Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 29 October 2022


Recommended Posts

WESTERN LEAGUE

PREMIER DIVISION

14:00   

Millbrook                          1-1           Buckland Athletic

Saltash United                 3-2            Street   

15:00   

Barnstaple Town             2-6        Mousehole

Cadbury Heath                3-1            Clevedon Town

Falmouth Town               2-2            Keynsham Town

Shepton Mallet                2-2            Ilfracombe Town

Sherborne Town             2-3            Ashton & Backwell United

Wellington                       1-1            Bridgwater United

Welton Rovers                 4-2            Torpoint Athletic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dave,

I see that Millbrook v Buckland and Saltash v Street are both 2.00pm kick offs. Is this to save on using floodlights for economy reasons or another reason? I know the Peninsula League has given clubs permission to have early kick offs, but wasn't sure about the Western League. Can't blame any club for having an early K.O. if allowed and on these times it may become the norm. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Drumming Nutter said:

I am fairly certain that Millbrook's floodlights have been declared sub-standard following a referees report. Hence why all of their evening matches have had to be cancelled and rescheduled.

Did see a cherry picker on the pitch last week working on the lights.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Drumming Nutter said:

I am fairly certain that Millbrook's floodlights have been declared sub-standard following a referees report. Hence why all of their evening matches have had to be cancelled and rescheduled.

That explains that then, although probably could still get away with 3pm this weekend prior to the clocks changing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No referee has ever declared Millbrook’s floodlights as “sub-standard”. When the league tested them last year, one goalmouth was found to be “slightly below the minimum level of brightness required”. They’d been aligned incorrectly when installed.  When the lights were serviced and realigned last week, they passed the criteria fully. No problem for the Helston game on Tuesday evening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hedley1956 said:

No referee has ever declared Millbrook’s floodlights as “sub-standard”. When the league tested them last year, one goalmouth was found to be “slightly below the minimum level of brightness required”. They’d been aligned incorrectly when installed.  When the lights were serviced and realigned last week, they passed the criteria fully. No problem for the Helston game on Tuesday evening.

Lexical Semantics, so its taken a year to make a minor alignment correction !!! 

I'm pretty sure the evening fixture of 11/10/2022 against Mousehole AFC was cancelled in advance owing to "sub-standard" floodlights, but if they are now aligned and bright as a button ... excellent 👍:D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 29 October 2022

Some great results yesterday in the TSPL.

Wellington drawing with league leaders Bridgewater was probably the result of the day for allowing Saltash with their hard fought win to pull level on points.

These two clubs really setting the pace and surely but steadily pulling away from the rest of the pack but It would appear that Bridgewater are starting to slip as of late and The Ashes continue their relentless onslaught, this league once again appearing very exciting indeed ! 

Great win too for Mousehole who thrashed Barnstaple and Millbrook coming back from their own thrashing grabbed a late equaliser against Buckland.

Would love to hear anyones take on the Falmouth game who appear to have thrown away a two goal lead against bottom club Keynsham.

And sadly Torpoint went down again away from home.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saltash United 3 Street 2

 

Wasn’t vintage Ashes but then with 7 to 8 players injured currently to go the whole of October winning every game must go someway to having Ashes as team of the month for October. 
 

There’s a buzz about the place now, and even being 1-2 down with 10 to go, it spurred on the crowd and two late goals (his 299 and 300th) for the Ashes saw him home. Good to have Fletch Williams back to help as well and he with Jordan Ewing had great debuts. 
 

Not commenting on other sides- only to say we plough along… next up home to our friends from Welton Rovers who treated as so well last week. 

3 minutes ago, Drumming Nutter said:

After yesterday results Mousehole's fate is  in their own hands, if they win their games in hand, the results against Saltash and Bridgewater will be 6 pointers. Magnificent yesterday against Barnstaple... Up the 'hole 😁

Played the Mice twice in the league already! Two draws. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Falmouth 2. Keynsham 2.

Disappointing result in the end for Town who let a 2 goal lead slip against bottom club Keynsham.

The way the game went was a perfect example of the pattern of things for Town this season.

Dominate the play. Miss chances. Dominate the play. Miss some more chances.  Take the lead. (Jack Webber in this instance with first goal goal of the season if you discount the one at Bitton). More domination. Half-time.

Early goal to make it 2-0 at start of 2nd half. (JBE from a great cross from Brabyn) Start to drop deep, allow the opponents to get on top, give possession away a bit  cheaply, concede.  Try to hang on. Miss a few more chances. Continue to sit too deep. Concede an equaliser. Create a bit more but end up drawing.

Town have an excellent team and on their day could probably beat anyone in the league..... If they bring their shooting boots with them and improve the crossing and final ball.... Probably the same as many teams in the league it could be said!

Need to look at this as a season of consolidation in the league and hope to have a few cup runs.

UP THE TOWN!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

Falmouth 2. Keynsham 2.

Disappointing result in the end for Town who let a 2 goal lead slip against bottom club Keynsham.

The way the game went was a perfect example of the pattern of things for Town this season.

Dominate the play. Miss chances. Dominate the play. Miss some more chances.  Take the lead. (Jack Webber in this instance with first goal goal of the season if you discount the one at Bitton). More domination. Half-time.

Early goal to make it 2-0 at start of 2nd half. (JBE from a great cross from Brabyn) Start to drop deep, allow the opponents to get on top, give possession away a bit  cheaply, concede.  Try to hang on. Miss a few more chances. Continue to sit too deep. Concede an equaliser. Create a bit more but end up drawing.

Town have an excellent team and on their day could probably beat anyone in the league..... If they bring their shooting boots with them and improve the crossing and final ball.... Probably the same as many teams in the league it could be said!

Need to look at this as a season of consolidation in the league and hope to have a few cup runs.

UP THE TOWN!!!

By all accounts, it was another exciting game at Falmouth, both teams attacking from start to finish, despite Keynsham being at the bottom of the league and away from home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought it was a flat performance from Falmouth against a Keynsham team that had some very talented individuals but which lacked cohesion. They were there for the taking, as is shown by the fact Falmouth eased into a 2-0 lead without really sparkling. After that though, the home side were far too open, allowing the visitors to get back into the game. Yes, Falmouth had chances to win but did not take them and paid the price. This was definitely two points dropped by Town. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Saltash will pull away next year. When the evening games come thick and fast. Shane has a huge player pool to call on to help out. 

Shane Krac has a big reputation from his playing days, and has no doubt got a wide range of contacts from this time which he knows how to utilise.  A quick glance at their page on Full Time shows just how many he has got registered with the Ashes. Saturday's squad had players from Ivybridge and Liskeard on the bench as they had no games, and he has used players from step3/4 Parkway, Tiverton, Exmouth, Tavistock and Bristol Manor Farm already this campaign. 

On a playing note, I wonder if any of the Devon based Southern League sides have had a look at teenage Ashes midfielder Callum Merrin?  Seems to be building a reputation after his summer move from Ivybridge, and I have heard him described as looking like a young Shane Krac. With The Ashes having no game this midweek, the St Lukes Cup game v Teignmouth on Tuesday night might have been a good chance for Parkway to put him though his paces.

Also on the Western League side, Mousehole thumping Barnstaple at their place puts down a marker. I would think though that, even with games in hand, they might have dropped too many points already. It also looks like Torpoint are in for a long winter at the bottom end of the table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 31/10/2022 at 09:02, Way Of The Park said:

Shane Krac has a big reputation from his playing days, and has no doubt got a wide range of contacts from this time which he knows how to utilise.  A quick glance at their page on Full Time shows just how many he has got registered with the Ashes. Saturday's squad had players from Ivybridge and Liskeard on the bench as they had no games, and he has used players from step3/4 Parkway, Tiverton, Exmouth, Tavistock and Bristol Manor Farm already this campaign. 

On a playing note, I wonder if any of the Devon based Southern League sides have had a look at teenage Ashes midfielder Callum Merrin?  Seems to be building a reputation after his summer move from Ivybridge, and I have heard him described as looking like a young Shane Krac. With The Ashes having no game this midweek, the St Lukes Cup game v Teignmouth on Tuesday night might have been a good chance for Parkway to put him though his paces.

Also on the Western League side, Mousehole thumping Barnstaple at their place puts down a marker. I would think though that, even with games in hand, they might have dropped too many points already. It also looks like Torpoint are in for a long winter at the bottom end of the table.

I’ve seen the boy Merrin a few times. He’s a top top player. Without a doubt will play a higher level than western league. 
I did hear that Saltash have an understanding with Ivybridge & liskeard regarding players as I saw they had a few Ivybridge players involved the wkend & Adam carter helped Ivybridge out the other week too. Not sure the agreement with liskeard tho 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...