SWPL

EAST

Crediton United              1-0         Sidmouth Town

WEST

Dobwalls                          3-1         Godolphin Atlantic Newquay

Walter C Parson Cup, 1st Round

Plymouth Marjon            0-1         Teignmouth      

Dobwalls 3 Godolphin 1

This was a lively encounter between two fairly young sides.

It was end to end stuff in the first half but neither side could break the deadlock.

The hosts took control in the second period and opened the lead from a well taken corner that was headed home at the far post.

They extended the lead when a young lad fired the ball across goal from out wide which found the far corner.

The game was more or less over when number 3 went in, a cross beyond the far post was controlled by the striker who fired it past the keeper from an acute angle.

Godolphin picked up a consolation goal near the end when a through ball was chased down and toe poked past the advancing keeper.

The referee had a good game, he was constantly talking to the players and let the game flow where practical.

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Dobwalls 3 Godolphin 1

This was a lively encounter between two fairly young sides.

It was end to end stuff in the first half but neither side could break the deadlock.

The hosts took control in the second period and opened the lead from a well taken corner that was headed home at the far post.

They extended the lead when a young lad fired the ball across goal from out wide which found the far corner.

The game was more or less over when number 3 went in, a cross beyond the far post was controlled by the striker who fired it past the keeper from an acute angle.

Godolphin picked up a consolation goal near the end when a through ball was chased down and toe poked past the advancing keeper.

The referee had a good game, he was constantly talking to the players and let the game flow where practical.

Great to see a comment on the ref last night, I agree, I thought the young man did very well, talked loudly to players during the game and let it flow.  A few robust challenges but all good fair tackles, Apart from one bad challenge on the G’s young winger tiernan.

the G have frustrated when I’ve watched this season, either brilliant or way off the pace. Have to say they look a completely different team whenever they play two upfront. So many time I’ve watched Josh running himself into the ground with no support this season. I thought when the G brought on Gavin Halse and Ben they looked much more threatening right away with a well taken goal from Gavin.

just so hard to pick a result with a team special to my heart, one week they beat high flying bude, then lose to st Dennis. 

I actually picked the g with harry pope in charge to do well this season and after a woeful start Newquay have turned their season around very quickly. I’m looking forward to being back down to see the peppermints very soon and watch the exciting young chap in midfield Noah and of course Ross fallens.