Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League and Cup Results - Saturday 22nd October 2022

Results 

22nd October 2022

League.

Hayle Reserves p-p Praze

St Day Reserves (Perran Cooke 2, Sam Bradley 2, Hal Davis, Ben West) 6-3 Goonhavern Athletic (Daniel Ball 2, Craig Brown)

Att-26

League Cup

RNAS Culdrose (Allen McInnes, Braden Danaher) 2-3 Mawnan (John Leach 2, Ben Stevens)

Att-27

Rosudgeon (Jonty Wheatly) 1-4 Pendeen Rovers (Danny Earl, Glen Carew, Tristan Prowse, Alex Ralph)

Att-46

St Ives Town (Antony Cornish 2, David Booles, Sean Roberts, Max Clymo, OG) 6-0 St Agnes Reserves

Att-25

St Just (Jack Willis 3, George Harry, Joshua Atwood, Chris Curnow, Ryan Ladd, Nick Hichens) 8-1 Porthleven Reserves (???)

Att-71

• cornishteddyboy changed the title to LWC Drinks Combination League and Cup Results - Saturday 22nd October 2022

It’s all easy on the outside and gob off. 
Hayle do have the facilities and so have clubs like penryn (which have had hard times recently) but that doesn’t mean you  automatically get players showing up and you have an abundance of players. 
Football nowadays is about building from the bottom and Hayle are doing that, it’s long term not short term. Let’s see who’s about in 10 years time.
Does anyone think a club doesn’t want to send a side out every week? Times are hard. 

12 hours ago, potch said:

It’s all easy on the outside and gob off. 
Hayle do have the facilities and so have clubs like penryn (which have had hard times recently) but that doesn’t mean you  automatically get players showing up and you have an abundance of players. 
Football nowadays is about building from the bottom and Hayle are doing that, it’s long term not short term. Let’s see who’s about in 10 years time.
Does anyone think a club doesn’t want to send a side out every week? Times are hard. 

Just baffles me how a Club with those facilities cannot raise a team? I appreciate times are hard etc etc (for everyone I may add) but there are teams playing in park pitches with barely changing facilities who manage to put teams out week in week out (sometimes two teams), Wendron for example who are in the middle of nowhere and still don’t have the facilities Hayle have manage to put 5 teams out week in week out, it’s easy to say players don’t want to play and “the players just aren’t there etc etc when sometimes it’s just how things are operating from within at the Clubs and not the previous, this is a generalisation so don’t take it personally, it’s the case in many of these Clubs when people can’t see the wood through the trees.

15 hours ago, THEMAGPIE said:

Absolute joke, but then the Combination League is a joke.

That's more than disrespectful to the Clubs in the League! Or is that aimed at the management committee - whose sole job is to create fixtures, record results and make sure the rules are applied correctly. It's not anyone else's fault that Hayle are experiencing severe difficulties at present. I hope they find a way through it!

Not quite sure I get the joke.

On 23/10/2022 at 09:00, THEMAGPIE said:

Just baffles me how a Club with those facilities cannot raise a team? I appreciate times are hard etc etc (for everyone I may add) but there are teams playing in park pitches with barely changing facilities who manage to put teams out week in week out (sometimes two teams), Wendron for example who are in the middle of nowhere and still don’t have the facilities Hayle have manage to put 5 teams out week in week out, it’s easy to say players don’t want to play and “the players just aren’t there etc etc when sometimes it’s just how things are operating from within at the Clubs and not the previous, this is a generalisation so don’t take it personally, it’s the case in many of these Clubs when people can’t see the wood through the trees.

Wise words from Magpie, high priest and Chief Supporter of Pilfer, Nick, Swipe, Undermine and Tap Tap Tap AFC ! If I move back I shall get onto Cornwall Council and rent out your boggy facilities for Ladies' Gig Racing ! Good luck to Hayle ! Solidarity with teams in green !

On 23/10/2022 at 10:55, John Mead said:

That's more than disrespectful to the Clubs in the League! Or is that aimed at the management committee - whose sole job is to create fixtures, record results and make sure the rules are applied correctly. It's not anyone else's fault that Hayle are experiencing severe difficulties at present. I hope they find a way through it!

Not quite sure I get the joke.

Whoops, trouble in Paradise ! Can't have the only two Penzance supporters left turning on each other !  Respect for the SOUL of the Combo ! Remember ringing up the immortal Mr Roberts in the days before data protection to get a player address for seven day approach. Wouldn't tell me. Five minutes later, rang and impersonated you. As "Penzance secretary", I got the details. Funny old game, eh ?

10 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Wise words from Magpie, high priest and Chief Supporter of Pilfer, Nick, Swipe, Undermine and Tap Tap Tap AFC ! If I move back I shall get onto Cornwall Council and rent out your boggy facilities for Ladies' Gig Racing ! Good luck to Hayle ! Solidarity with teams in green !

Whoops, trouble in Paradise ! Can't have the only two Penzance supporters left turning on each other !  Respect for the SOUL of the Combo ! Remember ringing up the immortal Mr Roberts in the days before data protection to get a player address for seven day approach. Wouldn't tell me. Five minutes later, rang and impersonated you. As "Penzance secretary", I got the details. Funny old game, eh ?

To my knowledge, Magpie has no connection with Penzance. Perhaps he's a Newcastle supporter?

No trouble in paradise that I'm aware of either.

I'm not surprised you decided to impersonate me in order to gain the information; I'll take that as a compliment!

15 minutes ago, John Mead said:

To my knowledge, Magpie has no connection with Penzance. Perhaps he's a Newcastle supporter?

No trouble in paradise that I'm aware of either.

I'm not surprised you decided to impersonate me in order to gain the information; I'll take that as a compliment!

Thank you, John. It was the best proof of Penzance influence. At the time, Mr Roberts was admonished by his fellow committee members for treating two club secretaries asking for the same information in very different ways. But I am sure that sort of thing couldn't happen today. Nowadays the Combo League is run with the highest standards of probity and fairness, I'll be bound !