Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Wednesday 28 September 2022

Good win for st austell and a well deserved clean sheet. Bude had more of the ball but st austell put the ball in the net and that’s what counts. Good goal from Tom guest free header off a free kick. Lots of chances at both ends Dan peters definitely the busier of the two keeper. Good result for st austell they handled tornando very well surprised to see him playing for Bude he must be on a wedge of cash to get him there 

Godolphin 0-4 Liskeard Athletic

Having worked in reasonable sunshine all day, with my lift arranged, I was looking forward to my trip to Newquay. As we got closer to Newquay the sky darkened and the light drizzle turned to heavy driving rain. My spirits dropped even further when my driver parked closer to Lusty Glaze than Godolphin way 😂. After a badly timed mad dash up the road in driving rain my gloom increased as we discovered the Tea Hut shut 👎. We chose to stand under the best shelter behind the top goal and watch two teams try and play football in worsening conditions. Max Gilbert broke the deadlock early with a finish at the back post from a Harvey Mullis cross to settle us into the game. We kept possession well, created plenty of chances and were happy to see a second goal go in before half time from James Rowe.

Second half going up the slope with the wind and rain pushing us on we continued to create countless chances , hitting the bar on several occasions with the defence looking solid, midfield trying to play and create in worsening conditions and the front three working tirelessly down the sides of the G defence. Dan Jennings scored both our second half goals from good passages of play. Like I said, we created enough chances for double figures but the 4 goals we scored secured the 3 points and I think everyone was glad to hear the final whistle, the mad dash to the changing rooms showing how poor the weather was. So three more points in the bag, no new injuries and onto St Austell at Poltair on Saturday. 💙💙💙