Dobwalls                      2-1         Penzance 

Godolphin Atlantic       0-3        St Blazey 

Launceston                  1-2         Newquay 

Liskeard Athletic          4-1          Mullion 

WALTER C PARSON FUNERAL DIRECTORS LEAGUE CUP, 

Second Round 

Axminster Town         3-1          Wadebridge Town 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 8 October 2022

Before i start i would like to say i hope the St Blazey spectator who had a episode this afternoon could of been a heart attack or stroke but thats just guess work just hope they will be ok ,also i would like to apologise to the St Blazey goal keeper coach we was having a good chat he knew me but i didnt know who he was i didnt even know the G player Matt Saunders who i had a good chat with and i have been watching him play for a long time .I blame it on my age and got a lot going on at the moment .

Ok on to the match Godolphin where poor today and never tested Blazey goalie Steve Cross who was deputising for 1st choice goalie Jordan Cole and also there was no River Allen in there team but they didnt need them it was all Blazey from the 1st whistle it didnt take long for Blazey to go 1 nil up when Lewis Russel dropped a ball onto Luke Coles foot and he beat G goalie Adam Rowbatham with ease Blazey continued to dominate and the Ggoalie made a brilliant save from Sam Buckley but it went to Lewis Vooght who put the ball away with ease .HT 2-0 

Blazey continues to dominate and Luke Cloke scored a 3rd he also had a goal dissalowed which the linesman flagged for offside but he was clearly on side .

Blazey brought on sub of there subs and what a list of subs they had who would get in any side the likes of JACK ALEXANDER ,GINO GARSIDE ,RIO WARD ,KAI FOSTER ,AND CALLUM MCGEE Not a bad list of quality players to bring 0n .

With about 15mins to go the game was stopped i didnt have a clue what was going on but i think a spectator could of had a heart attackbut i couldnt understand why it was taking so long for the ambulance to arrive just hope the poor person is ok but i do fear the worst hope im wrong 

The match was stopped and both teams agreed the 3-0 win to Blazey would stand think the G where lucky really it could of been a real hammering just poor finishing from Blazey and desperate defending from the G .

The G need to get some new players in soon a goalscorer is top of there list i would think 

Onto my MOM for the G ADAM ROWBATHAN AND FOR BLAZEY THATS EASY MARTIN GILES WHAT A PLAYER HE IS .Been watching him for years and he always gives 100% hes the sort of player you would want with you he was just awesome today but hes been like that for years What a friggin player also liked Paul Wottons son Alfie if hes as good as his old man was hes going to have a hell of a career

The ref and his assitants where very good but Mr Steggles you did make a mistake for flagging Luke CLOKE  offside he wasnt .

Ok i just hope the person who collapsed who came to watch a football match makes a full recovery and gets to see St Blazey win he league and also a cup with the squad they have got they should do 

I wish Blazey all the luck for the season good to see Paul and other lovely people supporting Blazey just tell me who i was talking to he said hes the Blazey goalkeeper coach whats worst is i reckonised his face but he wouldnt tell me his name it will be bugging me all night now .

And finally Godolphin what the hell is going on your not playing like the brilliant G I  saw a month or so ago you got your work cut out there Harry where is Josh you cant do it all on your own you need a assitant and a striker say someone like Jaffa Rowe from St Dennis 

See you again soon but i will be going to St Columb Major on the 22nd to watch them play Liskeard Reserves and there talented team . 

Ok have a good evening and Sunday thats it for now Strictly time 

I was also at the game again today and what is going on with the G this season. Pre season under Adam, and this team under Harry Pope this season are total opposites. We’ve been woeful every game I’ve watched. Over 30 goals conceded in the last 9 games I believe now. We’ve some very talented chaps at the club too. I’ve watched the G for a long time and we’ve had difficult seasons but the effort was always there. The worrying thing is nothing changes every week, the manager seems to just put out the same players and the same issues are there. They only start playing the last 20 minutes or so when the subs come on, and there’s better players on the bench week in week out! Ben always has given his all for the G and scored a few at the start of the season, Gavin Halse always looks lively when he comes on and has scored a few over the past few games, and the young chap who plays on the wing I think looks very good. But they never get game time, it isn’t like the G are scoring a lot of goals! 

It’s very disheartening to watch, as an old chap the games are often the highlight of my week and this has been an awful season. My heart also goes out to the fan who collapsed, I had no idea what was happening but really do hope he’s ok. Does anyone have an update on him?

I see the mighty Peppermints won again today, great credit to them for turning their season around and I for one am excited to see where they finish. Young Noah Teagle for them I believe is a future star at this level. Beautiful passer of the football and a delight to watch.

good luck to St Blazey for the season, and things can only get better for the G , please! 

Not the afternoon we expected as time was running down as St Blazey led 0v3 at Godolphin.

A life long supporter and good friend who I was stood next to, and had been in good spirits all afternoon suddenly said to me I don't feel to good. I got my arm round him and couldn't get much out of him before he felt like he was going to collapse and three of us helped him to the floor as he became a dead weight. 

One supporter ran for Laureen our physio and the referee stopped the match. 

Martin Giles along with Laureen looked after him. They knew their stuff and they were very calm. Top work. 

I phoned for an ambulance. That took 6 attempts to connect due to high demand!!

We waited for 40 minutes for an ambulance, by which time the referee had called the end to the match. Our supporter began to come round and was able to sit up and eventually walked slowly back to his car. After making sure he was ok, the ambulance was called off and he was taken home to be well looked after. He will be seen by a doctor. He's at home eating soup. A good sign after what had happened a couple of hours ago. 

I must thank several people at Godolphin who offered to help and brought the de fib in case it was needed. 

And of course, our managers, players and supporters who all did what they could. 

The referee was also very good in what is not a normal situation. 

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

Not the afternoon we expected as time was running down as St Blazey led 0v3 at Godolphin.

A life long supporter and good friend who I was stood next to, and had been in good spirits all afternoon suddenly said to me I don't feel to good. I got my arm round him and couldn't get much out of him before he felt like he was going to collapse and three of us helped him to the floor as he became a dead weight. 

One supporter ran for Laureen our physio and the referee stopped the match. 

Martin Giles along with Laureen looked after him. They knew their stuff and they were very calm. Top work. 

I phoned for an ambulance. That took 6 attempts to connect due to high demand!!

We waited for 40 minutes for an ambulance, by which time the referee had called the end to the match. Our supporter began to come round and was able to sit up and eventually walked slowly back to his car. After making sure he was ok, the ambulance was called off and he was taken home to be well looked after. He will be seen by a doctor. He's at home eating soup. A good sign after what had happened a couple of hours ago. 

I must thank several people at Godolphin who offered to help and brought the de fib in case it was needed. 

And of course, our managers, players and supporters who all did what they could. 

The referee was also very good in what is not a normal situation. 

So glad to hear this, was a worrying sight and we’re all with him. Must commend everyone who played a part and please pass our regards onto him. A great bit of news I must say. 

Did the game continue with the supporter unconscious or am I reading this report wrong?

13 minutes ago, Paul said:

We waited for 40 minutes for an ambulance, by which time the referee had called the end to the match. Our supporter began to come round and was able to sit up and eventually walked slowly back to his car. After making sure he was ok, the ambulance was called off and he was taken home to be well looked after.

Great news the Blazey suporter managed to come around was  a distressing site to see just glad hes ok ,and the ref did the right thing by declaring the game over right decision to put us poor G supporters out of our misery because they where so poor they got some really good players there but there is no one in that team can score goals maybe Ben should play from the start where is Richie Rundle he would of had a go today because none of the players out there did they could be there all week and they still wouldnt score At least the G Wont go down this season but a month ago they where looking really good and how the hell did they beat Bude away .

Ok enough moaning just wishing all my best wishes to the St Blazey supporter and hope to see him again soon cheering on the Green and Blacks 

2 hours ago, Thewaltz9 said:

8.0 only the 5 goals 👀CAMAAN ❤️

Did not attend but been told by someone who did ,  st Dennis  had a stand in 16 year old keeper who looked 12 years old ,and his old granny  could of scored ,if she was playing!

2 hours ago, tamar.man said:

Did not attend but been told by someone who did ,  st Dennis  had a stand in 16 year old keeper who looked 12 years old ,and his old granny  could of scored ,if she was playing!

You aint wrong 👀👀😂

1 hour ago, FootballChat said:

Only shout when you score! 
Been awfully quiet for the first few months of a barren season 😂

Tbf missed a few games start of the season signed for a new team just slotting in nicely with a good group 👌👌 ,, before yesterday had 5 in 7 tho 😅😅now 10 in 8 so not too shabbyyy 👀👀😂😂cheers 

Well done Waltz, as any striker who’s played a bit will tell you, any goal at SWPL level is a good one regardless of who it’s against! Thought you looked really sharp the game I watched you at Dobwalls, didn’t think the goals would be too far away including the two headers that night 👏🏼👊🏼 Said to Deacs on the podcast last week after he spoke to Shaun reckon you’ll score 25+ and Cally will go on a run sometime soon. Hope you go on and have a good injury free season 👍️ Regards to dad please mate 👊🏼

Liskeard 4 Mullion 1

As easy as the score suggests. Mullion  scored from their only chance - a nice Tripconey finish after outpacing a defender on a through ball and calmly finishing. The Blues created several chances in the first half and should have been more than 2-0 ahead. A smart Lorenz finish and a neat flick by Dan Jennings got them to half time. Of the chances missed the worst was a Lorenz penalty well saved by the visiting goalkeeper.  Blues also had a goal chalked off.

The intensity dipped a bit in the second half. Liskeard still on top, still comfortable, still probing. Thorp made it 3-0 from a spot kick, with the Mullion score being followed by an excellent cross to see Lorenz score from close in.

Some lovely football at times from the Lux Park boys. I don’t know if they are better than Blazey, but when on song surely the easiest on the eye team in SWPL West?

An interesting test at Wadebridge on Wednesday awaits.

Dobwalls 2 Penzance 1

This was not the best game that I have seen this season, the hosts had a number of regulars missing and it showed.

The hosts squandered early chances and against the run of play Kevin Lawrence slotted home for Penzance after an error by the defender.

Dobwalls hit the woodwork twice and levelled when Kelvin Fyneboy headed in a well hit cross.

Dobwalls pressed more in the second half but couldn't break the deadlock until one of the Dobwalls youngsters Charlie ? received a pass from Fyneboy and evaded two defenders to fire into the top corner to extend their unbeaten league run.

I heard that Dobwalls have re-signed a couple of players who had left to try their luck elsewhere, if correct it will strengthen the squad considerably?