Okehampton Argyle       2-1             Callington Town

Teignmouth                      1-0             AFC St Austell

15:00    

Brixham                               4-0             Bodmin Town

Cullompton Rangers       2-1              St Dennis

Dartmouth                          0-5              Bovey Tracey

Holsworthy                         1-2          Elburton Villa

Launceston                         0-1           Ivybridge Town

Liskeard Athletic               6-3              Wendron United (aet, 3-3 at 90 mins)

Newton Abbot Spurs      2-0       Newquay

Penzance                            2-1              Camelford

Sidmouth Town                2-1              Honiton Town

St Blazey                              6-2              Torridgeside

Sticker                                  0-4              Crediton United

Torrington                           0-1              Dobwalls

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 15 October 2022

LISKEARD  6-3  WENDRON  (AET)

ATT:  125

HT  3-1

FT  3-3

AET  6-3

Lux Park looked a picture in the afternoon sun ☀️ (16c) with a beautiful playing surface. Picked this out as the tie of the round amongst a few other good ones and it certainly didn’t disappoint! £6 for a superb afternoons football, would have paid £12 for it, both teams were excellent. 👏🏼👏🏼

I’m a big admirer of Wendron and what Mike, Josh & Scoffy have achieved with this team and I know quite a few of the players who are top lads so I was sort of an away supporter on the day even though I did tip Liskeard in the summer to be league champions! I was a bit worried when I saw defensive warrior Russell May missing from the line up with injury and Wendron playing an unfamiliar 3 at the back, in which they also lost captain Scott Palmer after 28 minutes also with injury. Don’t really want the heart of your defence ripped out visiting the leagues top scorers and we were only 9 minutes in when James Rowe cut in to score at the second attempt. He doubled his and his teams tally after 20 minutes again cutting back inside to finish inside the near post. Palmer off and great skills from Ben Collins on the left resulting in his far post cross being turned in from 4 yards half by DJ and half defenders thigh? Being in the strikers union it was DJs goal all day for me! Game over after half an hour it seemed! Oh no it isn’t!! as the xmas pantomime goes! Max Gilberts thunderous 30 yard strike was beaten out of the top corner by the full stretch Ethan Fearn before Billy Stone out of the blue turned in a cross at the far post from close range to send the visitors in a bit happier at the break.

Not sure how the ht team talks went but it was like the teams swapped shirts at the break! Wendron came flying out the traps with Luke Gwillam saving almost point blank from Charlie Young on 48’ before 4 minutes later Ryan Reeve turned 15 yards out and hit a screamer top corner! Game on!! Hodgie was concerned and introduced top scorer James Lorenz  on the hour but 7 minutes later a mishit shot across goal by Reeve saw 2 goal midweek pony tailed hero Josh Wood slide in but he didn’t get enough on the ball from 6 yards out. Two minutes later he shot well over the bar after Young had pulled the ball  invitingly back to him. A Reeve shot was deflected over by Gwillam before the inevitable happened, Billy the kid Stone sharp shooting home at the far post to equalise and deservedly so. Unbelievable Jeff!!! 😳🤓 The Blues replied with a superb 25 yard Jarrod Woods dipper going down the slope but Fearn turned it over the bar with ease. One final twist before the refs final blast on his whistle, Young picking up a second yellow card on 90+3, the Dron facing the extra 30 minutes with 10 already tired men.

5 minutes into that period DJ was brought down on the edge of the area, looked like the foot that had the contact on was indeed, a foot outside the area. I had a pleasant afternoon sitting with Mr Malcolm Coad, a knowledgeable Cornish football man who thought exactly the same and DJs dad is a good mate of his! Easy for us though, right in line with a nice comfy seat in the stand, the refs got a split decision and DJ ended up well inside and Lorenz showing the plucky yellows no mercy crashing the pen into the roof of the net. 3 minutes later some salt was rubbed into the Wendron wound as Lorenz crossed for DJ to round Fearn and tap in from 3 yards. Jack Stocker showed the ref some understandable frustration and was chucked in the bin for his sin on 101 minutes!! Down to 9 men and no coming back this time from those brave Wendron boys who’d shown a bucket load of heart and grit all afternoon. Malcolm decided to cash out his £1 bet for £120 to sting bet 365, always nice to see the bookies lose! told you he was a knowledgeable football man! 😀👍 before Rowe completed his hat-trick and possible man of the match performance amongst many today from the spot after a slight push in the back on Lorenz. Got to say I’ve seen 3 pens awarded  in the last 3 days and I don’t think any of them actually were!! All really soft! Wish they were dished out like that in my day! I might have been able to retire 5 years earlier and not be so crippled as I am today!?! 🤔️ There was still time for the overworked Fearn to make a great low save to his left off a Lorenz curler and young talent Harvey Mullis to cut one back to him after a great run down the right but he shot against the foot of the post from 8 yards. 

Nice to catch up with BSOTT on the way out, another man who knows his local football and puts plenty of great stuff on here! Left my phone home all afternoon and was devastated on discovery but must admit I didn’t miss it apart from getting Falmouth updates from Bitton off my mate Nige, as the game was a cracker and one not to take your eyes off! Couldn’t help coming away feeling sorry for those Dron boys, great effort and didn’t deserve to lose by a 3 goal margin but that’s cup football I suppose. And as for Liskeard, they looked a bit more wide open than they did in midweek when their defence hardly had a leak in it but looked superb going forward a bit more today, horses for courses I guess,  and I’ll stick with them as my tip to win it this season. Threats all over the pitch. Great afternoons entertainment and one of those games where both teams can come away feeling happy with themselves, great shift by all 👏🏼👍️ It’s a funny old game as a great man once said! 👊🏼😀

Paid a visit to Blaze Park for their tie with Torribridge.

An immaculate playing surface greeted the two sides as they took the field.

St.Blazey to strong for their North Devon visitors.

FA Vase next week, hope for a closer contest. 

Sad to see St.Austell now out of the three cups entered, all by the middle of October , not like it used to be.

18 hours ago, RAPPO said:

LISKEARD  6-3  WENDRON  (AET)

ATT:  125

HT  3-1

FT  3-3

AET  6-3

Lux Park looked a picture in the afternoon sun ☀️ (16c) with a beautiful playing surface. Picked this out as the tie of the round amongst a few other good ones and it certainly didn’t disappoint! £6 for a superb afternoons football, would have paid £12 for it, both teams were excellent. 👏🏼👏🏼

I’m a big admirer of Wendron and what Mike, Josh & Scoffy have achieved with this team and I know quite a few of the players who are top lads so I was sort of an away supporter on the day even though I did tip Liskeard in the summer to be league champions! I was a bit worried when I saw defensive warrior Russell May missing from the line up with injury and Wendron playing an unfamiliar 3 at the back, in which they also lost captain Scott Palmer after 28 minutes also with injury. Don’t really want the heart of your defence ripped out visiting the leagues top scorers and we were only 9 minutes in when James Rowe cut in to score at the second attempt. He doubled his and his teams tally after 20 minutes again cutting back inside to finish inside the near post. Palmer off and great skills from Ben Collins on the left resulting in his far post cross being turned in from 4 yards half by DJ and half defenders thigh? Being in the strikers union it was DJs goal all day for me! Game over after half an hour it seemed! Oh no it isn’t!! as the xmas pantomime goes! Max Gilberts thunderous 30 yard strike was beaten out of the top corner by the full stretch Ethan Fearn before Billy Stone out of the blue turned in a cross at the far post from close range to send the visitors in a bit happier at the break.

Not sure how the ht team talks went but it was like the teams swapped shirts at the break! Wendron came flying out the traps with Luke Gwillam saving almost point blank from Charlie Young on 48’ before 4 minutes later Ryan Reeve turned 15 yards out and hit a screamer top corner! Game on!! Hodgie was concerned and introduced top scorer James Lorenz  on the hour but 7 minutes later a mishit shot across goal by Reeve saw 2 goal midweek pony tailed hero Josh Wood slide in but he didn’t get enough on the ball from 6 yards out. Two minutes later he shot well over the bar after Young had pulled the ball  invitingly back to him. A Reeve shot was deflected over by Gwillam before the inevitable happened, Billy the kid Stone sharp shooting home at the far post to equalise and deservedly so. Unbelievable Jeff!!! 😳🤓 The Blues replied with a superb 25 yard Jarrod Woods dipper going down the slope but Fearn turned it over the bar with ease. One final twist before the refs final blast on his whistle, Young picking up a second yellow card on 90+3, the Dron facing the extra 30 minutes with 10 already tired men.

5 minutes into that period DJ was brought down on the edge of the area, looked like the foot that had the contact on was indeed, a foot outside the area. I had a pleasant afternoon sitting with Mr Malcolm Coad, a knowledgeable Cornish football man who thought exactly the same and DJs dad is a good mate of his! Easy for us though, right in line with a nice comfy seat in the stand, the refs got a split decision and DJ ended up well inside and Lorenz showing the plucky yellows no mercy crashing the pen into the roof of the net. 3 minutes later some salt was rubbed into the Wendron wound as Lorenz crossed for DJ to round Fearn and tap in from 3 yards. Jack Stocker showed the ref some understandable frustration and was chucked in the bin for his sin on 101 minutes!! Down to 9 men and no coming back this time from those brave Wendron boys who’d shown a bucket load of heart and grit all afternoon. Malcolm decided to cash out his £1 bet for £120 to sting bet 365, always nice to see the bookies lose! told you he was a knowledgeable football man! 😀👍 before Rowe completed his hat-trick and possible man of the match performance amongst many today from the spot after a slight push in the back on Lorenz. Got to say I’ve seen 3 pens awarded  in the last 3 days and I don’t think any of them actually were!! All really soft! Wish they were dished out like that in my day! I might have been able to retire 5 years earlier and not be so crippled as I am today!?! 🤔️ There was still time for the overworked Fearn to make a great low save to his left off a Lorenz curler and young talent Harvey Mullis to cut one back to him after a great run down the right but he shot against the foot of the post from 8 yards. 

Nice to catch up with BSOTT on the way out, another man who knows his local football and puts plenty of great stuff on here! Left my phone home all afternoon and was devastated on discovery but must admit I didn’t miss it apart from getting Falmouth updates from Bitton off my mate Nige, as the game was a cracker and one not to take your eyes off! Couldn’t help coming away feeling sorry for those Dron boys, great effort and didn’t deserve to lose by a 3 goal margin but that’s cup football I suppose. And as for Liskeard, they looked a bit more wide open than they did in midweek when their defence hardly had a leak in it but looked superb going forward a bit more today, horses for courses I guess,  and I’ll stick with them as my tip to win it this season. Threats all over the pitch. Great afternoons entertainment and one of those games where both teams can come away feeling happy with themselves, great shift by all 👏🏼👍️ It’s a funny old game as a great man once said! 👊🏼😀

Well done Rappo. Couldn’t bring myself to write a report. One, because you’ve got everything covered and two, I’d have run out of superlatives to describe this game! It was outstanding in every respect. 3-3 at FT was very fair and illustrated a great comeback by the Dron. For once, penalty kicks may have been the right way to settle this titanic battle. An injury time red card and an early extra time sin bin meant a mis-matched additional 30 minutes. Fair play to the Blues, they ruthlessly exploited this advantage.

The overall standard of the SWPL West has been much commented on, but Liskeard on form are a joy to watch. Exciting, creative, full of attacking flair and always capable of getting a goal from somewhere. The Man City of the league,  without the money similarity!!  The Dron - excellent to watch too. Surely the template for every smaller Step 6 club in Cornwall to emulate? Such a friendly club too with a fabulously distinctive ground. My favourite club from the West! Aren’t they everyone’s favourite ‘other’ local team? 

Yesterday was the perfect reminder of why I love our Cornish game, our Cornish clubs and grassroots football more generally. I really think - and hope - both these fine clubs should be at Step 5 next season!  Thank you Blues and the Dron for a wonderful game.

Thanks for the kind words Rappo, Good to chat yesterday. Certainly the work of Deacs and yourself helped to stoke my interest in Cornish football. This will be evidenced, all being well, in completing the full set of SWPL grounds at Penlee Park next weekend! Dare I say it, Devon has a few good ‘uns to visit too!!

Have a good week everyone!