Cornwall Football Forum

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS: FA CUP REPLAY: HELSTON ATHLETIC V BISHOPS CLEEVE

Piran

1. Looked a great game 

2.great performance by the away keeper 

3.Didnt think it was a foul let alone a red card but he is an excellent ref and had a great view so will bow down there

4.No way Terry Hurlock wdve gone down holding his face after being pushed in the chest and then peep up when ref was over.. Find that embarrassing from Bye..... Who was the match winner with a couple of good goals 

5.Why doesn't Copp start.. He's a strange player.. Game changer

6.Cusack is one of the best coaches/tacticians around

7.Excellent video as always 

2 minutes ago, 6times said:

Dare I say it , great commentary from mass and fair play to him looking at the crowd and atmosphere no one can say he isn’t doing great things at helston .  

🙄 Absolutely but just keep him away from managing.

Onto the game

Great highlights as always but the BC player should not have shoved Matty Bye in the chest, cheating ? Play acting ? Retribution? You tell me ?

Never a red card either but hey! The refs in charge and saw it how he saw it on the night, same for the late penalty call from Cleeve probably non of the officials had a clear cut view of the incident.

Back to the league now and then an exciting trip up to WSM for the Blues.

Well done 👏🏻

54 minutes ago, St Darren said:

Thing is Dave. If a player goes down holding his face at top level and the ref sends off the offendibg player it could go to VAR, then the cheating player could get sent off for trying to get a player sent off

No they could not. Simulation is a caution offence. So if VAR asked a referee to undertake an On Field Review of a potential incorrect red card, the maximum sanction would be a yellow card for the player who simulated.

There are now post match sanctions for "successful deception of a match official" but the cases of this, where VAR is in operation, should be next to zero. 

It’s a difficult one, like if you don’t hit the ground in the penalty area and try and stay honest, you certainly wont get a penalty. Don’t get me wrong, certainly hate to see cheating, and wouldn’t want kids to see it, i miss the big whole hearted blood and thunder challenges of days gone by, but a big crunching tackle these days is seen as excessive force. Not sure what the answer is?

Terry Hurlock, Brian Kilcline and Stuart Pearce would spend more time suspended than playing in todays game unfortunately!

I though Jordan copp looked excellent from the highlights he certainly changed the game for helston. . A player that I always thought had so much ability and should be playing much higher standard . It’s was always  Just about  getting him fully focused on football and getting him motivated. He openly admits he doesn’t like football.   looks like Matt getting beat out of him mind. What a player for helston to have. 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

I though Jordan copp looked excellent from the highlights he certainly changed the game for helston. . A player that I always thought had so much ability and should be playing much higher standard . It’s was always  Just about  getting him fully focused on football and getting him motivated. He openly admits he doesn’t like football.   looks like Matt getting beat out of him mind. What a player for helston to have. 

From watching this and other highlights of Helston games, the Bentley brothers (another couple of Parkway cast offs) seem to have rediscovered their form as well. Aaron, in particular, is someone that should be playing higher than Western League.

21 hours ago, St Darren said:

Be good to see the FA act on the blatant cheating from the Helston skipper holding his face when pushed in the chest. Embarrassing. 

Looked a great game though with loads of needle

Well done to Helston !

However it's a strange ruling that allows a player that was sent off in the 1rst game on Saturday to be eligible to play in the replay 3 days later,and scoring 2 goals in the process.🤔