Cornwall Football Forum

best supported side

soccceroo

as steve massey said , helston best supported side , helston v millbrook  att 78 hahaha , falmouth  v mousehole  att 511 , , only time they get anywhere near a decent crowd is when town or mousehole play them , , you can try to buy the league , you  can buy the players , what you cant do , is buy your support , haha

1 hour ago, soccceroo said:

as steve massey said , helston best supported side , helston v millbrook  att 78 hahaha , falmouth  v mousehole  att 511 , , only time they get anywhere near a decent crowd is when town or mousehole play them , , you can try to buy the league , you  can buy the players , what you cant do , is buy your support , haha

2 wins from 10 games, you need more supporters to help Falmouth win more often 😬

7 hours ago, soccceroo said:

Helston going down the truro route ,offering free coach travel to weston super mare on Saturday. 😁😂🤣

I still don’t get all this criticism about the crowds Falmouth are getting and in particular the F-Troop. Watched St Blazey play Falmouth last season, and the F- Troop only really made up a small proportion of the crowd, but they were noisy and vocal. I think I’ve mentioned it before, the club seem to be attracting a lot of casual neutral supporters, while other clubs are missing out. They must be doing something right, as last night, with Falmouth only being in the lower reaches of the league and Mousehole being in touching distance of the top of the league, Falmouth still attracted a crowd of over 500, perhaps the casual neutral supporter are becoming  regular supporters, and like the match day experience whether they are winning or not. 

58 minutes ago, Drumming Nutter said:

Massey was 1 of the 511, he was spotted in the stand.

Do kids get in for free at Falmouth ??

Reason I ask is there tons of them just wandering around aimlessly, with zero interest in the match.

No doubt though that Falmouth FC have a strong loyal following, no trebles this season though I fear.

The kids get in free and are not counted in the attendance total, They love it and are the future of our club, a club built on history and tradition, of winning doubles and trebles and 8 on the bounce. Mousehole are a rich little village club who have 4 fans who continually bang drums to get noticed. Why dont the 4 of you make up some chants ??? You got a great team and obviously lots of money to attract semi pros etc but will always be a little village club. 

Just now, Jeff Chambers said:

The kids get in free and are not counted in the attendance total, They love it and are the future of our club, a club built on history and tradition, of winning doubles and trebles and 8 on the bounce. Mousehole are a rich little village club who have 4 fans who continually bang drums to get noticed. Why dont the 4 of you make up some chants ??? You got a great team and obviously lots of money to attract semi pros etc but will always be a little village club. 

Supporting your own team and your fellow supporters - big thumbs up

Trash talking the supporters of others - not so much

Apart from one or two trolls on here pretty much everyone in Cornwall respects what you and your fellow fans have done at Falmouth - take the positives from that, ignore the trolls, and best of all avoid the temptation to join them. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Chambers said:

That little village club beat the mighty double and treble winning club of Falmouth town. 🤣

The F-Troop may not be perfect (Who is?) but they bring a lot of atmosphere and colour to games at what is deemed elsewhere in the country as a low standard of Football.  Given that we are starved in the county of higher standard stuff, the best experience for a neutral Cornish supporter is to come to Bickland Park and get thoroughly entertained. Not only by a decent home team (A few teething problems but will be OK) but also by the large crowds, Pikachu, The Dragon, Beardy and  his fancy-dress, the drums et. al.  Nothing else like it in Cornwall!

8 hours ago, GaryHocking said:

Supporting your own team and your fellow supporters - big thumbs up

Trash talking the supporters of others - not so much

Apart from one or two trolls on here pretty much everyone in Cornwall respects what you and your fellow fans have done at Falmouth - take the positives from that, ignore the trolls, and best of all avoid the temptation to join them. 

Got to have a bit of fun now and again Garry ;) Theres no doubt that Mousehole are a good side, they beat us with a last minute winner at their place and beat us when we were down to 10 then 8 men last night, good luck to them. 

On 29/09/2022 at 09:13, Jeff Chambers said:

by "rich little village club" did you mean "well run and business savvy"?..... if you had come down to trungle for  mousehole v falmouth you might have noticed the popular campsite we created on a corner of our ground.  we earn a decent amount of revenue from that and all the sponsorship we have. players come here cos its an attractive place to be, we play decent football and the players are looked after.  it aint rocket science.

4 hours ago, Pondy said:

by "rich little village club" did you mean "well run and business savvy"?..... if you had come down to trungle for  mousehole v falmouth you might have noticed the popular campsite we created on a corner of our ground.  we earn a decent amount of revenue from that and all the sponsorship we have. players come here cos its an attractive place to be, we play decent football and the players are looked after.  it aint rocket science.

Looked after ! 🤔

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Devils@Dusk said:

Not in the league, though. 😏

We're talking about the level of support.  The clue is in the title of the thread.

🤦‍♂️

5 hours ago, silly billy said:

Look at the population of Falmouth, attendances nothing special all things considering 🤔

Comparable crowds with Witley Bay, Tunbridge Wells, Ashington, etc.  What in your opinion would be be rated as a good crowd?

🤷‍♂️

55 minutes ago, Town Fan said:

We're talking about the level of support.  The clue is in the title of the thread.

🤦‍♂️

*Gasp!* No... Really? (Sarcasm) - True though.

Funny though. City with no stadium, up the other end of the county, and only pulling attendances of 100 (if they're lucky) are top of their league. Yet pulling around 500 a week, Falmouth are only 14th. I guess it's true, attendance doesn't win league titles (or get your team to the top of the table).

8 hours ago, Town Fan said:

🤦‍♂️

Comparable crowds with Witley Bay, Tunbridge Wells, Ashington, etc.  What in your opinion would be be rated as a good crowd?

🤷‍♂️

Fifthteen thousand would be impressive, not including the kids that aren't counted 👍

The best supported clubs are the ones with supporters who stick with them through thick and thin. 

Sides like Storm who went months without a win or even draw but pulled in a loyal following every game. 

I lift my hat to supporters of teams such as that.

We can all follow the winners or teams that have suddenly started winning and been promoted, but it is the little teams that count. 

7 hours ago, silly billy said:

Fifthteen thousand would be impressive, not including the kids that aren't counted 👍

I've noticed before that they say the kids aren't counted. Why aren't they counted in the attendance if they are attending the game. 

I actually believe they are counted which can increase crowd numbers significantly....... And it seems crowd numbers are the main thing some Falmouth fans strive for

I remember following Saltash back in the days of 60. Or less. Okehampton home was a real high in the old SWL. Poor old stand was literally us ultras and the few who stood on the touch line. If we covered the ref that day we didn’t make a profit. 

Last peninsular season we had average of 120/130. Last season 150/160. This season it’s up towards 200 already. Rather climb steadily and regularly than fast in this game! 

18 hours ago, Devils@Dusk said:

Funny though. City with no stadium, up the other end of the county, and only pulling attendances of 100 (if they're lucky) are top of their league. Yet pulling around 500 a week, Falmouth are only 14th. I guess it's true, attendance doesn't win league titles (or get your team to the top of the table).

Correct ,but it means we can stand on our own two feet without a sugar daddy. AND oh look , we've  got our own ground as well . 😜

# just saying .

7 hours ago, THEMAGPIE said:

A load of middle aged men idolising the local milkman for scoring a goal and making up songs about them in accordance doesn’t appeal to me but each to their own. 

I can confirm there are no milkmen playing for Falmouth.Just as a matter of interest magpie ,what are your average crowds at the moment and what would you do to increase the attendances. Maybe YOU could start the M or P troop .

P.S. Not just middle aged men.Men and women of all ages .It's a family afternoon out , visiting teams supporters this season have praised the set up and atmosphere .supporters we have played away,say they are looking forward to coming down and sampling it .It's surprising how many have studied our twitter page and watched the u tube videos . We must be doing something right , but as they say jealousy  breeds contempt in some .

Perhaps some will see me as a little biased but when any club has crowds substantially bigger than most others you’d have to take a look at why? 
Granted, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but it’s winning for Falmouth both on and off the pitch right now at a time when some clubs can’t raise a team let alone support. 
The demographics are very interesting, young, old, men and women and all joining in with a great afternoon of entertainment at little cost and supporting a local club. 
F-Troop now hold regular entertainment where the money that’s raised goes to local charities not to mention swelling the bar takings. 
I don’t think there’s much to dislike but everyone has an opinion and i respect that. 

On 14/10/2022 at 07:16, silly billy said:

So more than the likes of Wrexham, York, and Yeovil, all ex league teams.  More in fact than a lot of League 1 & 2 teams!  Remind me, what planet do you live on?  As has been said above, it's about getting behind your club and giving them support through thick and thin.

Ok, well maybe just a teacher and a couple of builders etc.. still think it’s rather juvenile but as I said before each to their own if that’s what interests you then fair enough. 

And as it’s been well documented before I do get behind my Club and watch pretty much every game! which I believe gives me the right to have an opinion on the goings on etc!!

30 minutes ago, THEMAGPIE said:

Ok, well maybe just a teacher and a couple of builders etc.. still think it’s rather juvenile but as I said before each to their own if that’s what interests you then fair enough. 

And as it’s been well documented before I do get behind my Club and watch pretty much every game! which I believe gives me the right to have an opinion on the goings on etc!!

Juvenile for singing songs about your club and players !!! REALLY !!! . Can you imagine any football league or Premier league ground where there was no singing or chanting .😁🤣😂

25 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Juvenile for singing songs about your club and players !!! REALLY !!! . Can you imagine any football league or Premier league ground where there was no singing or chanting .😁🤣😂

Yea for professional players and teams competing at the highest levels, not worshiping Keith the local window cleaner for scoring for Falmouth against Helston! 

1 hour ago, THEMAGPIE said:

Yea for professional players and teams competing at the highest levels, not worshiping Keith the local window cleaner for scoring for Falmouth against Helston! 

They can't beat Helston though. 🤣

2 hours ago, Town Fan said:

So more than the likes of Wrexham, York, and Yeovil, all ex league teams.  More in fact than a lot of League 1 & 2 teams!  Remind me, what planet do you live on?  As has been said above, it's about getting behind your club and giving them support through thick and thin.

You asked, I answered. 

Earth 👍

47 minutes ago, le boss said:

Can’t believe the F Troop we’re watching Helston. Trouble at mill?? 🤣🤣

Can't all get on the coach Bash . Just left Exeter services having a laugh and a sing song on the way home .The troopers at kellaway were on a reconasence  mission ahead of next weeks game . Situation report reads .Nothing to worry about ! 😜

52 minutes ago, le boss said:

Can’t believe the F Troop we’re watching Helston. Trouble at mill?? 🤣🤣

Watched Helston lose. 2nd one in a row.

Trouble at mill?

Seriously though, it was an interesting game and thought a draw may have been a fairer result. However, Saltash did show a bit more quality in forward areas. Callum Merrin is a top player and Alex Cairo looked excellent too.

Slight loss of discipline in the last few minutes as two Helston players got sent to the sin bin after Saltash's second after abusing the linesman. Ironically, the worst perpetrator, who shall remain nameless, stayed on the pitch.

By the way, the same linesman missed the offside for The Saltash equaliser, but swings and roundabouts, as I remember Billy Tucker conning the ref twice last season against Street with two dives in the area.

What goes around comes around.

Look forward to seeing Helston next week at a packed Bickland Park.  Hope the Town can break the recent Helston hoo-doo.

23 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

Watched Helston lose. 2nd one in a row.

Trouble at mill?

Seriously though, it was an interesting game and thought a draw may have been a fairer result. However, Saltash did show a bit more quality in forward areas. Callum Merrin is a top player and Alex Cairo looked excellent too.

Slight loss of discipline in the last few minutes as two Helston players got sent to the sin bin after Saltash's second after abusing the linesman. Ironically, the worst perpetrator, who shall remain nameless, stayed on the pitch.

By the way, the same linesman missed the offside for The Saltash equaliser, but swings and roundabouts, as I remember Billy Tucker conning the ref twice last season against Street with two dives in the area.

What goes around comes around.

Look forward to seeing Helston next week at a packed Bickland Park.  Hope the Town can break the recent Helston hoo-doo.

A packed Bickland Park!!! Shush !!! We're not allowed to mention crowds as it upsets silly billy ,devil's dusk,and the magpie .

On 29/09/2022 at 00:17, silly billy said:

2 wins from 10 games, you need more supporters to help Falmouth win more often 😬

On 13/10/2022 at 23:46, Devils@Dusk said:

you can buy the bestplayers , you can buy the league , what you cant do is buy your support hahaha 

15 hours ago, THEMAGPIE said:

get back in your nest 

4 hours ago, mattelot said:

Can't all get on the coach Bash . Just left Exeter services having a laugh and a sing song on the way home .The troopers at kellaway were on a reconasence  mission ahead of next weeks game . Situation report reads .Nothing to worry about ! 😜

8 minutes ago, soccceroo said:

you can buy the bestplayers , you can buy the league , what you cant do is buy your support hahaha 

get back in your nest 

8 minutes ago, soccceroo said:

get back in your nest 

they were watching saltash lol , they know how helston play , just boot the ball upfront 

3 hours ago, Drumming Nutter said:

I am reliably told that the children who get into Falmouth for free, should be counted in the attendance. (FA Rules), and I suspect they are. So if you discount the kids from the estate, playing tick and chasing girls, and loose the Truro City Fans getting their football fix. I suspect gates would be a bit more realistic. However the draw of Gary Barlow & Gary Glitter must be hard to resist 😁😁

Beware of the lesser-spotted Green-eyed drumming-nutter!

9 hours ago, Drumming Nutter said:

I am reliably told that the children who get into Falmouth for free, should be counted in the attendance. (FA Rules), and I suspect they are. So if you discount the kids from the estate, playing tick and chasing girls, and loose the Truro City Fans getting their football fix. I suspect gates would be a bit more realistic. However the draw of Gary Barlow & Gary Glitter must be hard to resist 😁😁

Stick to your camp site !! Keep paying the dosh and keep winning nothing !!!! Make sure all 3 of you keep banging your 3 drums. Small little club with no support and no trophies. 

11 hours ago, Drumming Nutter said:

So if the children that get in for free were counted then the attendance would be even higher . There's probably no rocket scientists in mousehole .My apologies if there are ,but it doesn't take one to work that out.😁🤣😂.All that drummings obviously giving you brain fog .

29 minutes ago, Drumming Nutter said:

I said they are counted ...can't you read man ??? Now who's got the brain fog ? Must be all that Gary Glitter getting to you 🤣🤣

You got no history, you got no support, you got no trophies but you got a camp site and 3 men banging some drums that you call support in a pretty little ground with zero atmosphere. Unless Falmouth Town rock into town. Cheerio drummer boy.