WEST

St Austell                          3-3         Camelford

Bodmin Town                  0-4         Callington Town

Liskeard Athletic              5-1         Launceston

Wendron United             3-2         Newquay

Wadebridge Town          1-0         St Blazey

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Wednesday 21 September 2022
22 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

See river Allen came on for Saltash tonight seems a bit risky him playing the night before with blazey having  a tough game away the next day.  ?? 

Took a risk playing him tonight, he was very tired from last nights game. Got a bit angry on the pitch tonight and bagged himself a yellow card. 😂

Went in with a different side tonight and unfortunately earned us our first loss. You can’t change a winning side, you get penalised for it, and we did. Perhaps it’s time to get rid of the chuckle brothers and bring back Laffs? #bringbacklaffs 

15 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

So he may have looked tired but surely not from 10 minutes or so last night! Perhaps give some praise to how the opposition played him!  

I’m not taking anything away from Wadebridge, they were by far the better side tonight and completely deserve the 3 points.

The tired part was a joke Dave. 🙂

16 minutes ago, BlazeyFan90 said:

Took a risk playing him tonight, he was very tired from last nights game. Got a bit angry on the pitch tonight and bagged himself a yellow card. 😂

Went in with a different side tonight and unfortunately earned us our first loss. You can’t change a winning side, you get penalised for it, and we did. Perhaps it’s time to get rid of the chuckle brothers and bring back Laffs? #bringbacklaffs 

Watched this match, thought Blazey played well. 

Also heard Laffs is wanting to get back in the hot seat & had it all explained to me this evening at Bodieve. 

With his busy summer at his pub, he didn't have the time to recruit. His plan was always to bring in someone (Ryan Fice) to do all the recruitment & pre season, get everyone ( well nearly everyone) the better ones nailed down on big bucks, then fire the 'Ficester' when his workload became lighter & the ground work had been done. 

Bodmin thumped by callington ouch. I assume Levi wasn’t available for Bodmin tonight ?  Matt must be under serious pressure. 

my comment regarding River was more I can’t understand his club allowing a key player to turn out for another team 24 hours before they face a tough away game. 90 or 10 mins doesn’t really matter still chance to get injured etc very bizarre he has the power to just turn out when he pleases

Wendron  and Bude must be happy with tonight’s result. 

1 hour ago, Spenny Knibb said:

Wendron 3v 2 Newquay 

game of 2 halves or what ! All Newquay first half totally deserved their 2.0 lead at half time but as soon as Wendron pulled one back it turned. 

Spot on. Some good football from both teams. Farcical winner and prevarication from the officials as ref over-ruled the linesman.

How did Newquay come away with nothing?! Some promising young lads in the Mints line-up. As soon as they pulled one back and the Dron were on the front foot, the game swung towards Wendon.

First visit to Underlane. Cracking ground, nice crowd, watchable team - the ‘Dron give hope as to what smaller well run clubs can do. Just needed a programme / team sheet to tie everything up superbly. 

Definitely wanting WAFC in one of those top 4 promotion spots!

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Bodmin thumped by callington ouch. I assume Levi wasn’t available for Bodmin tonight ?  Matt must be under serious pressure. 

my comment regarding River was more I can’t understand his club allowing a key player to turn out for another team 24 hours before they face a tough away game. 90 or 10 mins doesn’t really matter still chance to get injured etc very bizarre he has the power to just turn out when he pleases

Wendron  and Bude must be happy with tonight’s result. 

Just now, Pitch Care Guru said:

Lewis played 90

1 minute ago, Pitch Care Guru said:

Lewis played 90

Sure I typed in Levi 

8 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Spot on. Some good football from both teams. Farcical winner and prevarication from the officials as ref over-ruled the linesman.

How did Newquay come away with nothing?! Some promising young lads in the Mints line-up. As soon as they pulled one back and the Dron were on the front foot, the game swung towards Wendon.

First visit to Underlane. Cracking ground, nice crowd, watchable team - the ‘Dron give hope as to what smaller well run clubs can do. Just needed a programme / team sheet to tie everything up superbly. 

Definitely wanting WAFC in one of those top 4 promotion spots!

Glad you enjoyed your visit. 
There’s normally team news on the board outside the changing rooms. Programme is one we are trying to get on top of but difficult to recruit the volunteers for all the extras given our locality. 

Proper game of two halves, started brightly but Newquay soon started to have the better of the first half before Wendron had the better of the second.

Some really talented youngsters in Newquay’s ranks and well managed. All the best for the rest of the season. 

12 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Watched this match, thought Blazey played well. 

Also heard Laffs is wanting to get back in the hot seat & had it all explained to me this evening at Bodieve. 

With his busy summer at his pub, he didn't have the time to recruit. His plan was always to bring in someone (Ryan Fice) to do all the recruitment & pre season, get everyone ( well nearly everyone) the better ones nailed down on big bucks, then fire the 'Ficester' when his workload became lighter & the ground work had been done. 

That's quite a theory. Bit far fetched, but a good read.

2 hours ago, DanTheOkeMan said:

St River FC, does what he wants down there, talks down to management and players. Friction is starting to build. 

I am privileged to a few details of what’s going on, as a Blazey fan it is quite sad to watch our young upcoming prospect Rio Ward being slated by the so called GOAT of the peninsula. 

3 hours ago, DanTheOkeMan said:

St River FC, does what he wants down there, talks down to management and players. Friction is starting to build. 

To be fair it was tried at parkway and he was out the door . Lee Hobbs not the sort of manager to pander to it. . The parkway squad improved and  went on to win the league. 
a very good player no doubt about it but when comfortable does upset a few 

59 minutes ago, BlazeyFan90 said:

I am privileged to a few details of what’s going on, as a Blazey fan it is quite sad to watch our young upcoming prospect Rio Ward being slated by the so called GOAT of the peninsula. 

Why Liam eddy slating him ?? 

Liskeard Athletic 5-1 Launceston 

Att: 117

As expected Lanson played a tight defensive game but to their credit kept the ball well and caused a few problems on the counter attack. Liskeard scored first with the dangerous pace of DJ and James Lorenz causing panic cutting in from wide positions forcing the Lanson defence into an own goal. I thought that the goal would settle Liskeard into their rhythm and they could start to dictate play from early in the game , but a lapse in concentration allowed Lanson back into the game and get a coolly taken equaliser from their number 9 Mark Elvidge. Lanson then battled hard and worked together to keep the score 1-1 at half time, and would definitely be the happier team when half time whistle was blown.

In the second half you could tell Lanson had been told to work hard and keep the ball, which they did to their credit.  Liskeard made a few tactical changes and improved their slick passing and ball retention and finally made the break through to score 4 further goals, 2 from DJ (the second one a lovely lobbed goal over the keeper from the right flank) and 2 good finishes from James Rowe. A much better second half for the Blues as their quality throughout the team began to tell once they relaxed and played the football we all know they’re capable of. Good luck to Lanson for the rest of their season.

We now look forward to a bus trip (2 buses) for our FA Vase game against Bishop Lydeard while our Reserves make a long trip in the other direction down to Mawnan.

Would Bodmin benefit by going down the hard reset route similar to Launceston. Bring in a true group of players instead of picking in individuals for one off games?

I'm surprised to see Callington where they area after a good end to last season. They've injected a bit of Youth that has been promising to see.

Fantastic win for Wadebridge last night!