Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS- 29TH OCTOBER, 2022

East Division

Altarnun 7-4 Polperro

Launceston 1-1 Torpoint Athletic (2.00pm kick-off)

Saltash Borough 7-1 Callington Town

St. Dominick 5-0 Sticker

St. Mawgan 2-0 Saltash United

West Division

Hayle 5-1 St. Agnes

Mullion 4-2 Falmouth Town

Porthleven 0-5 Illogan RBL

Redruth United 1-5 Wendron United

St. Day 0-2 Perranwell

Truro City 0-0 Helston Athletic

On 28/10/2022 at 23:59, BrummyBarry said:

Apparently the lack of referees  is now hitting st piran League and the combination League this weekend it won't be long until the SWPL stops getting refs on the line at this rate 

Wait till next season when the Step 5 + 6 leagues expand and expect 3 officials at each game.

22 minutes ago, Box 2 Box said:

Look to be struggling to raise a strong side ? Holidays ? Illness? Injury ? 

strange to see a Friday night fixture coming up for them as well 

Friday night game to get a game in. Was at St Day but the finalisation of the changing rooms means it couldn’t be played there, but Mousehole 1st at home too so moved to Friday at Mousehole.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS- 29TH OCTOBER, 2022
On 28/10/2022 at 23:59, BrummyBarry said:

Apparently the lack of referees  is now hitting st piran League and the combination League this weekend it won't be long until the SWPL stops getting refs on the line at this rate 

Unfortunately with more than 50% of Trelawny League matches without a match official this weekend, I personally think it’s time SWPL went to club linesman and those match officials redistributed into the middle. SWPL is Step 5 in name only now. 

4 hours ago, Box 2 Box said:

Look to be struggling to raise a strong side ? Holidays ? Illness? Injury ? 

strange to see a Friday night fixture coming up for them as well 

Still fielding a strong side just not happening for us at the moment. They held us off for the first 20-25 mins of pure pressure from us and held us off well , won't take anything away from perranwell they battled well. Don't get games anymore where you come off knowing you've had a battle, which is killing the sport. But as I get older also killing me 😂😂😂

5 hours ago, Richard Chown said:

Unfortunately with more than 50% of Trelawny League matches without a match official this weekend, I personally think it’s time SWPL went to club linesman and those match officials redistributed into the middle. SWPL is Step 5 in name only now. 

I believe this would cause issues for the referees seeking promotion to level three as they need to officiate in 10 ‘qualifying games’ in order to be considered (alongside lots of other criteria).

At the moment, a ‘qualifying game’ must be played with neutral assistants. It would require the National FA to amend their criteria to allow for this change.

1 hour ago, FootballChat said:

I believe this would cause issues for the referees seeking promotion to level three as they need to officiate in 10 ‘qualifying games’ in order to be considered (alongside lots of other criteria).

At the moment, a ‘qualifying game’ must be played with neutral assistants. It would require the National FA to amend their criteria to allow for this change.

Let’s see what happens shall we. Think we are at breaking point regarding number of assistants and it is only inevitable that some games will go without neutral assistants next season.