Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League 24/09/22

Div 1

Penzance Reserves 0-1 Falmouth United

Att - 44

Falmouth score in the 89th minute! Before then an open game with Pz having the best of it. Falmouth defence great at cutting out the cross, plus Pz were sometimes wayward. Last 10mins both sides went for it, Pz caught napping.

Thank you to today's referee Derek Hughes who must have used a whole notebook and pencil up writing down the names of all the subs. 

DIV 2

CARHARRACK   (2)   3     Danny Ford (2)  Ben Rapsey

ST.IVES RES   (2)  3

ATT :  28

Entertaining game! Carharrack 1-0 up, 2-1 up, St.Ives 3-2 up, ended 3-3 fair result in the end! Tom watches Carharrack most weeks so I’ll leave the report to his good self! Excellently refereed by Mr Ryan Price, great to see former Cornwall defender Rob Troon still playing for the Saints and a goal of the season contender from Fordy straight from the kick off after the visitors had just made it 1-1! The hosts Jamie Staton and the Saints blonde no.4 both men of the match amongst many fine performances I thought! Over to you Tom 👍😁

Ben Rapsey making it 3-3 Screenshot_20220924-204255_Gallery.thumb.jpg.8fb01109f9090266b6a1a96975b12cc8.jpg

Division Three

Lanner FC 4 Troon AFC Reserves 1

Att - 47

Troon matched their opponents in the first half and could well have gone in at half time in front as they had 2 very good chances with Lanner striking the crossbar. The second half Lanner looked to step up and were soon 3-0 in front before a young Troon side pulled a goal back, but Lanner wrapped up the points late on, a long report and llnk to 235 match photos can be seen on my Blog 

https://aroundthgrounds2022charityblog.blogspot.com/2022/09/taylor-leads-lanner-to-hard-fought.html

Carharrack 3, St Ives Res 3

A match Danny Ford won't forget for a while: two goals, one outstanding, and a hamstring injury. He had to go off with half-an-hour to play. He was chasing a through ball and suddenly pulled up in the way that everyone knew was a hamstring gone: unlucky lad. He'd opened the scoring in the 6th minute, latching on to a ball in from the left. St Ives equalised in the 9th through Cross but, still in the 9th minute, Ford scored a goal that, if scored in the Premiership would have been played again and again on YouTube as a worldy. Carharrack kicked off after the St Ives equaliser, the ball passed back to Ford who had noted the visiting 'keeper was still celebrating and he banged it up-field and over the 'keeper for 2 - 1. And I was still looking down at my notebook, recording the equalising goal!

St Ives equalised on 45+2, a good move and the worst time to concede an equaliser. I was hopeful that in the 2nd half Carharrack were kicking down the slope - I don't know how much of a psychological advantage it is to do this at Ting Tang - but it was the St Ives who went ahead just 2 minutes into the half from a long diagonal ball deftly shot home and partly due to the speed of the St Ives' forwards - a few young legs in their side. They were playing the better football at this stage; so it was with much relief on my side that after the untimely departure of Ford Carharrack carved out an equaliser against the run of play, Rapsey tapping home from short range after some persistence on the right provided the cross. Carharrack just might have sneaked all three points but for a Golden Chance blazed over the bar when the least one might have hoped for was at least for the shot to be on target.

So, not quite the result I wanted and my commiserations go to Danny Ford who, hamstrings being what they are, faces a long recovery.

Tea and butties still good value from the tea hut. Well reffed, att circa 30

Dropship Res 3-1 Storm

A game that neither team really dominated, but Dropship defended well restricted Storm to shooting from the edge of the area. 

Dropship res getting their first win of the season, and on balance of play, were deserved winners

Well reffed by Ben Kempthorne, who was has only done a couple of adult games

3 minutes ago, Gary S said:

Dropship Res 3-1 Storm

A game that neither team really dominated, but Dropship defended well restricted Storm to shooting from the edge of the area. 

Dropship res getting their first win of the season, and on balance of play, were deserved winners

Well reffed by Ben Kempthorne, who was has only done a couple of adult games

Absolutely dreadful by us today, and as a result got exactly what we deserved.  We move on, and hopefully try and play a bit next week.

Fair play to you guys after a tough start to the season, deserved the points today.

16 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Div 1

Penzance Reserves 0-1 Falmouth United

Att - 44

Falmouth score in the 89th minute! Before then an open game with Pz having the best of it. Falmouth defence great at cutting out the cross, plus Pz were sometimes wayward. Last 10mins both sides went for it, Pz caught napping.

Thank you to today's referee Derek Hughes who must have used a whole notebook and pencil up writing down the names of all the subs. 

A great days football by both teams, Pz definitely played the better football however credit we’re it’s due Falmouth did exactly what they needed to do in keeping the attackers out. Shout out to the Falmouth goaly who pulled off a cracking save to keep out the pz header from 5 yards out a save he had no right in making! Very well reffed from a neutral point of view.

On 24/09/2022 at 18:16, RAPPO said:

DIV 2

CARHARRACK   (2)   3     Danny Ford (2)  Ben Rapsey

ST.IVES RES   (2)  3

ATT :  28

Entertaining game! Carharrack 1-0 up, 2-1 up, St.Ives 3-2 up, ended 3-3 fair result in the end! Tom watches Carharrack most weeks so I’ll leave the report to his good self! Excellently refereed by Mr Ryan Price, great to see former Cornwall defender Rob Troon still playing for the Saints and a goal of the season contender from Fordy straight from the kick off after the visitors had just made it 1-1! The hosts Jamie Staton and the Saints blonde no.4 both men of the match amongst many fine performances I thought! Over to you Tom 👍😁

Ben Rapsey making it 3-3 Screenshot_20220924-204255_Gallery.thumb.jpg.8fb01109f9090266b6a1a96975b12cc8.jpg

Did u say Rob Troon playing don't see his name on the team sheet?? 

21 hours ago, RAPPO said:

In all seriousness though, heard it’s possibly an honest mistake by the Saints, Rob is signed on for the Combo team but not the Trelawny. Rules are rules I guess but sounds a bit unlucky and easily done. 👍

Not at all. He's signed on, just administion issues. All legitimate.

On 25/09/2022 at 12:43, RAPPO said:

Fordy struck it straight from the kick off Tom! Great strike uphill with the slight breeze! 👏

Hang on, Rappo: doesn't the ball have to be played backwards from a kick-off, or have I only assumed that because that's all I've ever seen? If Fordy just lamped it forwards and scored, my apologies to you both. Like I wrote, I was looking down at my notebook when it happened!