Cornwall Football Forum

NQY Transfers

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Must be paying some money at Wadebridge Lowry gone Wadebridge he wont get a game there they got enough strikers there already ,i thought Phil Lowry may of been the new G manager go for Sean Middleton hes experianced enough lives on the doorstep 

He'll be playing Saturday 

Have just heard Wadebridge have signed yet another striker from a team that is stuggling i heard hes a bit of a Jaffa but you do here these rumours ,i do hope Ross hasnt left Newquay they where doing really well such a shame if its true . News coming in Mark Rappo Rapsey decides to make a comeback and joins Wadebridge where he will be paid £500 a match ok made that up So the 28 day waived rule is being used how come Sheppherd and Fallens both played for Truro Reserves a few weeks back then for Newquay and Wadebridge a week later something needs to be done next season you got River Allen going all over the place going to whoever pays him a good price see it was at Tiverton this week St Blazey must be soft to put up with that anyway he is a hell of a player and no doubt Blazey will win the league but watch Wadebridge with all there strikers i think they are going to play Rob Rosevear in goal tmmrw and 10 strikers vs  Sticker 

Feeling like crap after another session today mate but 1 gone 2 to go but 1 is the size of a golf ball maybe you could get your iron on it Mark . Early night i think then off to the footy tmmrw at St Columb vs Liskeards Res My boots have still dried out from last Saturday so im hoping weather is better tmmrw if not its off to St Dennis to see Liskeard play there i could sit in the car there but im hopeful to go to St Columb hoping both teams have strong sides out with St Columb with Craig Allen playing and Liskeard with Raglan ,Gwillian and Bartlett all playing 

I’m not surprised with all the recent transfers, everyone is desperate to get into the top four because of the league restructuring next season, Wadebridge splashing the cash, Newquay making good signings, Bodmin bringing quality in and St Blazey pushing for Slateford to return it’s going to be a really interesting end to the season. 

Top four

1) Liskeard

2) St Blazey

3) Wadebridge 

4) Wendron

No clear favourite in my eyes but that’s what I’m going for! 

Yeah correct WOTP! As far as I know Ewan Reeves has signed for Bude and Sam Mellor has gone to St.Dennis as well at the moment. Jack had a few offers last week, well 4 that I know of actually! (he’s hard to get a text off sometimes, don’t really want to talk to his old man with his busy Uni life!!) when the news that Rower was signing 4/5 new players, he jumped at the chance of going to Newquay with quite a few of his old mates. Just one of those things really, after a decent pre season scoring 6/7 in 6 I think including a last kick of the game 30 yard worldie equaliser against Truro the actual season in front of goal hasn’t really gone for him in the Wadebridge system. Although he’s had about 11 assists, his goal return has been limited to a few headers. He’s had a lot of bad luck to be fair hitting the bar and post quite a few times and a penalty saved against Callington, you just had a feeling it wasn’t happening for him. Rower made him a really good offer in the summer and I think he felt almost bad after some games that he thought he let him down? He’s a confident lad as a rule but I’ve had to keep his spirits up a few times, although he’ll always work hard and give 100% for the team and he actually played midfield in his last game. He loves the ball into his feet and I think Kyle Flew getting injured pre season who he’s always played well with and the brilliant Chris Reski being injured a lot this season affected the way he plays and the service he’s got. I watched him play at Penzance for Newquay on Saturday and he looked a completely different player linking up with his old county youth team mate Cam Turner, Jared Sims and his old Penryn flying wing backs Jake Shaw and Bradley Leivers, and if not for 2 brilliant saves from the keeper he would have scored a couple as well! Just looked back to his old self a bit I thought which was nice to see. He really liked Rower and the lads at the Bridgers and enjoyed the social side of it but said he wasn’t enjoying it on the pitch which is what it’s all about really isn’t it? Just football opinions and decisions at the end of the day and to be fair Newquay and Wadebridge are two of my favourite old teams I played for just behind Falmouth and I’d like to see both do really well for the rest of the season, superb people at both clubs. Think Rower has made some good signings to a team that was already 4th/5th in the table anyway and have played the majority of their hard fixtures if you like? Blazey twice, Liskeard twice, Bude, Wendron, Newquay so can see the team going on a really good run with some kinder fixtures coming up and the likes of an out and out goalscorer like Jaffa banging in plenty of goals in a system maybe more suited to his more direct strengths. Hope that explains it a bit WOTP? Funny old game football ain’t it sometimes mate! 😁👍

10 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Yeah correct WOTP! As far as I know Ewan Reeve has signed for Bude and Sam Mellor has gone to St.Dennis as well at the moment. Jack had a few offers last week, well 4 that I know of actually! (he’s hard to get a text off sometimes, don’t really want to talk to his old man!!!) when the news that Rower was signing 4/5 new players, he jumped at the chance of going to Newquay with quite a few of his old mates. Just one of those things really, after a decent pre season scoring 6/7 in 6 I think including a last kick of the game 30 yard worldie equaliser against Truro the actual season in front of goal hasn’t really gone for him in the Wadebridge system. Although he’s had about 11 assists, his goal return has been limited to a few headers. He’s had a lot of bad luck to be fair hitting the bar and post quite a few times and a penalty saved against Callington, you just had a feeling it wasn’t happening for him. Rower made him a really good offer in the summer and I think he felt almost bad after some games that he thought he let him down? He’s a confident lad as a rule but I’ve had to keep his spirits up a few times, although he’ll always work hard and give 100% for the team and he actually played midfield in his last game. He loves the ball into his feet and I think Kyle Flew getting injured pre season who he’s always played well with and the brilliant Chris Reski being injured a lot this season affected the way he plays and the service he’s got. I watched him play at Penzance for Newquay on Saturday and he looked a completely different player linking up with his old county youth team mate Cam Turner, Jarod Sims and his old Penryn flying wing backs Jake Shaw and Bradley Leivers, and if not for 2 brilliant saves from the keeper he would have scored a couple as well! Just looked back to his old self a bit I thought which was nice to see. He really liked Rower and the lads at the Bridgers and enjoyed the social side of it but said he wasn’t enjoying it on the pitch which it’s what it’s all about really isn’t it? Just football opinions and decisions at the end of the day and to be fair Newquay and Wadebridge are two of my favourite old teams I played for just behind Falmouth and I’d like to see both do really well for the rest of the season. Think Rower has made some great signings to a team that was already 4th/5th in the table and have played the majority of their hard fixtures if you like? Blazey twice, Liskeard twice, Bude, Wendron, Newquay so can see the team going on a really good run with some kinder fixtures coming up and the likes of Jaffa banging in plenty of goals in a system maybe more suited to his strengths. Hope that explains it a bit WOTP? Funny old game football ain’t it 😀👍

Thanks for this.

You're not wrong Rappo, as another ex striker (albeit one with a mere 382 senior goals) once said "football is a funny game." 

With my conspiratorial head on, and in the context of those coveted top 4 places, are Wadebridge taking players from Newquay as they are starting to feel them getting a bit close for comfort in the league? They are only 6 points behind with a game in hand.

Hopefully come end of season the league table remains with Wendron on top and crowned Champions.

If the title is bought by the club paying out the most money it makes a mockery of Saturday afternoons. I'm not talking about a club forking out double to another, when it comes to 4 times then it becomes ridiculous and surely unsustainable.

Yeah what a finisher Greavsie was WOTP!!! Bit before my time but have seen the footage!! Not many better finishers ever would have said as an out and out goalscorer!!? Good point actually mate! Could it be clever management from Rower!!? 😁🤔 Think he’s signed 4 from Newquay in the last month including their captain! Got to be honest it would be really refreshing to see Wendron win it!! Think they’re a lot of peoples 2nd favourite team! I know the management there and a lot of their lads and the way they do things as a club has got to be respected, improving facilities year on year without splashing the cash on the playing side and I think the fact they’ve got 5 mens Saturday teams at all different levels of Cornish football speaks volumes for them as a club, in a time when a lot of clubs with one team are folding! Peter is unbelievable though! What non league footie is all about really! Proper legend!! Fair point from Just an opinion, think when you see teams trying to buy a place in the new league there’s usually quite a bit of animosity and dislike towards them but on the other side of the coin if a club decides they can cut their cloth accordingly and it’s within their means then the budget is up to them what they deem reasonable to secure their future level of football? Difficult one when we’ve just seen what has happened to the likes of Bitton at a step higher!! I think we all like an underdog story though don’t we! But at the same time fair play to clubs that have a bit of ambition and have gone for it as we’ve seen a few clubs down here over the seasons not taken that extra step to get promoted as a club. I’m sure everyone will have their own opinions on it but I must admit I’m enjoying seeing the likes of Falmouth, Helston, Saltash and Mousehole etc having a crack a league higher and beating teams further up the line, all good for Cornish football I think? 👍👏🏼

I cannot see that team that Newquay put out against Penzance on Saturday getting much from this Saturdays game vs St Austell , it was like a old Penryn Bos reuninon vs Penzance wouldnt be a bit surprised to see Harry Pope roll up at Mt Wise when the results start to go tits up and i think they will .

4 of outstanding players this season Harry Ashton  ,Dan Carne  Alex COLE and my player of the season Noah Teagle where have they gone Newquay lost Shpherd , and has he or has he not gone the brilliant Ross Fallens how could the management and comiittee let the team fall apart like it has and who are these top signings you got young Jack and its a pity he hadnt of signed when Newquay had all those quality players would of just what the team needed .

Cant see many goals coming from that Newquay side except from Cam TURNERS FREEKICKS but they will dry up before long soon or he will decide to jump ship and move to sunny climates like Wadebridge .

Wadebridge do have a hell of a team on paper but how do you keep all those players happy like Phil Lowry because it will be Lloyd and Jacob Rowe the front 2 if the rumour i had heard that he has moved to Wadebridge and Sam Mellor had moved to St Dennis to replace him .

I would love to Wendron win the league they get on with playing the game dont do splashing the cash and signing every player going Come on Wendron 

Wouldn’t panic yet Steve, I thought Newquay looked a really well set up and coached, good footballing team on Saturday. On another day they could have easily been 3-0 up at half time against exactly the same team that were unlucky not to get a draw at top of the league Wendron in midweek 3 days earlier. Think they made one change, Mark Vercesi coming in for Kevin Lawrence, Penzance are certainly an improving team I think that will hold their own with most. Think Anthony does the whole game with commentary on the Penzance Facebook page if you got time to have a look? Going Lapland 🎅🏼 at the weekend but hopefully catch you and Smokie at Mount Wise before I go or soon. All the best Steve 👍

It is a panic Mark i watch all Newquays home games and they have been outsanding and where pushing for a top 4 position and with the players they had they would of done it im pretty sure of that but no longer with that team they got now .

Mark Vercesi has always been quality and Penzance have improved lately but they have borrowed players from other teams didnt Helstons Josh Storey play the other week Penzance are a top side lovely people and ground and its nice to see they have turned the corner 

Mark your a bit early to be going to Lapland dont think the big man in Red will be there heard hes gone to Wadebridge , maybe you could help the elves out in the workshop and make sure they have got my presents wrapped up no dont want nothing just had enough of going to Hospital back again this Wednesday dont forget to bring your driver up Mt Wise Mark when i see you and drive thi s big bugger into touch . 

If you do see Santa dont you go sitting on his lap and if he asked have you been a good boy Mark mind you tell the truth ok enough of my stupidness see you at Mt Wise and hope JACK cant get a pot full of goals because he did struggle at the Bridge when i saw him play 

See you soon Mark take care and look after your dodgey knees i know how you feel my knee is killing me bu wont have the op as long as i have Smokie 

That’s football unfortunately Steve, almost always been the same at most levels, if a player gets his head turned with a big offer it’s difficult to keep them unless they’re extremely loyal. Cheesy still excellent mate, a massive help to all those youngsters around him. Yeah Josh played for Penzance at Sticker in midfield and scored a great goal, I watched that game. Better not sit on the big man’s knee, they’ll be in a worse state than mine if I do poor bugger!! 🎅🏼🎅🏼🎅🏼 It’s -7 out there today but there’s no snow at the moment!! Probably why we got it so cheap!! 😂 Had some lovely presents over the years but don’t think I’ve ever been a good boy mate!! 🤔😁 Yeah sometimes it just doesn’t work out at a club, Jacks still the same player that scored 29 goals and set up about 20 for Penryn a couple seasons ago, hope he loves it at Newquay and enjoys his football again. Hope you feel better soon Steve, catch up with you and Smokie soon mate 👍

Got talking to  Mousehole supporter while was where both wired up at Treliske Hospital like we where on death row got to joke about it or you would cry we had a good talk about footy and i said what a mess the Newquay team is now and he said wont be long they got 2 quality players wanting to return in Mc Conie and Price they are fed up with sitting on the bench and now Mousehole  have signed Budes brilliant player Josh Baxter hope Louis and Callum  are back in the colours of the Peppermints before long .

Nice to have someone to talk to about football matters in Cornwall had 1 bloke once whose well up in Cornish football would use to say to the nurses do you know who i am and the nurses would say no sir who are you was so funny and to see his face was a picture 

18 hours ago, Box 2 Box said:

Looks like Mousehole were a bit greedy at the start of the season and accumulated a large 1st team squad. Jared Simms and Aaron Diley now gone, I expect to see McConie and Price follow.

I was talking to a Falmouth united chap who claimed a number of their reserves also arnt’ happy. Lots of unfulfilled promises at the club.. There’s a huge amount of talent in that young team. I expect a few SWPL managers will be circling soon.

Is Jared Sims still in post as Head Of Youth at Mousehole? 

18 hours ago, Box 2 Box said:

Jared and Aaron both have played for the development team , I assume for game time and perhaps as part of the clubs development plan. Young players playing with senior ones etc. 

I guess either those lads didn’t find the development team environment enjoyable and the St Pirans league challenging ..

Or Perhaps Mousehole are tightening their belt and not paying senior players to help out in the Development side 🤷

ironic that one such player is the head of Mousehole youth and their pathway ..

again all speculation. 

Mousehole Development second in the St Pirans West, unbeaten and with games in hand. Something must be going right for them. 

22 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Providing their website is up to date - yes. HEAD OF YOUTH AT MOUSEHOLE AFC – JARED SIMS 

Have to say that, for such a progressive and well run club, their website is pretty poor and lacking in detail. No fixtures displayed for any of their various men's or women's sides (just links to Full Time), only first team results and news for the last few weeks and no player or management profiles for any of their teams. 

3 hours ago, winston said:

Yep they load up whenever possible 

What do you mean, they load up. .?..

you mean they have players who have signed on for Mousehole Football Club actually representing their reserve side when the 1st team don’t have a fixture, rather than going & playing for someone else. !!!

Thats not loading up, that’s representing the club your signed for… !

I don’t get this loading up thing when players are playing for 1 club.

I used to love going to Falmouth Town for a midweek game knowing that your probably going to find yourself up against Rappo or Phil Shapcott or Neil Phillips.

Take on the challenge, don’t whinge & run away from it…….. Too much whining about so called senior players.

1 hour ago, kevin richards said:

What do you mean, they load up. .?..

you mean they have players who have signed on for Mousehole Football Club actually representing their reserve side when the 1st team don’t have a fixture, rather than going & playing for someone else. !!!

Thats not loading up, that’s representing the club your signed for… !

I don’t get this loading up thing when players are playing for 1 club.

I used to love going to Falmouth Town for a midweek game knowing that your probably going to find yourself up against Rappo or Phil Shapcott or Neil Phillips.

Take on the challenge, don’t whinge & run away from it…….. Too much whining about so called senior players.

Yep... I think it's brilliant that a player wants to drop down and play for a lower side at his club

1 hour ago, Soccer Follower said:

They are not "ringers" if registered with a club to enable them to play.

A "ringer" is someone who is not registered with that club but plays under the name of someone who is registered.

NO.. That's called an illegal player

On 04/11/2022 at 11:12, winston said:

Yep they load up whenever possible 

Just to clarify “ load up “ the Mousehole Development side have ONLY included players from the Senior side when they ve been asked to, there has always been a sensible reason behind it ie players returning from injuries and needing specific amount of game time for fitness or players needing 90 mins as spent few games on bench for firsts. No player has dropped down this season for tactical advantage and the side that beat ST DAY Friday night had no senior players and a few regular starters injured and missing. 👍

I watched the game on Friday Night a great advert for local football both sides playing really well refereed really well 120 spectators and not a 1st team player in sight in fact we rested one of our best players as he has England representative trials today and also three out injured. out of the 15 players in the squad for Friday pretty sure only four where over twenty years old Drew and his coaching team have done a fantastic job with our young boys and long may it continue