Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 1 October 2022


Recommended Posts

EAST 

Axminster Town  0-2      Ivybridge Town 

Bovey Tracey      4-0      Sidmouth Town 

Cullompton Rangers    4-2      Torrington 

Elmore                 3-0             Holsworthy 

Honiton Town  1-2   Newton Abbot Spurs 

Okehampton Argyle      0-2      Brixham 

Plymouth Marjon    1-2            Dartmouth 

Teignmouth     0-1          Crediton United 

Torridgeside              3-3         Bridport 

 

WEST 

AFC St Austell  0-6         Liskeard Athletic 

Callington Town     3-0           Sticker 

Camelford             6-1          Penzance 

Mullion                   3-4           Newquay 

St Dennis          2-1     Godolphin Atlantic

Wadebridge Town  0-1           Bude Town 

Wendron United  1-1            Bodmin Town
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 1 October 2022

Went to Wadebridge this afternoon to watch them vs Bude ,not the prettiest of  games i thought the Bridger where poor today and badly missed there midfield player Chris Reski 

Rob Rosevears clean sheet came to a end when Tornado Bello who scored the only goal of the scrappy game even the goal wasnt very pretty a goalmouth scramble where Wadebridge should of cleared the danger but the Tornado struck and stuck the ball away .

Not a lot you can say about the match Bude deserved tow in they where well organised and worked well as a team the 2 outstanding players for me where Josh Baxter and Baga Mariko , but they are a good hard working teamwho dont play the prettiest football but they will cause a lot of teams a lot of problems who knows in May they could be league Champions but you got to fancy Wendron and Liskeard have hit some form now while Blazey have lost a bit of theres until they come to Godolphin Way next weekend and dread to think how may they will score then .

Was nice to meet Mark i dont call him Rappo hes always been Mark to me ,he was up on the bank with his missus she was taking the photos good job it was a nice day , he was kind enough to get me the team list of the Bude players i took 275 photos today job tmmrw sorting them out and editing them thats tmmrw sorted as well as watchin Man UTD beating City very doubtful 

Well done Bude deserved your win and credit to you for doing so well in your 1st seasonin this league this was your 1st test against a top side and you passed with flying colours MOM for me JOSH BAXTER .and for WADEBRIDGE CHARLIE WILLIS and the ref did ok and took no nonsense and booked severel players . I predicted Wadebridge would win 4-1 how wrong was i but i did get the G result right in the week when i said Liskeard would win 4-0 but i got todays result badly wrong .

Onto next weeks match the G VS BLAZEY 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WADEBRIDGE  (0)  0

BUDE TOWN  (1)  1      Bello 44’

ATT  107

 

After last nights shock result at Blazey, both teams went into this 2nd v 3rd clash knowing a win would take them above the current leaders to the top of the league. The hosts started the brighter winning a couple of free kicks on the edge of the area with captain Tom Strike in the 8h minute and Matt Lloyd in the 14th both having their well struck efforts turned around the same post by visiting keeper Liam Hill. Home keeper Rob Rosevear made a fine low save to his right from Billy Hopcroft in the 21st minute, and repeated the act on the half hour this time to his left. Charlie Willis got in on the right but blasted a volley straight at Hill from 15 yards. Bude forced a few corners that were dealt with well by the hosts before Jack Rapsey glided past a couple defenders down the right before clipping an inch perfect ball to the far post but the in form in front of goal Jacob Smale already on 7 goals for the season uncharacteristically volleyed over the bar from 5 yards. As if to make the golden chance even worse Bude scored right on half time 3 minutes later with their next attack when Tornado Bello wriggled free on the right to shoot across Rosevear from 10 yards to end Robs fine record of not conceding a league goal for 594 minutes. 
 

Bude started the 2nd half on the front foot and Bello miskicked in front of goal 8 yards out after a cross from the right from the impressive Josh Baxter overlapping all afternoon from right back. Fine last ditch blocks and clearances from Tom Harris and Cory Sargent in the home back line prevented further opportunities for the visitors. A cross from the right on 65 minutes saw Hopcroft flick the ball wide of the far post. Wadebridge boss Paul Rowe utilised all his bench trying to spark his team into life but without the promptings of the injured Chris Reski the Bridgers failed to create a meaningful chance all 2nd half and didn’t have a shot on target to test Hill. A great last ditch challenge from Tom McLachlan prevented Bello from adding to his tally before Morgan Vallejo did try a shot from just outside the area which curled wide of the target. Muhammad Mahmoud headed wide when well placed from a corner and as Wadebridge threw players forward Bello broke to play in Ryan White but Rosevear from sharp off his line to block. Budes time wasting tactics and constant moaning at the ref was nearly as annoying as several players dropping with fake cramp in the last 10 or 15 minutes but it did the trick for them of killing the game and taking away the 3 points from a game that never really lived up to the billing on the day in the swirling wind. If I had to pick a man of the match today I would go for Budes Baxter, great defending to keep Smale fairly quiet and got forward to add to their attacks out wide whenever possible.
 

After the weekends results it certainly makes the league table interesting reading, you could probably throw a blanket over the top 6 with a third of the season played. Early favourites Blazey and Liskeard are not surprisingly up there, with surprise packages Bude and Mullion exceeding all expectations, along with Wendron and Wadebridge who both had a disappointing day but have already shown enough to suggest they’ll be right in the mix, add the likes of St.Austell and Newquay to that and who knows with Dane at Bodmin now, I think we’ve still got a pretty exciting season to look forward to in the South West Peninsula League West. Good to see Steve and Smokey there watching, shame he picked today to watch the Bridgers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haha probably tried to make it sound a better game than it was Steve!? A bit bitty and stop start but well done to Bude on the day for that, difficult team to play against. Thanks for the photo with Smokie mate, he’s a lovely little chap bless him 😍👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Went to Wadebridge this afternoon to watch them vs Bude ,not the prettiest of  games i thought the Bridger where poor today and badly missed there midfield player Chris Reski 

Rob Rosevears clean sheet came to a end when Tornado Bello who scored the only goal of the scrappy game even the goal wasnt very pretty a goalmouth scramble where Wadebridge should of cleared the danger but the Tornado struck and stuck the ball away .

Not a lot you can say about the match Bude deserved tow in they where well organised and worked well as a team the 2 outstanding players for me where Josh Baxter and Baga Mariko , but they are a good hard working teamwho dont play the prettiest football but they will cause a lot of teams a lot of problems who knows in May they could be league Champions but you got to fancy Wendron and Liskeard have hit some form now while Blazey have lost a bit of theres until they come to Godolphin Way next weekend and dread to think how may they will score then .

Was nice to meet Mark i dont call him Rappo hes always been Mark to me ,he was up on the bank with his missus she was taking the photos good job it was a nice day , he was kind enough to get me the team list of the Bude players i took 275 photos today job tmmrw sorting them out and editing them thats tmmrw sorted as well as watchin Man UTD beating City very doubtful 

Well done Bude deserved your win and credit to you for doing so well in your 1st seasonin this league this was your 1st test against a top side and you passed with flying colours MOM for me JOSH BAXTER .and for WADEBRIDGE CHARLIE WILLIS and the ref did ok and took no nonsense and booked severel players . I predicted Wadebridge would win 4-1 how wrong was i but i did get the G result right in the week when i said Liskeard would win 4-0 but i got todays result badly wrong .

Onto next weeks match the G VS BLAZEY 

I echo this, fear for our G, 1 win in 8, lost the last 5 and don’t actually see anything change each time, shipping goals for fun also, I haven’t enjoyed my afternoons and evenings there this season. We’ve actually got worse this season and looked awful everytime I’ve watched us. Struggling to see what the new managers bringing. In a plus though I’m delighted to see the peppermints recent form, really enjoyed watching the young chaps in recent weeks and another big performance today I see. 
 

I’ll be there hopefully to watch Blazey at the G, praying for the G though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/09/2022 at 18:57, Dave Deacon said:

EAST 

Axminster Town  0-2      Ivybridge Town 

Bovey Tracey      4-0      Sidmouth Town 

Cullompton Rangers    4-2      Torrington 

Elmore                 3-0             Holsworthy 

Honiton Town  1-2   Newton Abbot Spurs 

Okehampton Argyle      0-2      Brixham 

Plymouth Marjon    1-2            Dartmouth 

Teignmouth     0-1          Crediton United 

Torridgeside              3-3         Bridport 

 

WEST 

AFC St Austell  0-6         Liskeard Athletic 

Callington Town     3-0           Sticker 

Camelford             6-1          Penzance 

Mullion                   3-4           Newquay 

St Dennis          2-1     Godolphin Atlantic

Wadebridge Town  0-1           Bude Town 

Wendron United  1-1            Bodmin Town

Went to st Dennis Vs G. G much better than showed today. However, can we talk about NQY? Heard NQY lost players to Bodmin and they still beat Mullion!!!!!! Great result NQY, hard luck G, keep going!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just seen that the G lost again started off ao well when Harry took over but now its gone back to there old ways of losing all the time mustbe something wrong there somewhere dont think the G can get relegated this year but how can a team go from playing brilliant 1 week to playing so bad the next must be a confidence thing .

Got Blazey at Godolphin Way next Saturday and if River Allen is fit to play after the London Marathon it could be double figures Eddy and CLOKE must be looking forward to this match already .

What a game Newquay must of been losing 3-0 to Mullion and coming back and winning 4-3 i heard Cam TURNER was on fire with his free kicks today 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RAPPO said:

WADEBRIDGE  (0)  0

BUDE TOWN  (1)  1      Bello 44’

ATT  107

 

After last nights shock result at Blazey, both teams went into this 2nd v 3rd clash knowing a win would take them above the current leaders to the top of the league. The hosts started the brighter winning a couple of free kicks on the edge of the area with captain Tom Strike in the 8h minute and Matt Lloyd in the 14th both having their well struck efforts turned around the same post by visiting keeper Liam Hill. Home keeper Rob Rosevear made a fine low save to his right from Billy Hopcroft in the 21st minute, and repeated the act on the half hour this time to his left. Charlie Willis got in on the right but blasted a volley straight at Hill from 15 yards. Bude forced a few corners that were dealt with well by the hosts before Jack Rapsey glided past a couple defenders down the right before clipping an inch perfect ball to the far post but the in form in front of goal Jacob Smale already on 7 goals for the season uncharacteristically volleyed over the bar from 5 yards. As if to make the golden chance even worse Bude scored right on half time 3 minutes later with their next attack when Tornado Bello wriggled free on the right to shoot across Rosevear from 10 yards to end Robs fine record of not conceding a league goal for 594 minutes. 
 

Bude started the 2nd half on the front foot and Bello miskicked in front of goal 8 yards out after a cross from the right from the impressive Josh Baxter overlapping all afternoon from right back. Fine last ditch blocks and clearances from Tom Harris and Cory Sargent in the home back line prevented further opportunities for the visitors. A cross from the right on 65 minutes saw Hopcroft flick the ball wide of the far post. Wadebridge boss Paul Rowe utilised all his bench trying to spark his team into life but without the promptings of the injured Chris Reski the Bridgers failed to create a meaningful chance all 2nd half and didn’t have a shot on target to test Hill. A great last ditch challenge from Tom McLachlan prevented Bello from adding to his tally before Morgan Vallejo did try a shot from just outside the area which curled wide of the target. Muhammad Mahmoud headed wide when well placed from a corner and as Wadebridge threw players forward Bello broke to play in Ryan White but Rosevear from sharp off his line to block. Budes time wasting tactics and constant moaning at the ref was nearly as annoying as several players dropping with fake cramp in the last 10 or 15 minutes but it did the trick for them of killing the game and taking away the 3 points from a game that never really lived up to the billing on the day in the swirling wind. If I had to pick a man of the match today I would go for Budes Baxter, great defending to keep Smale fairly quiet and got forward to add to their attacks out wide whenever possible.
 

After the weekends results it certainly makes the league table interesting reading, you could probably throw a blanket over the top 6 with a third of the season played. Early favourites Blazey and Liskeard are not surprisingly up there, with surprise packages Bude and Mullion exceeding all expectations, along with Wendron and Wadebridge who both had a disappointing day but have already shown enough to suggest they’ll be right in the mix, add the likes of St.Austell and Newquay to that and who knows with Dane at Bodmin now, I think we’ve still got a pretty exciting season to look forward to in the South West Peninsula League West. Good to see Steve and Smokey there watching, shame he picked today to watch the Bridgers!

Constant moaning at the ref 😂you can see it on Wadebridge Veo live mistakes after mistakes they don’t really help them selves for both sides he was very poor ,and instead of talking to players he was screaming and shouting in there faces clean tackles given for fouls , one of the  players got a yellow card as he was walking along the ref thought he was walking slow to be subbed off and it wasn’t even that player being subbed so booked him for no reason , the ref told players (you think your hard Il see you after the game ) he completely lost his head and wasn’t good enough for that game , it’s a shame really the refs were better in the st pirans league and now we have to pay more for these ones , the women official done really well and helped the referee make decisions which were clear to give but he wasn’t going to give it , one incident budes cb won a clean tackle the ball went out for a Wadebridge through he was last man and the ref gave a yelllow to the Bude defender , if he was last man it should of been a red but he realised he made a mistake and just gave a yellow 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree dont know how that Bude player stayed on the field he was the last man a clear foul but just booked the lineswomen in front of me was being overuled by the ref all the time clear corner kicks he was given  goal kicks and Tornado Bello booked for just saying his opinion he never swore at the ref i heard him he said excuse me ref i think you got that decision wrong and he was booked the ref seemed to be dishing out lots of yellows but the Bude players did seem to crowd around the ref but he was shouting at them didnt think this was 1 of the better refs didnt play the advantage rule at all . 

I like it when the ref is not even noticed wll Mr Jonathan Green you made sure you was noticed 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got to be honest I didn’t really want to drag another ref into another slagging off/slanging match like the Falmouth v Mousehole game the other evening. I’m sure the ref has had better games in his career but didn’t think it helped getting on his case from the 1st minute! Not saying it was all Bude players but they did it more in his face in numbers. He looked a bit antagonised at times which maybe why he had a go back? Nobody likes to be shouted at do they? Although there did seem to be a few cheap yellows flying about in the 2nd half. Not the easiest game to ref with a few antics going on but probably best to leave it there although as Steve rightly says you don’t tend to notice the ref when he’s had a good game and I think the best refs are the ones that have a bit of a chat and banter with the players and become part of it rather than outside of it. Agreed the female assistant was spot on 👍👏🏼

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Ben potter said:

I’ve wrote a report just saying the truth if people don’t say anything how can things get better 

This was are player who done a last man tackle he won the ball the Wadebridge player went over  but the ref gave a booking if it was a foul should of been a red you can see he was last man on there 0826F953-7E92-4801-B77A-C0C0CA3409E0.thumb.jpeg.6aa143084a9e49e6c30614bb708618af.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RAPPO said:

Got to be honest I didn’t really want to drag another ref into another slagging off/slanging match like the Falmouth v Mousehole game the other evening. I’m sure the ref has had better games in his career but didn’t think it helped getting on his case from the 1st minute! Not saying it was all Bude players but they did it more in his face in numbers. He looked a bit antagonised at times which maybe why he had a go back? Nobody likes to be shouted at do they? Although there did seem to be a few cheap yellows flying about in the 2nd half. Not the easiest game to ref with a few antics going on but probably best to leave it there although as Steve rightly says you don’t tend to notice the ref when he’s had a good game and I think the best refs are the ones that have a bit of a chat and banter with the players and become part of it rather than outside of it. Agreed the female assistant was spot on 👍👏🏼

Watched Blazey v Dobwalls ref had a good game. Witnessed the Dobwalls manager having ago at his players shouting at them to surround the referee, when he was making decisions, what chance does the ref have when players are encouraged to behave like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is a really tough job, don’t know why but I’ve taken a lot more notice of the refs this season and come to the conclusion they can’t really win. Don’t know if I was lucky in my 20 odd SWL seasons but we seemed to have a lot of good refs around then who we were on first name terms with and great blokes like Bruce Taylor and Gerald Searle just to name a couple who would have a laugh with you but knew when to be serious. Think the officials take a bit more grief these days than they maybe did back then? Not saying we were gentlemen by any means though. Take yesterday as an example, Ben thought the last man challenge the defender got the ball, I was almost in line and thought he got a bit of the ball but more of the man from behind and Steve who was a neutral and bang in line on the other side of the pitch thought it was a foul and a red card. 3 different versions and the ref got about 3 seconds to make his decision. It’s natural to be a little bit biased towards our own team but I think it might be time to give the refs a bit of a break even though it’s frustrating at times. Be nice if when we see a good refereeing performance we mention it on here as much as we seem to talk about the bad games. I’m sure they don’t go out before kick off to ruin a game for players, benches and spectators. They want to enjoy a match as much as anyone. Take my hat off to them to be honest, think we’re too quick to criticise sometimes! How about well done ref for that great advantage back there!? We’re all only human after all, as the song goes!! 😀👍👊🏼

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let’s take it out on the referee!! 5mins in he was shouted at spoken to like a piece of dirt. The moment he says something back he is the worst referee in the world. I’ve watched better junior games than wadebridge vs bude. Both teams spent 90mins playing the long ball, didn’t play any nice football but lets not talk about that let’s bash the referee to hide the fact that the players on the pitch were awful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ben potter said:

This was are player who done a last man tackle he won the ball the Wadebridge player went over  but the ref gave a booking if it was a foul should of been a red you can see he was last man on there 0826F953-7E92-4801-B77A-C0C0CA3409E0.thumb.jpeg.6aa143084a9e49e6c30614bb708618af.jpeg

How many screen shots of players giving the ball away or missing chances have you got ?? Sure they be straight back in your team next week or do you write reports on them ?? .  Honestly. As mentioned above  there were 3 different angles of that 1 decision and all 3 people gave a different answer so give the ref some slack for giving what he thought was correct.  Seems to be a weekly thing now ref bashing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do some on this forum  think referees should be exempt from criticism so long as it doesn’t cross the line.  To be clear I’m not advocating abuse but discussing of a referee performance should be no different to a player.  
 

This attitude that you can’t say anything about a refereeing performance is ridiculous 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Hetty said:

Why do referees think they should be exempt from criticism.  Players and managers get it both take their share of it.  To be clear I’m not advocating abuse but discussing of a referee performance should be no different to a player.  
 

This attitude that you can’t say anything about a refereeing performance is ridiculous 

Yea it’s ok for people to discuss players on here but not referees 😂, if referees get abuse on the pitch they’ve got tools they can use to sort it , ie sin bin , but they don’t , if I was reffing and someone come and swore at me just send him off for 10 mins he won’t do it again as he’s letting his team down,people say about losing  more and more refs , how about teams losing players as there falling out of love with the game  with constant wrong simple decisions being made your seeing alot more grassroots clubs folding 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Hetty said:

Why do referees think they should be exempt from criticism.  Players and managers get it both take their share of it.  To be clear I’m not advocating abuse but discussing of a referee performance should be no different to a player.  
 

This attitude that you can’t say anything about a refereeing performance is ridiculous 

Nobody has ever said you can’t give feedback on a referees performance. It just needs to be done in a respectful way. If you’re part of the club management/committee then you should also reflect your views in the offices marking procedure rather than making personally offensive comments on a forum. 
 

However, players do not get the same levels of criticism.

I watched a game yesterday where the home side conceded their 2nd goal through some atrocious defending from the centre half. The shouts across the pitch from his team mates were along the lines of “head up, go again, don’t worry”.

In the same game the referee and assistant gave a tight throw in decision to the defending side (away) and you’d think they committed murder.

On the same point, I think managers get unwarranted flack too. A recent example is Matt Hayden (I’m guilty of this too). 
 

Ultimately we all need to remember that we’re all involved in local football for the same reason - we love the sport. If we all treat each other with a little more kindness, respect and understand that everyone involved will make errors (none of us going to the World Cup!) then a football pitch will be a far more pleasant place.

18 minutes ago, Ben potter said:

Yea it’s ok for people to discuss players on here but not referees 😂, if referees get abuse on the pitch they’ve got tools they can use to sort it , ie sin bin , but they don’t , if I was reffing and someone come and swore at me just send him off for 10 mins he won’t do it again as he’s letting his team down,people say about losing  more and more refs , how about teams losing players as there falling out of love with the game  with constant wrong simple decisions being made your seeing alot more grassroots clubs folding 

So you’re insisting that the referee should take reactive measures to deal with an issue rather the players, managers and clubs taking proactive measures to address their behaviour in the first place?

If a referee were to take the stance you’ve mentioned and ended up sin binning 4 players. Do you think everyone would come on here singing their praises or slagging them off for ruining a game? (see the recent thread on the Falmouth vs Mousehole game)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

Nobody has ever said you can’t give feedback on a referees performance. It just needs to be done in a respectful way. If you’re part of the club management/committee then you should also reflect your views in the offices marking procedure rather than making personally offensive comments on a forum. 
 

However, players do not get the same levels of criticism.

I watched a game yesterday where the home side conceded their 2nd goal through some atrocious defending from the centre half. The shouts across the pitch from his team mates were along the lines of “head up, go again, don’t worry”.

In the same game the referee and assistant gave a tight throw in decision to the defending side (away) and you’d think they committed murder.

On the same point, I think managers get unwarranted flack too. A recent example is Matt Hayden (I’m guilty of this too). 
 

Ultimately we all need to remember that we’re all involved in local football for the same reason - we love the sport. If we all treat each other with a little more kindness, respect and understand that everyone involved will make errors (none of us going to the World Cup!) then a football pitch will be a far more pleasant place.

Agree.  However someone mentions the referee and they get jumped all over.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hetty said:

Agree.  However someone mentions the referee and they get jumped all over.  

Due to way this thread and previous threads have developed I’m afraid. 
Whilst one person might make a respectful comment that they disagreed with a few decisions. You then invariably get someone else follow that up with a comment about how the referee should never referee again or how their performance was embarrassing and the referee gets named and shamed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have taken a lot of notice of refs this season and the majority of reports i put on here i say the ref is excellent i think this is only the 2nd report where i have said the ref is poor what is the point of having a linesman when the ref is going to overule nearly every decision like yesterday the lady linesman was really good there was clear corner kicks she said where and ref said goalkick at least 4 in front of me 

I think the reason the Bude playing wasnt sent off was he wasnt straight on goal but at a angle but he should still of got a red 

Okay end of Ref Bashing without them we wouldnt have a match to watch

I have seen Graham Rickard ref severel games and he has been excellent plays the advantage a lot and has a word with the player before he decides to book them or not 

Hoping theres going to be a good ref in charge aT Godolphin way this coming weekend think hes going to have his work cut out and that will be just keeping a eye on Paul and the Blazey supporters and Godolphin manager Harry Pope may question some decisions 

Ok lets be nice to refs 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You probably want to get your eyes checked. I don’t remember seeing the ref over rule the lines lady once. She gave corners and he went with them. 
Granted you were right behind her but I don’t recall the over ruling. 
The only time he didn’t follow through was offsides when the ball went through to the keeper. 
If he was so poor why didn’t you put this in your match report yesterday? 
 As for Godolphin, you can’t sit and say that they are at South Western standard and if they loose that’ll be the refs fault as well? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Facts said:

You probably want to get your eyes checked. I don’t remember seeing the ref over rule the lines lady once. She gave corners and he went with them. 
Granted you were right behind her but I don’t recall the over ruling. 
The only time he didn’t follow through was offsides when the ball went through to the keeper. 
If he was so poor why didn’t you put this in your match report yesterday? 
 As for Godolphin, you can’t sit and say that they are at South Western standard and if they loose that’ll be the refs fault as well? 

Hurts to agree as a G supporter but the ref's are not the reason we have been so awful this season. A few bad decisions yes,  but it's that way for everyone of the teams with matches i've managed to take in this season. Personally I'm failing to see what the manager is bringing, this is the worst i've seen the G in a long time, its not the results its the actual lack of idea whats going on or anything changing week in week out. They only start playing in the last 20 minutes of games, and that is usually when the subs come on.

So happy though the young chaps have come good at Newquay, after a difficult start they have really turned it around, you can see an actual management style and style of play there that has most likely just taken a few weeks for everyone to adapt to. Also tweaks with the line up is good to see. Big credit coming should go to Newquay manager, well done old boy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ben potter said:

Yea it’s ok for people to discuss players on here but not referees 😂, if referees get abuse on the pitch they’ve got tools they can use to sort it , ie sin bin , but they don’t , if I was reffing and someone come and swore at me just send him off for 10 mins he won’t do it again as he’s letting his team down,people say about losing  more and more refs , how about teams losing players as there falling out of love with the game  with constant wrong simple decisions being made your seeing alot more grassroots clubs folding 

They are crying out for referees so if you think you are better than what you see stop criticising and give it a go, if you do I guarantee you will look at things differently. I refereed well over 100 south western league matches and officiated in just as many western league matches and and some stage I was useless in all of them according to the paying public. Refereeing is not as easy as you think so please don't criticise when not qualified to do so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hoppit said:

They are crying out for referees so if you think you are better than what you see stop criticising and give it a go, if you do I guarantee you will look at things differently. I refereed well over 100 south western league matches and officiated in just as many western league matches and and some stage I was useless in all of them according to the paying public. Refereeing is not as easy as you think so please don't criticise when not qualified to do so.

 

1 hour ago, hoppit said:

They are crying out for referees so if you think you are better than what you see stop criticising and give it a go, if you do I guarantee you will look at things differently. I refereed well over 100 south western league matches and officiated in just as many western league matches and and some stage I was useless in all of them according to the paying public. Refereeing is not as easy as you think so please don't criticise when not qualified to do so.

When did i say I thought I was better ?im just saying a opinion like everyone else , and can’t be to far off when  a member of the fa has watched and criticised it aswell👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ahh ok so what did this member for the F.a have to say for himself ? 
This being said if this referee was awful will the said person be talking to the referee about this game? 
I suppose he said the players were angels and never did a thing wrong . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Hetty said:

Why do some on this forum  think referees should be exempt from criticism so long as it doesn’t cross the line.  To be clear I’m not advocating abuse but discussing of a referee performance should be no different to a player.  
 

This attitude that you can’t say anything about a refereeing performance is ridiculous 

From what I remember this isn’t the first post that bude have publicly knocked a referee as a club that is. You would have thought as they won the game they would just shut up and get into the next game it was a good three points for them. Refs aren’t perfect same as players mistake are there to be made. refs in the prem with all the technology in the world are making plenty of mistakes. Games over move on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cornish leg end said:

From what I remember this isn’t the first post that bude have publicly knocked a referee as a club that is. You would have thought as they won the game they would just shut up and get into the next game it was a good three points for them. Refs aren’t perfect same as players mistake are there to be made. refs in the prem with all the technology in the world are making plenty of mistakes. Games over move on. 

😂😂😂😂😂 whatever mate your allowed to have a opinion it’s not Bude look how many others have said about it , your allowed to have a opinion on things that’s what this forums about 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JonColenzo said:

All I’m going to say is, if I did a job and got paid for it, but didn’t do it very well, I’d expect to hear about it.

maybe not on this forum, but via the correct route.

So if you worked in a restaurant and were awful at your job, would you expect to be verbally abused for the duration of your customers meal by the couple dining, the tables all around and maybe even a few passers by outside the restaurant? 
If I treated a retail worker in the same way a referee is treated I’d have the police called for a public order offence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

So if you worked in a restaurant and were awful at your job, would you expect to be verbally abused for the duration of your customers meal by the couple dining, the tables all around and maybe even a few passers by outside the restaurant? 
If I treated a retail worker in the same way a referee is treated I’d have the police called for a public order offence.

If you were the owner of said restaurant youd surely have to consider whether your employee was up to the job if that many people complained?

im not saying who’s right or wrong, but if your not happy surely complain to the correct people

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here lies the issue. Both teams weren’t on good form yesterday and were both going on at the ref every five minutes. 
There’s only such much a person can take before getting annoyed and rightly so. 
 Neither teams played well yesterday and it was a very bitty.

The refs at the moment are getting threats of video footage against their performances or mistakes. The players that make the stupid tackles, the foul throws, time wasting, dissent don’t get criticised for a week on their performance. 
 

Wadebridge lost- put it to bed and move on. Next week will be a different ref for you to have a go at. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Ref watch said:

Here lies the issue. Both teams weren’t on good form yesterday and were both going on at the ref every five minutes. 
There’s only such much a person can take before getting annoyed and rightly so. 
 Neither teams played well yesterday and it was a very bitty.

The refs at the moment are getting threats of video footage against their performances or mistakes. The players that make the stupid tackles, the foul throws, time wasting, dissent don’t get criticised for a week on their performance. 
 

Wadebridge lost- put it to bed and move on. Next week will be a different ref for you to have a go at. 
 

How can refs get threats like this? This is local football not the prem. I’d rather we the old way in the prem than this Var crap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JonColenzo said:

im not saying who’s right or wrong, but if your not happy surely complain to the correct people

I completely agree. Mark the referee accordingly post match and write a detailed report with constructive criticism that the FA can act on. 
A one off adverse report may not hold much weight but if the same referee is getting negative reports highlighting the same shortcomings then the referees department will act on it and give that referee some further development training.

 

Spending 90 minutes berating that referee won’t help them improve their performance, neither will publicly naming and shaming them on a forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FootballChat said:

I completely agree. Mark the referee accordingly post match and write a detailed report with constructive criticism that the FA can act on. 
A one off adverse report may not hold much weight but if the same referee is getting negative reports highlighting the same shortcomings then the referees department will act on it and give that referee some further development training.

 

Spending 90 minutes berating that referee won’t help them improve their performance, neither will publicly naming and shaming them on a forum.

Bang on exactly how it should be done. Writing on here is all good but when the ref in question hears about it or reads it himself he think f*ck it why should I bother wasting my time and it’s another ref we lose. Be Critical down the right channel and the ref can be given further support or be educated to further improve himself 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FootballChat said:

So if you worked in a restaurant and were awful at your job, would you expect to be verbally abused for the duration of your customers meal by the couple dining, the tables all around and maybe even a few passers by outside the restaurant? 
If I treated a retail worker in the same way a referee is treated I’d have the police called for a public order offence.

It’s ok for a ref to threaten to see you after the game to players and threaten them on the pitch aswell I suppose 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Ben potter said:

It’s ok for a ref to threaten to see you after the game to players and threaten them on the pitch aswell I suppose 

Get a grip the games over send your report in and get it sorted chatting crap about it isn’t getting you anywhere it’s going to want to make every ref on this page be tougher on your club next time 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ref watch said:

Most teams have video footage now 

But who's making the threats?  

Is it the clubs sending footage in as an attempt to get their players out of a suspension or is it the Refs controlling body? 

(To be honest I'm not sure 'threat' is the appropriate word)!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...