Cornwall Football Forum

FRIDAY RESULT - 30 September 2022

• Dave Deacon changed the title to FRIDAY RESULT - 30 September 2022
34 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I wasn't at the game but sounds like late action there with St Blazey missing a penalty and then Oscar Larrieu grabbing a winner for the visitors in added on time!

I went, St Blazey should of won it as they had loads of chances but Dobwalls defended brilliantly. Don't know if Eddy was injured or what but he came off and went straight to the changing rooms. St Blazey just can't seem to beat Dobwalls. 🤣

Half decent crowd and no rain 👍

10 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

2 league defeats in a row  and no goals for blazey now. Certainly makes the league more interesting .  Must getting nervous watching the chasing pack close in. 
pressure on the new managers already ?  

Have they been named as the new managers 

Leaving Ryan’s two inexperienced assistants in charge of a team that has title winning aspirations can only be described as negligent.

Phil’s ‘one foot in the dug out, One foot out policy’ is now starting to have a negative effect. plus not appointing a proper manager will be the downfall of st blazey season.

Instead what they are left with is  two rookie managers who have zero experience and have involve phil in all the major decision making.  

21 minutes ago, Hetty said:

Leaving Ryan’s two inexperienced assistants in charge of a team that has title winning aspirations can only be described as negligent.

Phil’s ‘one foot in the dug out, One foot out policy’ is now starting to have a negative effect. plus not appointing a proper manager will be the downfall of st blazey season.

Instead what they are left with is  two rookie managers who have zero experience and have involve phil in all the major decision making.  

Phil is making all football decision the other two are just puppets to tell what to do and when. Phil won’t take any of the flack 

Helston a club that faced a similar situation.  In that they had an outgoing manager who had an invested interest in the club.  

difference between them is Steve appointed a real manager and has not interfered.  Laffs has kept two guys that can be manipulated and the players don’t respect.   I don’t expect the last two games to be the only hiccup for st blazey unfortunately 

St.Blazey 0 Dobwalls 1

First half on points belonged to St Blazey although Dobwalls had a few chances themselves. St.Blazey had an effort diverted onto the post by Bill Westlake and also failed to convert a few half chances with some good saves by Dobwalls stand in keeper Stidson. Fyneboy’s strength on the ball was causing St.Blazey a few problems. 
Second half in my opinion a more even half with both teams having chances but not taking them, some good saves by both keepers. Then late in the game a penalty to St.Blazey, but a very poor spot kick easily saved by Stidson, within a few minutes at the other end Oscar Larrieu is on hand at the back post to finish off a good cross and win the game for Dobwalls. A very disciplined performance by Dobwalls who knew what they had to do and did it. St.Blazey had an off day and looked short of ideas. All Dobwalls players performed well but have to give man of match to Stidson with Wight-Harper-Innis a close second. 

33 minutes ago, Martin McHugh said:

I have watched Dobwalls a few times this season already and they are playing the best football I have seen for a long time. 

If they can keep their discipline and focus on the positives they could be a challenging team at the end of the season

MQx 

I agree football wise they play great football it’s just the cisalpine that lets them down. 
sure they have a good record against st blazey aswell in recent years.