Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

County Intermediate Cup Second Round Saturday 8-10-2022


Recommended Posts

Going anywhere exciting this weekend?
Intermediate Cup
2ND ROUND
8-10-22
Foxhole Stars v St Day
Hayle v Altarnun
Illogan RBL v Roche
Liskeard Athletic Reserves v St Minver
Looe Town v Kilkhampton
Mullion Reserves v Pendeen Rovers
Nanpean Rovers v Millbrook Reserves
Penryn Athletic v St Just
Polperro v Porthleven
Praze v Torpoint Athletic Reserves
Redruth United v Helston Athletic Reserves
St Columb Major v Saltash United Reserves
St Dominick v Mousehole Delelopment
St Newlyn East v Morwenstow
Sticker Reserves v Gunnislake
Truro City Reserves v Perranwell
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • cornishteddyboy changed the title to County Intermediate Cup Second Round Saturday 8-10-2022
On 04/10/2022 at 15:50, cornishteddyboy said:
Going anywhere exciting this weekend?
Intermediate Cup
2ND ROUND
8-10-22
Foxhole Stars v St Day
Hayle v Altarnun
Illogan RBL v Roche
Liskeard Athletic Reserves v St Minver
Looe Town v Kilkhampton
Mullion Reserves v Pendeen Rovers
Nanpean Rovers v Millbrook Reserves
Penryn Athletic v St Just
Polperro v Porthleven
Praze v Torpoint Athletic Reserves
Redruth United v Helston Athletic Reserves
St Columb Major v Saltash United Reserves
St Dominick v Mousehole Delelopment
St Newlyn East v Morwenstow
Sticker Reserves v Gunnislake
Truro City Reserves v Perranwell

Liskeard is Tuesday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saturday 8th October 2022

Foxhole 3 (Beresford 8, Rowe pen 44, Jowan Dingle 90) St Day 1 (Hart 71)

Magnificent Foxhole stunned their high-flying St Piran opponents with a scintillating display. The victory really should have been even more emphatic, as they somehow squandered four second-half one-on-ones, their finishing in stark contrast to their incisive approach play. Beresford opened the scoring, drilling a daisy-cutter low to the right of Parker-Billinge, prompting the visitors to briefly enjoy their best spell of the game. However, despite some dangerous looking crosses, May was never unduly threatened, his defence offering steadfast protection, while the Foxes always looked capable of adding to their tally. The second duly arrived on the stroke of half-time, albeit with a contentious penalty awarded for a trip on Rowe, who blasted home straight down the middle. Rowe's mishit effort then struck the woodwork before it appeared they would rue their profligacy when Hart headed in Sleeman's inviting centre, but it would have been extremely harsh on the dominant Foxes if a header from Williams, by now donning the gloves but up for a corner, had found the net instead of bouncing off a post into the grateful arms of May. At the death, Dingle burst clear to secure a famous win. 

Foxhole (4-3-3): Stewart May; Brodie Mitchell, Luke Damerell, Angel Coates, Lee Rickard; Aidan Dingle, Jake Couch, Aaron Beresford; Tim Peers, Courtney Rowe, Benno Bould. Subs: Jowan Dingle, Levi Kerrigan, Carl Rickard, Oliver Deadman.

St Day: Steve Parker-Billinge, Rob Wearne, Ben Williams, Bryan Hawke, Chris Dobson, Jowan Kitchener, Justin Miles, Martin Sleeman, Luke Johnson, Gavin Boon, Luke Hart. Subs: Kyle Friendship, Ben Murphy, Matt Stephens.

Well played the super Foxes. Good luck to St Day. Many thanks to Alan Howells and the visiting lino.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FOXHOLE   (2)  3               Beresford 10’   Rowe 44’(P)   Dingle 90+4’

ST.DAY   (0)  1                    Hart 72’

ATT  70

 

Enjoyable cup tie today at Goverseth, beautiful 21c weather and a decent looking playing surface, with two evenly matched teams producing plenty of action. Nice to see Darren and Adie, both still working hard for their clubs and two of the fairest club linesmen you’re ever likely to see in one game! Adie even took a bit of stick from his own defence 2nd half for not putting his flag up but he was spot on and having none of it!! 👏🏼 Thought the ref Mr  Alan Howells had a good solid game, taking no back chat and talking to the players by name, explaining his decisions, looked the part as well, like a mini Collina, couldn’t help but like him. 👍👏🏼
 

The match sparked into life in the 10th minute with a great strike by Aaron “doodles” Beresford from the edge of the area clipping a post on the way in. It was fairly even and end to end without too many chances of note with home defenders Lee Rickard and Angel Coates and away defence of Luke Hart and Justin Miles snuffing out almost everything thrown at them with good positional play and defending. Hart headed into the side netting from a left sided free kick to the far post in the 27th minute before the hosts doubled their lead with a softish looking foul on Courtney Rowe was adjudged a penalty and Rowe smashed his penalty down the middle right on half time. 
 

9 minutes into the 2nd half great work down the right by Tim Peers saw him pick out a perfect pass to Rowe at the far post 8 yards from goal but he could  only find the outside of the post. On the hour mark Benno Bould raced clear but Steve Parker-Billinge made himself big to save before the visitors had the ball in the net on 65’ disallowed for offside against Martin Sleeman with no real arguments. Sub Jowan Dingle looking lively as soon as he was introduced sprang the offside trap but Parker-Billenge repeated the trick again saving one on one. The Saints gave themselves a lifeline when big centre half Hart showed the predatory instincts of his dad Adie a regular goalscorer in his prime nipping in at the near post to finish well with 20 odd minutes left on the clock.

The last 15 minutes was proper cup tie action as the limping overworked Parker-Billinge had to replaced in goal by outfield player Ben Williams and a minute later a dangerous ball in from the right saw a Foxes defender head against the underside of his own crossbar for a lucky escape! The mercurial Bould broke clear again after a sublime touch out of the air but shot well over the bar under pressure from the defender. Watched Benno a good few times now and got to say one minute he looks like a world beater and the next minute like a panel beater!! 😀👍 2 minutes into time added on the visitors swung in a corner and sub keeper Williams up leaving his goal empty produced a superb header that looked in all the way but crashed off the inside of the post for Foxhole to frantically clear their lines and two minutes later it was game over as the impressive Dingle ran clear from the halfway line with just the exposed Williams the only player left back in his own half to beat. With two players square to his left in front of goal Dingle decided to take the chance himself and side foot the ball inside the near post to clinch a place in Wednesdays hat, a draw you can see live on the Cornwall FA Facebook channel at 4.30pm if you wish!?  On this form I think they would be a good team to avoid after knocking out their higher league opponents today and deservedly so over the 90 minutes I thought although both teams made it a real good and entertaining cup tie to watch I thought. 
 

The league is probably the priority for the St.Day team and management this season with the league restructuring coming up at the end of the season but as far as this cup goes don’t write this Foxhole side off, the East Cornwall Premier league team capable of going all the way I would have thought after this performance. An entertaining afternoons football 👍👏🏼

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

FOXHOLE   (2)  3               Beresford 10’   Rowe 44’(P)   Dingle 90+4’

ST.DAY   (0)  1                    Hart 72’

ATT  70

 

Enjoyable cup tie today at Goverseth, beautiful 21c weather and a decent looking playing surface, with two evenly matched teams producing plenty of action. Nice to see Darren and Adie, both still working hard for their clubs and two of the fairest club linesmen you’re ever likely to see in one game! Adie even took a bit of stick from his own defence 2nd half for not putting his flag up but he was spot on and having none of it!! 👏🏼 Thought the ref Mr  Alan Howells had a good solid game, taking no back chat and talking to the players by name, explaining his decisions, looked the part as well, like a mini Collina, couldn’t help but like him. 👍👏🏼
 

The match sparked into life in the 10th minute with a great strike by Aaron “doodles” Beresford from the edge of the area clipping a post on the way in. It was fairly even and end to end without too many chances of note with home defenders Lee Rickard and Angel Coates and away defence of Luke Hart and Justin Miles snuffing out almost everything thrown at them with good positional play and defending. Hart headed into the side netting from a left sided free kick to the far post in the 27th minute before the hosts doubled their lead with a softish looking foul on Courtney Rowe was adjudged a penalty and Rowe smashed his penalty down the middle right on half time. 
 

9 minutes into the 2nd half great work down the right by Tim Peers saw him pick out a perfect pass to Rowe at the far post 8 yards from goal but he could  only find the outside of the post. On the hour mark Benno Bould raced clear but Steve Parker-Billinge made himself big to save before the visitors had the ball in the net on 65’ disallowed for offside against Martin Sleeman with no real arguments. Sub Jowan Dingle looking lively as soon as he was introduced sprang the offside trap but Parker-Billenge repeated the trick again saving one on one. The Saints gave themselves a lifeline when big centre half Hart showed the predatory instincts of his dad Adie a regular goalscorer in his prime nipping in at the near post to finish well with 20 odd minutes left on the clock.

The last 15 minutes was proper cup tie action as the limping overworked Parker-Billinge had to replaced in goal by outfield player Ben Williams and a minute later a dangerous ball in from the right saw a Foxes defender head against the underside of his own crossbar for a lucky escape! The mercurial Bould broke clear again after a sublime touch out of the air but shot well over the bar under pressure from the defender. Watched Benno a good few times now and got to say one minute he looks like a world beater and the next minute like a panel beater!! 😀👍 2 minutes into time added on the visitors swung in a corner and sub keeper Williams up leaving his goal empty produced a superb header that looked in all the way but crashed off the inside of the post for Foxhole to frantically clear their lines and two minutes later it was game over as the impressive Dingle ran clear from the halfway line with just the exposed Williams the only player left back in his own half to beat. With two players square to his left in front of goal Dingle decided to take the chance himself and side foot the ball inside the near post to clinch a place in Wednesdays hat, a draw you can see live on the Cornwall FA Facebook channel at 4.30pm if you wish!?  On this form I think they would be a good team to avoid after knocking out their higher league opponents today and deservedly so over the 90 minutes I thought although both teams made it a real good and entertaining cup tie to watch I thought. 
 

The league is probably the priority for the St.Day team and management this season with the league restructuring coming up at the end of the season but as far as this cup goes don’t write this Foxhole side off, the East Cornwall Premier league team capable of going all the way I would have thought after this performance. An entertaining afternoons football 👍👏🏼

Great report Rappo. Hit me up for all your panel beating needs. 🦊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Praze 3-2 Torpoint 2nds

 

2-0 down, and won the game with 20 to spare!

A game that was very even throughout in the middle third but could’ve and probably should’ve been a higher scoring game!

Suprised to see Jason Peters in goal for a st pirans side, thought he was the first team keeper? Genuine question and not a dig..

An entertaining game to be a part of! The underdogs move onto the next round of the cup!

 

Alex Zam
Harry Badcock
Jacob Paull

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, ArseneWanger said:

Praze 3-2 Torpoint 2nds

 

2-0 down, and won the game with 20 to spare!

A game that was very even throughout in the middle third but could’ve and probably should’ve been a higher scoring game!

Suprised to see Jason Peters in goal for a st pirans side, thought he was the first team keeper? Genuine question and not a dig..

An entertaining game to be a part of! The underdogs move onto the next round of the cup!

 

Alex Zam
Harry Badcock
Jacob Paull

Current 2nd team keeper is away in America on holiday as well as suspended after a red card in the earlier round vs Culdrose. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Benno_JB13 said:

Great report Rappo. Hit me up for all your panel beating needs. 🦊

The one near the end that got blasted at you and you pulled it out the air into your stride on the volley was worth the entrance fee alone Benno! 👊🏼👏🏼👍️ They’d be raving about that on MOTD tonight!! Well played mate, good game to watch 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went over to watch foxhole today as st newlyn east had no game due to morwenstow not being able to raise a side. What a great cup tie, foxhole much the better and wiser team, you wouldn’t believe players from st day are being “paid” the influential beresford opened the scoring and after that the baby wolfs didn’t look back. Rowe went down after a very slow stepping over for the second. Foxhole sured up their defence moving the solid Damerell from LB to CB my MOM. Foxhole showing their worth I can only imagine manager couch is looking after his talented squad. $$

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, StarMan42 said:

Went over to watch foxhole today as st newlyn east had no game due to morwenstow not being able to raise a side. What a great cup tie, foxhole much the better and wiser team, you wouldn’t believe players from st day are being “paid” the influential beresford opened the scoring and after that the baby wolfs didn’t look back. Rowe went down after a very slow stepping over for the second. Foxhole sured up their defence moving the solid Damerell from LB to CB my MOM. Foxhole showing their worth I can only imagine manager couch is looking after his talented squad. $$

Is this u dammers 🤣🤣

13 hours ago, dave bunt said:

I can assure everyone, there is no money being paid at Foxhole. All the players are here to play for the club & manager.

Dave Bunt

Foxhole Stars Secretary 

Whetters was paying for his duchy team Bunty 👀👀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...