WEST

AFC St Austell      3-0  Godolphin Atlantic Newquay

Bude Town                2-6         St Blazey

Callington Town              P-P         Mullion

Penzance                    0-0         Newquay

St Dennis                       P-P         Liskeard Athletic

Sticker          2-3          Wadebridge Town

Wendron United      5-0        Camelford

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Friday 28 October & Saturday 29 October 2022

What the hell is going on at Newquay i looked at the Newquay team they put out against Penzance and what a weak team i hope Newquay goalie Ashton hasnt gone as well something not right there 1 minute they are doing very well and heading upwards now cant see many good things happening there at least Young Jack Rapsey has returne to Mt Wise but i suppose he didnt have much choice with all the strikers Wadebridge have signed and i have heard Jacob Rowe has gone there as well now . 

Newquay will miss Ross Fallens badly dont know who i will be given Mom each week to now not many left to choose from . 

Well you got to give credit to the G for putting a team out vs St Austell even though they did loose 3-0 .

I think its about time both teams merged because its goin to be a long season for both teams 

43 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

What the hell is going on at Newquay i looked at the Newquay team they put out against Penzance and what a weak team i hope Newquay goalie Ashton hasnt gone as well something not right there 1 minute they are doing very well and heading upwards now cant see many good things happening there at least Young Jack Rapsey has returne to Mt Wise but i suppose he didnt have much choice with all the strikers Wadebridge have signed and i have heard Jacob Rowe has gone there as well now . 

Newquay will miss Ross Fallens badly dont know who i will be given Mom each week to now not many left to choose from . 

Well you got to give credit to the G for putting a team out vs St Austell even though they did loose 3-0 .

I think its about time both teams merged because its goin to be a long season for both teams 

Watched sticker Vs Bridgers today so cant comment on mints today. Altho same person that told me fallens left told me keeper ashton won’t stay if fallens and lowry leave dont no much about ashton other than he best friends with mconie and JBE but he doesn’t put ball in thenet and 0-0 Vs Penzance not good enough. 

if mints play good side without ashton they in big trouble watched them Vs liskeard and wadebridge without ashton they loose both games

20221029_165841.thumb.jpg.feab79509632a32b1a45e51d0af428f4.jpg

PENZANCE  0-0  NEWQUAY

ATT   136

MOM  : Will Trenoweth (Penzance)

Penlee Park looking a picture as always, one of the best 0-0s I’ve seen I think, Newquay dominating the 1st half but Penzance coming back into it to have a fair share of the 2nd half. The All Blues of Newquay should have taken the lead as early as the 4th minute when some great work from Jared Sims, Cam Turner and Jack Rapsey who linked up well all afternoon saw Jake Shaw knock in a great cross from the right but young Connor Whartons header from 6 yards out went just wide of the far post. Another dangerous attack this time down the left saw Bradley Leivers side foot just over after 11 minutes and ten minutes later the cultured left peg of Turner found Rapsey rising highest at the far post but his header from 8 yards went just the wrong side of the post. Magpies centre backs, the legendary Mark Vercesi and Liam Andrew who has played for Mousehole and up in Scotland this season were working overtime to contain the flow of attacks and as so often happens when a team could probably be 2 or 3 goals up they were caught on the break and a header back across goal from the right saw Silus Sullivan nod the ball in from almost on the goal line. To be fair to linesman Dave Dodson he had his flag already up way before it reached Sullivans head. Right on half time a nice one-two on the edge of the area saw Sims feed Rapsey who hit an early low drive into the bottom corner but Will Trenoweth dived full stretch to his right to get a hand to the ball for a great save.

Two minutes into the 2nd half, Trenoweth was at it again, this time somehow beating out a Leivers diving header from a Turner corner. On 59 minutes Penzance who had come more into the game had the ball in the net again with a far post volley from Rolandas Saumnauskas? but again there was an early flag from experienced linesman Alan Hoon right on the spot. Got to say the officials were excellent I thought, Darren in the middle always in control, helped by both teams attitudes, hardly a bad foul in the game. The visitors joint managers Craig Ainslie and Ash Bradshaw made a triple substitution on the hour mark to bring some fresh legs into the proceedings with Newquay playing the better football but the hosts always a threat on the break. Trenoweth saved his best save for the 76th minute when a sharp turn from Rapsey saw him unleash a 25 yard piledriver that was dipping under the bar but the outstanding keeper denied Rapsey a spectacular debut goal acrobatically diving backwards to just about get enough on the ball to turn it over the bar for a fantastic save. Nick Boase up from the back struck another powerful 25 yarder this time just clearing the bar by a foot. As the visitors pushed trying to find a winner, Penzance had a couple of dangerous quick breaks involving their subs but young teenage keeper Harry Salmon was quick and sharp off his line to cut out the danger diving bravely at the forwards feet. Sullivan hit a powerful strike from 15 yards just over in the 88th minute that proved to be the last chance of the match as it ended honours even.

Great to see some old Newquay and Penzance mates I ain’t seen for a while, two of my old clubs where I’ve had many a happy memory. Thought it was more than a decent game for a 0-0. A cheap day as well, thanks to Nicksy for getting me and the mrs in for free!  Although I did have a few 50/50s and 4 cups of tea! Cheers mate 👍🍻

I think that that is a very good, young Newquay side who over time and with the right mix of guidance and experience will become a force to be reckoned with, I might be wrong but definitely 4 or 5 under 20 in that squad. A point away at Penzance may not be a bad result as they are a tough nut to crack now with there own blend of youth and experience. Two good sides playing out what appears to be a good game 🙂

Yeah I agree Scoffy, some talented lads on the pitch today on both teams! One of the better 0-0s I’ve seen over the years.  You would have enjoyed some of the saves I reckon mate, top class, couple of worldies! Spoke to a few PZ people who said they came up and gave you a good game in midweek. Definitely an improving side and good to see Cheesy helping his youngsters today. One of those games where Newquay played well enough to be 3-0/4-0 up on another day but PZ could still have nicked it 1-0!! Good game I thought. Kept you engrossed for the whole 90 minutes. See you had another great win, top of the league bud! 5 at Dobwalls, another 5 today!! incredible job you all do there, well played Scoffy 👏🏼👍

Just a shout out to our officials yesterday. All three were superb in my eyes, nothing controversial for them to deal with but they officiated the game really well. Over the past three games we’ve had some really good officiating, know they are often on the wrong end of posts on here. 

All the best to Camelford for the rest of the season too. 

28 minutes ago, WendronOfficial said:

Just a shout out to our officials yesterday. All three were superb in my eyes, nothing controversial for them to deal with but they officiated the game really well. Over the past three games we’ve had some really good officiating, know they are often on the wrong end of posts on here. 

Let's give them a shout :- 

Thomas Roper

Darren Winkworth

Adam Price

👍

(as listed on FA Full-Time)

Bude Town 2 - 6 St Blazey. About 60 spectators for this, including (apparently) a number of Liskeard players.

We expected quite a tough game from this season's surprise package Bude Town. Well, sadly, we left disappointed by Bude: this was a totally dominant performance from Blazey. It could, and perhaps should, have been two or three more. Paul has uploaded the Blazey goals to YouTube, no doubt he'll post the link later.

There were a few grumbles from the Bude fans about missing key players. It should be said, in the interest of balance, that Blazey were missing the league's top goalscorer, Luke Cloke, and Blazey's top goalscorer from last season, Liam Eddy, and were forced to start a 17 year old up front (although it would be fair to say that Rio Ward must surely be one of the best u18s in the county right now), so frankly I don't think Bude can grumble too loudly.

This was a difficult game for the officials. Two red cards handed out, for what appeared to be simply some handbags, but in fairness I was no where near the incident. A sin-bin for River Allen (not certain what he said) and what should have been a straight red and penalty for a horrendous two footed, in-the-air challenge on Rio Ward, who eventually made the trip to Minor Injuries to be checked over. Thankfully he only sustained bruising and swelling to the ankle, but it could have been so much worse.

Sat Nav took us to a housing estate near the ground. I'm not certain where we should have parked, but something to be aware of for travelling players and fans.

32 minutes ago, SteveM said:

Bude Town 2 - 6 St Blazey. About 60 spectators for this, including (apparently) a number of Liskeard players.

We expected quite a tough game from this season's surprise package Bude Town. Well, sadly, we left disappointed by Bude: this was a totally dominant performance from Blazey. It could, and perhaps should, have been two or three more. Paul has uploaded the Blazey goals to YouTube, no doubt he'll post the link later.

There were a few grumbles from the Bude fans about missing key players. It should be said, in the interest of balance, that Blazey were missing the league's top goalscorer, Luke Cloke, and Blazey's top goalscorer from last season, Liam Eddy, and were forced to start a 17 year old up front (although it would be fair to say that Rio Ward must surely be one of the best u18s in the county right now), so frankly I don't think Bude can grumble too loudly.

This was a difficult game for the officials. Two red cards handed out, for what appeared to be simply some handbags, but in fairness I was no where near the incident. A sin-bin for River Allen (not certain what he said) and what should have been a straight red and penalty for a horrendous two footed, in-the-air challenge on Rio Ward, who eventually made the trip to Minor Injuries to be checked over. Thankfully he only sustained bruising and swelling to the ankle, but it could have been so much worse.

Sat Nav took us to a housing estate near the ground. I'm not certain where we should have parked, but something to be aware of for travelling players and fans.

Was the horrendous challenge on Rio ward the same one that doesn't even look a foul on blazey match footage? 

10 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

Was the horrendous challenge on Rio ward the same one that doesn't even look a foul on blazey match footage? 

Yeah that’s the one! Cleanly got the ball, one footed and no studs showing, shocking decision by the referee in my opinion and was baffled to hear most blazey players, supporters and management screaming for a red!! Bude have had a lot of bad press about getting around the referee and moaning, but blazey (players and management) from the first whistle were moaning and getting around the ref in groups which was really poor to see as they’re a great side! River Allen is way too good for this league, he was a level above everyone yesterday! being a neutral and having watched both teams a couple times this season, I must say I didn’t recognise most of budes lineup and was told by quite a few supporters that 6/7 players that would normally start were unavailable for various reasons. Seemed to affect them a lot. Although they were slightly better second half they weren’t very good and played the worse I’ve seen them play this season. Fair play to blazey they were ruthless and looked a great side!!

spoke to the bloke on the gate yesterday and he said there was 92 in attendance! Must say it did seem more than 60 as some blazey reports say.

2 hours ago, SteveM said:

Yeah this one. Both feet off the ground, so he's out of control

horror tackle.PNG

I will watch it again but when I saw it I thought... What an awful decision to give a foul

2 hours ago, SteveM said:

Yeah this one. Both feet off the ground, so he's out of control

horror tackle.PNG

Yep.. Watched it again closely... And yes... In this day and age a definite foul and I would say yellow card as not 2 footed and did get the ball cleanly.... But reckless...... In the modern game. 

10 years ago... " great tackle mate.. Up you get son" 

On 29/10/2022 at 20:48, ennis81 said:

Can you comment on the game you watched then?? 👍

2 hard working teams but Bridgers quality stood out. Players on bench jsut as good as the ones in first 11. I fink bridgers depth will see them win a lot of games in the late parts. Am jealous that G and NQY can’t attract and keep talent like bridgers, real pleasure. Tom shep is reall miss for nqy he was excellent again. he made the right move. Cant see wadebridge not getting promoted with the team they got. 

A team who pays every player £20 a game across the board losing to a team in the last 5 minutes that are paying a lot of their players £70/£80 a game, makes you jealous? 🤔  Depends how desperate you are for a place in the top 4? Be interesting to see how much the likes of Wendron are paying out compared to the likes of Bude and Wadebridge who are throwing thousands at it to buy a place in the top 4?