Bude Town               5-1        Sticker

Camelford                1-3           Newquay

Dobwalls                  1-5        Wendron United

Godolphin Atlantic Newquay   0-4   Callington Town

Launceston                2-3       St Dennis

Penzance                   1-2          AFC St Austell

Wadebridge Town        7-0        Mullion

FA VASE, FIRST ROUND

Bovey Tracey               1-1           Ivybridge Town (Bovey win 4-3 on pens)

Bridport                  3-5        Royal Wotton Bassett

Brixham                         4-0           Odd Down

Cullompton Rangers   2-0   Bemerton Heath Harlequins

Elburton Villa              1-0       Ashton & Backwell

Mangotsfield United      2-0          Crediton United

St Blazey                      1-2          Thornbury

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS- Saturday 22 October 2022

WADEBRIDGE  7-0  MULLION

HT  5-0

ATT  105

6’ An inswinging corner from Chris Reski was headed in from 2 yards out by an unmarked Matt Lloyd 

10’ The visitors didn’t learn from minutes earlier when Reski’s cross from the right found Lloyd on his own at the far post and although Mullions 50 year old Peter Pan keeper Paul Williams did well to save his header at point blank range it dropped back to Lloyd to smash home from 4 yards.

15’ With Mullion all at sea at the back, Reski once again played a superb pass right through the heart of  the defence for Lloyd to run onto and  shoot into the bottom corner to complete a 15 minute hat-trick and double his goals tally for the season in the process.

17’ Lloyd was having a purple spell that doesn’t come too often in a strikers career when after another mix up in the home backline the ball dropped to his left foot 10 yards out and he smashed the ball over Williams head before he had time to react.

19’ Jacob Smale whipped in an inswinging cross from the left and Lloyd showed he was human after all getting in front of Williams but heading past the post taking a smack to the head in the process.

27’  Taking no chances after a conversation with excellent referee Neil Hunniset who you hardly noticed all afternoon, always a great sign I think, a slightly concussed Lloyd left the field to be replaced by Jack Rapsey who had his own injury in midweek, getting clattered and off at half time at Newquay.

31’  The in form Jacob Smale cut in from the left to hit a right foot shot across Williams to complete a torrid half hour for Mullion who have had a terrific start to the season in 8th place with games in hand having only lost 2 games from 10 before today. They wouldn’t have had many afternoons like today so far since their promotion from St.Piran league West finishing runners up last season.

37’. Mullion were unlucky not to pull a goal back when George Molcher shot past Rob Rosevear from 10 yards but the Bridgers new signing Aaron Dilley did really well to clear off the line.

HT   5-O

49’  The visitors regrouped at the break and put some more shirts behind the ball, a possible damage limitation tactic and as so often happens after a high scoring 1st half the 2nd half never quite lived up to the 1st, but Mr Hunnisett did have to produce his only yellow card of the game when a great run from Sam Gerken was halted by a high late challenge from ? 

54’. A Smale cross from the left was deflected towards goal by a defender but despite Williams best efforts to keep it out with a spot of juggling it dropped down a couple of feet over the line and Lino Mr Steve Tootle was in a great position to award the goal. 

58; Rapsey won the ball on the halfway line and skipped past a couple of challenges down the left before shooting just past the far post

61’  A great cut back from Tom Sheppard down the right saw Morgan Vallejos 15 yard strike beaten away by the busy Williams

76’. Gerken sent Sheppard away down the right and he cut in to shoot against Williams legs from a narrow angle

82’. A great move instigated by young Brad Rowe down the right saw Rapsey race past a defender before cutting the ball across the face of the goal for left back Cory Sargent to come charging in at the far post to smash home his first goal for the club.

84’ The hosts were still piling forward and a headed flick on by Rapsey sent Sheppard free and he picked out Gerken to side foot over the bar from just inside the area.

88’. The impressive Rowe overlapping down the right sent over a great cross to the far post but the hard working Gerken volleyed just wide of the upright

90’  Mullion did get a shot on target straight at Rosevear before Mr Hunnisett blew his final whistle deciding not to add on any injury time in the circumstances.

Probably one to forget for Mullion in an out of character performance after their great start to the season and for Wadebridge a pleasing display of football which they kept up for 90 minutes despite the pitch deteriorating as the game went on with all the heavy rainfall before and during the game. 

Dobwalls 1 Wendron 5

Saw a very good display from Wendron today who controlled this game throughout. Two goals up inside the first 15 mins and any hope of Dobwalls getting back into the game appeared to disappear when the stand in Dobwalls keeper dropped the ball for Wendron to go in 3 nil up at half time. Second half a little more even but another defensive error enabled Wendron to go 4 nil up before Fyneboy headed home to make it 4-1. Wendron then got the fifth whilst Dobwalls down to 10 men due to Fyneboy being sin binned for consistent “discussion” with the referee. Wendron a very good team and it was one of best performances I have seen this season. 

Went to G normally do if NQY are away. Really poor G team sad to see. Tania and G family are brilliant people but their footballers are letting them down. Was talking to a parent of a G player who said they think a couple players will leave in next few weeks if manager doesn change same person said that Phil Lowry is joining Wadebridge from Newquay hard to believe anyone heard same Rappo or 100% might no?

4 hours ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

Went to G normally do if NQY are away. Really poor G team sad to see. Tania and G family are brilliant people but their footballers are letting them down. Was talking to a parent of a G player who said they think a couple players will leave in next few weeks if manager doesn change same person said that Phil Lowry is joining Wadebridge from Newquay hard to believe anyone heard same Rappo or 100% might no?

I can see pope leaving the g soon. I thought the club would be more competitive with Harry coming in but they seem to have gone the wrong way. 
Phils a good player but with wadebridge flying I struggle to see where he gets in the side currently and if it would be a good move 

1 hour ago, Glen Patterson said:

Its an impossible task taking over a team after pre season, every contact that he knows will be playing elsewhere. Wouldnt matter who went there, there isn't a pot of swpl standard players sitting around doing nothing, waiting for a call. 

There aren’t many swpl standard players pulling on a G shirt each week either 🤣

On 22/10/2022 at 21:05, Graham Deacon said:

Didn’t know when to stop discussing the matter with the referee

He is a liability Dave and very disruptive. I personally wouldn't have him in the team. Dobwalls need a regular keeper and someone in midfield that can link up the play.

hey play better football when they have a number of the youngsters playing.

Cornish Legend i cant see any way Phil LOWRY would join Wadebridge they got 4 really good strikers in Lloyd , Rapsey ,Mellor and Strike why would they want another 1 they got enough ex Newquay players anyway i went and watched St Columb because the football at the G well just say is not all that good an di have heard Harry will be off before long he started off brilliantly but now they are just so poor i have heard that Phil lowry will be the new G manager ' 

I think the G will be ok when Sean comes back and goes in goal he commands his area and the players listen to him the G need a clear out and build the team around Matt Saunders and sign Jamie Seery from St Columb as well as Lee Budge and also some very good players in the St Mawgan team as well .

Good Job the G had a good run of results because at the moment you cant see where there next win is coming from something is not right at the club the players have no confidence in the manager and some are moving on as long as Matt Saunders stays and build the team around him .

It must upset the brilliant Tania who is Godolphin through and through to see the team playing so badly i really thought when Harry took over the G would have a good season they where brilliant at 1st then they where awful i reccomended Harry to Nigel because he had been at brilliant at Penryn but i wouldnt be surprised to see him gone before long .

The person i would like to see back at the G is Derek Martyn but cant see that ever happening .

I will be there continue supporting the G  because its such a lovely run club with nice people its just the team need rebuilding 

PZ 1 St Austell 2

Average game with both teams showing a mix of enterprising passages of play mixed with poor passing, especially for the final ball. St A had more quality, especially via Neil Slateford, so deserved the win. PZ had good spells at times, so there is still something to build on.

This visit to Penlee Park saw me complete the SWPL West set of grounds. Good place to watch a game. Decent programme & clubhouse too. Wish PZ all the best moving forward