Hayle v Callington Town 

Helston Athletic v St. Dominick - Kick-off 2.00pm

Perranwell v Illogan RBL - Kick-off 2.30pm

Redruth United v Penryn Athletic - Kick-off 2.30pm

Saltash United v Mousehole Development

St. Agnes v Morwenstow - Kick-off 2.30pm

56 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Any idea why?

Basically yesterday was the funeral of Pete Brewer, dad of club captain & vice captain Steve & Mike Brewer, a man who was loved by all & never missed a game. Monday is the funeral of Dave "Batesy" Baker . As soon as the funeral dates were confirmed we requested that we postpone today's game. With 2 funerals in 4 days the players didn't fancy a game of football in between the 2. We have been back & forth with the league for the past week but we couldn't come to an agreement so regrettably we decided against fulfilling todays fixture. 

5 hours ago, Glen Patterson said:

Basically yesterday was the funeral of Pete Brewer, dad of club captain & vice captain Steve & Mike Brewer, a man who was loved by all & never missed a game. Monday is the funeral of Dave "Batesy" Baker . As soon as the funeral dates were confirmed we requested that we postpone today's game. With 2 funerals in 4 days the players didn't fancy a game of football in between the 2. We have been back & forth with the league for the past week but we couldn't come to an agreement so regrettably we decided against fulfilling todays fixture. 

Didn’t one of the members of your team essentially tell the league it was because all the players would be hungover?

33 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

Didn’t one of the members of your team essentially tell the league it was because all the players would be hungover?

I have no idea what was said, I know that I didn't say that in my email to the league (which I didn't even get a reply to) & I know our club secretary didn't say that. If some other idiot said that then I can't do a lot about that. I explained the situation in detail, the boys did not want to play & did not think the team should play, as I said there is more important things than football. 

A tough game at kellaway for the visiting side awaited, but st dominick mauled their opponents from minute one, and I think slightly caught a good helston side who are near the summit of the west division off guard. 
The scoring opened after continuous st dominick pressure inside the first 10 minutes when a neat Callum Searle touch layed into the path of Lee Hawkins who squeezed his finish across the line. A second quickly followed when st dom keeper Blatchford kicked long to set Ben Jefferey in who was impeded in the box by the keeper, Kieran Prescott stepped up to fire home the penalty. 
St dom kept their foot on the gas and the home side struggled to cope, a free kick on the edge of the box allowed Kieran Ryall an opportunity to whip the ball into the top corner.

Helston started the second half stronger but st Dom took the sting out of the game and scored on the counter when a Jeffery shot was touched in by Ryall. 
The away side had the confidence to go on and push for more, Taylor Gerry breaking from midfield and laying in Ryall who finished brilliantly in off the bar. Helston got a consolation when they broke from deep to bundle home. 
St dom then for their 6th with another Ryall free kick to round off the game. A good performance all round from the visitors who deserved the 6-1 win. 

Great hospitality from the hosts and a mention to the referee who had a very good game in the middle. 

Saltash Res 0 - 1 Mousehole Devs

Superb result for the lads, squad down to bare 11 due to illness, bench consisted of a 16 year old making debut, 39 year old, 45 year old and our Lino 😂. Boys battled throughout against a physical Saltash team, we definately should have taken more of our chances but the game was ultimately decided by an own goal into the top corner from the edge of the box. Picked up few more injuries throughout game but great resilience from the lads as they battled on and luckily on our 16 year old had to come on who did a fantastic job and has a bright future 👍

Porthleven 1 - 6 Truro City Res.

This ultimately turned into an entertaining affair although for the first half hour it was rather scrappy. In this period the only outstanding feature was the shop-stopping ability of the home goalkeeper on the few occasions that he was called upon. Then, either side of half-time, Truro hit four quick goals. Sadly, in trying to prevent the fourth of these, a Porthleven player suffered a bad injury and had to be stretchered off. After this the game opened up and both teams were able to play more thoughtful football. However, approaching the end of the match, Truro added another couple of goals despite the best efforts of the Porthleven goalie who contiued to give his all despite the scoreline and the fact that he also sufferd an injury requiring attention. With what could have been their only shot on target Porthleven scored just before the final whistle. I would imagine that the Truro keeper was somewhat disappointed to miss out on what might have been his easiest clean sheet of the season.

My general impression was that both sides were young and will hopefully improve over time. Truro were clearly the better prepared but no one player yet stood out as being ready to step up to the first team.

On 02/10/2022 at 09:53, Lifeintheolddog said:

Saltash Res 0 - 1 Mousehole Devs

Superb result for the lads, squad down to bare 11 due to illness, bench consisted of a 16 year old making debut, 39 year old, 45 year old and our Lino 😂. Boys battled throughout against a physical Saltash team, we definately should have taken more of our chances but the game was ultimately decided by an own goal into the top corner from the edge of the box. Picked up few more injuries throughout game but great resilience from the lads as they battled on and luckily on our 16 year old had to come on who did a fantastic job and has a bright future 👍

Seeing Saltash played 2 suspended players on Saturday 

9 hours ago, Soccer Follower said:

May be permitted to play as it was a cup match and not the competition where the players picked up their bans?

Cornwall FA website says All Saturday Football. I believe they’ve stopped banning players for certain competitions as if they’re only banned for certain leagues they can go and play elsewhere during their ban 

On 04/10/2022 at 18:07, MWhite55 said:

Cornwall FA website says All Saturday Football. I believe they’ve stopped banning players for certain competitions as if they’re only banned for certain leagues they can go and play elsewhere during their ban 

Who cares they lost anyway. Give the club and warning and move on. 

On 06/10/2022 at 17:14, cornish leg end said:

Who cares they lost anyway. Give the club and warning and move on. 

Result is irrelevant, every club when breaking rules need to be treated the same. You can’t punish one club more than another because of the result and clubs can’t pick and choose when/if players serve their suspensions 

9 hours ago, MWhite55 said:

Result is irrelevant, every club when breaking rules need to be treated the same. You can’t punish one club more than another because of the result and clubs can’t pick and choose when/if players serve their suspensions 

Never said that. But crying about it gets you know where. I’m f your going to play someone your not ment to play that is cheating and to gain an advantage that didn’t work for them. So punish them and move on. 

1 hour ago, cornish leg end said:

I’m f your going to play someone your not ment to play that is cheating and to gain an advantage that didn’t work for them. So punish them and move on. 

It was a misunderstanding of how the discipline regulations work.  If they had intended to cheat they could have just left them off the Full-Time team sheet which they didn't.  It's been dealt with and we move on.

4 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

It was a misunderstanding of how the discipline regulations work.  If they had intended to cheat they could have just left them off the Full-Time team sheet which they didn't.  It's been dealt with and we move on.

That’s exactly my point it didn’t affect the results the chap that started it on here just needs to move on some with