeard, but disastrous for the G and the league’s credibility. 

Instead of feeling excited by a brilliant home performance I left feeling sad at what the league has become. There was no-one on the G bench. No subs, physio, management  staff and, as far asI could tell no fans at the game. My instinctive thought was this club is going under.  A depressing conclusion to proceedings.

Liskeard are such a joy to watch. Great pass and move football. Even on poorer days they’ve always got goals in this team. Sure, Blazey and Wendron are good sides, but at their best the *style of play* from the Blues is beyond compare. DJ and Lorenz get the headlines, but what a player James Rowe is. What a front three!  Add in the likes of Peel, Gilbert, Thorp et al and you’ve quality throughout the team. They are THAT good. 

The battle at the top will hopefully redeem the overall lack of SWPL quality. An exciting title race ahead.

2 hours ago, Martin McHugh said:

How about,,,,   Well done Liskeard,,,  they're playing some of the best football I've seen for many seasons and it's all down to keeping a good local squad happy, a determined committee and lots of positive support.

The G are struggling but  will bounce back I'm sure, Tanya and the team are equally positive and hard working but football has a method of sharing the spoils a bit,,, what goes around comes around.

Be nice, stay positive, make friends.

MQx

Sounds like a good philosophy for football (and life).

Wasn't that long ago (within the last 10 years) that Liskeard were on the wrong end of a similar hammering at Parkway. After the club hit rock bottom that season, it's been a long and hard road back.

Couple of years previously, can also remember a pretty dire Blazey side take a beating from a Glyn Hobbs and Shane Krac inspired Parkway at Blaise Park. They've similarly made their way back.

Difference possibly between these clubs and Godolphin, is that they are in one club towns and with a lot of acquired history.

52 minutes ago, Buckland Jim said:

No, the highest was several years ago, think it was 23-0 (Stoke Gabriel v Liverton) 

Highest ever SWPL win indeed the one mentioned in Sept 2013.

Liskeard in fact also has West Division Step 7 record with their 20-1 home win over Ludgvan in January 2019

Only answer has to be the 2 teams Newquay and Godolphin got to merge and play all the games be played at Mt Wise both teams will benefit then be bigger crowds ,but Newquay have good crowds anyway but the G cant go on with the crowd figures they get last match i counted 25 people while at Newquay its at least 100 every match . 

So come on the G bite the bullet and both teams join as 1 and there will be a pretty good team then to put out each week then the 3 Newquay Ex PENRYN boys ,Boase .LEIVERS AND SHAW PLus MATT SAUNDERS ,dont really know much about who else Matty Walker , and not a lot of strikers to choose from JACK RAPSEY lOTS OF GAPS to fill .but it would be good for next season to have a strong team to put out and Newquay ground is  a stone throw away from where i live so will be very handy 

7 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Liskeard Ath 13 Godolphin 0

Scored 13, two disallowed, at least half a dozen wonder saves and a similar number of last ditch blocks. The Blues could have had 20 goals! Bear in mind too, that being 9-0 in front at HT, Liskeard reverted to walking pace / training ground tempo for the second half. Great for Liskeard, but disastrous for the G and the league’s credibility. 

Instead of feeling excited by a brilliant home performance I left feeling sad at what the league has become. There was no-one on the G bench. No subs, physio, management  staff and, as far asI could tell no fans at the game. My instinctive thought was this club is going under.  A depressing conclusion to proceedings.

Liskeard are such a joy to watch. Great pass and move football. Even on poorer days they’ve always got goals in this team. Sure, Blazey and Wendron are good sides, but at their best the *style of play* from the Blues is beyond compare. DJ and Lorenz get the headlines, but what a player James Rowe is. What a front three!  Add in the likes of Peel, Gilbert, Thorp et al and you’ve quality throughout the team. They are THAT good. 

The battle at the top will hopefully redeem the overall lack of SWPL quality. An exciting title race ahead.

A very fair account of the game and as happy as we are to add another 3 points, you have to give credit to Keeper Adam Robathan and his team for trying to play football the right way all afternoon. They could have easily not travelled but Adam has taken it on the chin to try and keep the team going, they arrived with no manager, no subs, no physio but plenty of heart. I think if Adam hadn’t made 5 or 6 class saves the score line could have been far worse. We all wish you the very best of luck for the remainder of the season, keep battling gents, a real credit to Godolphin FC 👏🏻👏🏻😳

11 hours ago, Buckland Jim said:

No, the highest was several years ago, think it was 23-0 (Stoke Gabriel v Liverton) 

Highest ever SWPL win indeed the one mentioned in Sept 2013.

Liskeard in fact also has West Division Step 7 record with their 20-1 home win over Ludgvan in January 2019

11 hours ago, John Mead said:

Can't see how there could be a mid-season merger. One side would have to withdraw from the League - you can't have two teams from one Club!

Maybe the most sensible idea would to merge and use godolphin as the reserve team. That way you can run 2 teams and players still get game time. Or your just going to lose another team the way penryn went. 

12 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Maybe the most sensible idea would to merge and use godolphin as the reserve team. That way you can run 2 teams and players still get game time. Or your just going to lose another team the way penryn went. 

Would seem like the best way forward, but, whenever did local football run on "sensible ideas?" Newquay and Godolphin merger would seem logical, but years of rivalries and history would make it a non starter. 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

And what happens to the current Newquay Reserves players?

In a normal season - if we eventually have one - promotion & relegation takes care of situations where a club is too good, or not good enough for the league they are currently in. That's how it should work but clubs withdrawing changes that process. My advice to Godophin would be to endeavour to finish the season - which I'm sure is their aim - but it's easier said than done!

The merger would be for next season if there ever was one , and also John the reserves could play the weekends when the new team didnt have a game things could work out but i cannot see any way forward and its best for both teams .

Both teams need to put there heads together and stop bickering 1 good team is better than no team at all and with the players both teams have got a good team could be formed .

I see that Newquay Cairman Barrie Yelland has left the club such a  shame always speaks when he sees me watching Newquay