Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Saturday 5th November 2022

Results

Saturday 5th November 2022

Goonhavern Athletic 0-8 Helston Athletic Thirds (Ashley Stidwell 6, Joshua Padgeth 2) 

Att-10

Hayle Reserves p-p St Just

Mawnan (Callum Thompson, Adam Keenan) 2-2 St Day Reserves (Rob Wearne, Ben West)

Att-14

Pendeen Rovers 0-0 St Ives Town

Att-40

Rosudgeon p-p RNAS Culdrose

St Agnes Reserves p-p Porthleven Reserves

Wendron United Thirds (Zach Alexander 2, Jack Price, Tom Collins) 4-2 Praze (???) 

Att-20

43 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

Hayle still struggling?

Definitely, great shame, lots being done trying to get a side together, but as all fans and volunteers know it's getting harder to put sides out, even for a club with the facilities at their disposal, only club in Cornwall with their own 3 g, good luck, but unfortunately not looking good, p.s this is my own opinion as a supporter. 

7 hours ago, stevieb said:

Definitely, great shame, lots being done trying to get a side together, but as all fans and volunteers know it's getting harder to put sides out, even for a club with the facilities at their disposal, only club in Cornwall with their own 3 g, good luck, but unfortunately not looking good, p.s this is my own opinion as a supporter. 

Why are they struggling I dont understand not just because of the facilities but also location just off A30. Could they not just merge with another local team offer their facilities to another club to go in and save them there must be another club struggling in the area

Ive never understood why more games don't get postponed in this weather because all clubs playing on the grounds today will surely write their pitches off for a few weeks and maybe even the winter just by playing one game in these conditions even those pitches with great drainage will suffer surely 

• cornishteddyboy changed the title to LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Saturday 5th November 2022

Wendron 4-2 Praze

The home side fully deserved their win today, we went into the game with just a squad 13, 4 of which were carrying knocks. Without 2 out of 3 starting centre backs, starting goalkeeper and top goalscorer, it was always gunna be a tough ask today for the boys. 

It wasn’t the greatest of performances but credit to wendron they never let us settle. Their first team centre midfielder showed his class and dominated everything from start to finish.

First loss of the season and first loss since July in pre season, so we can’t be too hard on ourselves.

Nanpean away in the cup next week, huge game!

🔰

15 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

Why are they struggling I dont understand not just because of the facilities but also location just off A30. Could they not just merge with another local team offer their facilities to another club to go in and save them there must be another club struggling in the area

Still have a team in St.Pirans , combo side is the reserves  ,  some injuries and a couple on sabbatical,  after the conversation I had today . Nothing much else to add , so I cant see where or what club would want to merge . And the facilities do get hired out . Still several youth sides , but obviously will be a few years before they can play adult football  .

15 hours ago, Mr Justice said:

Best for all if the club pulls out the league and regroups next year. It’s becoming embarrassing now!  

What's embarrassing  ? The league trying to help a club stay in the league , or the club trying to get available players together,  its not an ideal situation but do you want / be happy for another team to pull out , knowing the people on the committee I dont think they wanted to be in this situation,  fingers crossed it can be sorted , and plenty of time to finish the season . 

9 hours ago, John Mead said:

It's  far from an ideal situation for the Club or the League but the League has a duty to do all that they can to ensure that the team survives. It's  a "last chance saloon" situation; let's hope they make it!

John, the league were quick to hand out big fines in the past to clubs who didn’t fulfill fixtures so why should Hayle be treated any differently? 

9 minutes ago, Mr Justice said:

John, the league were quick to hand out big fines in the past to clubs who didn’t fulfill fixtures so why should Hayle be treated any differently? 

I think the thought has changed over the past couple of seasons to trying to save a team rather than killing it by punishing too quickly.

1 hour ago, Mr Justice said:

Each case is treated fairly and dependent upon the individual Club's circumstances. If a club requests a break from fixtures because they desperately want to continue in the League, it would be very harsh not to grant the request and leave them with no option other than to pull out. On the other hand, not fulfilling a fixture because half the team are away for a stag weekend, would lead to a different outcome.

Sets a precedent for the league, can’t do it for one team and not another, leagues finished as we know it next season anyway, League are making a potential headache for themselves (no suprise), i feel for the other teams that it disrupts etc, if they can’t fulfil the fixture they lose the points. 

2 hours ago, roger moore said:

Looking at the combo table, praze seem to have been given an extra 6 points in relation to the games they have played, just wondered why this was??

I believe The points are correct as they were awarded points from 2 unfulfilled fixtures. However the league haven’t updated the games played.. should be 12 played, 8 wins. 

Weren't Hayle understandably given a 3 (maybe 4?) week period to get themselves sorted, with their first fixture after this period on 5th Nov? St Just received word that Hayle couldn't raise a side at 5pm on Friday 4th, so I can only assume St Just are getting the points for this? As previously mentioned in the thread, Rosudgeon and St Agnes have cancelled games and subsequently been fined and the opposition receiving the points. Hayle had the same fate earlier in the season, with their opponents receiving the points for this fixture.

While I don't want to see Hayle penalised and quite honestly with one of the best set ups in the league I really hope they can sort things out, but surely there needs to be some consistency in these decisions/penalties? Is it fair the teams I've mentioned above got points deducted and fined?