Cornwall Football Forum

Managerial news coming out of the G!

Shame really, clubs changing managers after a few games for no obvious reason. Bodmin changed theirs, and their results seem to be on par as before and I’ve noticed the club are signing players with no affinity to the club. I rather see gradual progression within clubs on and off the pitch in a controlled manner, rather than trying to run before they can even walk. Improvement’s on and off the pitch must develop hand in hand, or it’s a recipe for disaster. Especially now, during the economic turmoil we are going through.

22 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Shame really, clubs changing managers after a few games for no obvious reason. Bodmin changed theirs, and their results seem to be on par as before and I’ve noticed the club are signing players with no affinity to the club. I rather see gradual progression within clubs on and off the pitch in a controlled manner, rather than trying to run before they can even walk. Improvement’s on and off the pitch must develop hand in hand, or it’s a recipe for disaster. Especially now, during the economic turmoil we are going through.

Those opening two wins, and the optimism that surrounded Harry Pope's appointment, seems like a long time ago now. With no relegation this season, and no chance now of getting into the top division of the restructured league, will be interesting to see what direction the G go in for the next boss. It's obviously now going to be about building for the 2023/24 season. As is stated above, there really is no quick fix. The Wendron model is clearly the blueprint, but it requires years of hard work, patience, vision and planning

Just back from Hospital feeling like crap so no watching footy at Newquay tonight , put on football news on here and see G manager Harry Pope gone no surprise there really think he lost the backing of the players wish him luck wherever he ends up . 

So the search for the new manager starts all over again and here are my candidates 1 Josh Stockdale 2 . Sean Middleton 3 Phil Lowry and rank outsider Ben Colqhoun ,just hope they get someone who will get the team playing the way they can because when they are good they are very good and when they are bad they are bloody awful .

Ok looking forward to see who turns up at Godolphin way when there next home game is theres only 1 man that can really bring the good times back at the G and that is Derek Martyn but its no good looking in the past i would personally like to see Josh Stockdale be the new manager im sure he would get respect from the players and they would play foe him . 

Good Luck to Newquay tonight vs St Dennis bit of a bugger im going to miss it but not feeling too good after having all that crap pumped into me but its got to be done 

4 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Just back from Hospital feeling like crap so no watching footy at Newquay tonight , put on football news on here and see G manager Harry Pope gone no surprise there really think he lost the backing of the players wish him luck wherever he ends up . 

So the search for the new manager starts all over again and here are my candidates 1 Josh Stockdale 2 . Sean Middleton 3 Phil Lowry and rank outsider Ben Colqhoun ,just hope they get someone who will get the team playing the way they can because when they are good they are very good and when they are bad they are bloody awful .

Ok looking forward to see who turns up at Godolphin way when there next home game is theres only 1 man that can really bring the good times back at the G and that is Derek Martyn but its no good looking in the past i would personally like to see Josh Stockdale be the new manager im sure he would get respect from the players and they would play foe him . 

Good Luck to Newquay tonight vs St Dennis bit of a bugger im going to miss it but not feeling too good after having all that crap pumped into me but its got to be done 

I’m officially counting myself out of the running for the job, I couldn’t organise a **** up in a brewery Steve haha

Thanks Keith its only Kidney Stones and they arent going to kill me and im sorry to say i have not got a religous bone in my body especially when i see young kids having treatment beside me and the next week they are not there because they have died so the Good Lord wasnt there for those poor little dears 

On 26/10/2022 at 17:53, 100%cornish said:

Hope everything is ok mate and you're keeping as well as can be Steve.

I still keep an eye on the G from up country here in Dorset, not sure what's happened as I thought Harry would do well I know as well as anyone that sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Hopefully the club can get someone in to get the club back on track and moving forwards again building on the great work Pat and Josh have done.

Take care

Savo

G goalie Adam Rowbathan until someone permanent is brought in be a hard game at St Austell i will be at St Columb Major to watch them play Liskeard Res if its not peeing down im Hoping Finn Bartlett is playing for Liskeard and Craig Allen for St Columb should be a good game .Thanks Savo been hospital again today looking good hope your well up in Sunny Dorset lovely place nearly as nice as Newquay but not quite 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Keith still not converted never will be Where was god in the Holocaust and why does he let young children die of the terrible Cancer disease i have seen at least 20 young kids in my time having treatment who are no longer here and they havnt even had a life i would swap with anyone of them 

You got your believes and i got mine ,but this is a footy forum not a religous Sermon