Cornwall Football Forum

IMPROVED GRAPHICS OR EARLY VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS UPLOADS? YOUR FEEDBACK PLEASE.

Piran

Rappo made an interesting observation on my earlier thread - the Video Highlights of the Bishops Cleeve FA Cup game. He said that I did well to get the highlights out so soon after the game. This was possible because I have recently acquired a super dooper MacBook Pro laptop and can now edit on the coach or after a game on in the club house if I am hanging around for a lift back. A couple of week ends ago I edited the Torpoint away game on the train bound for London.

I have had discussions within the club about whether I should include more graphics in my videos, particularly team sheets.  I have always maintained  that including a lot of graphics that I cannot create at my leisure before the game (like I do with the officials, names of commentators, intro etc.) adds to the editing and uploading time and the greater likelihood of typos introduced into my videos. 

I have always tried to get my videos out as early as possible- especially the Saturday home games and now the away games where we travel by coach - so that  folk can enjoy them as they tuck into their Sunday breakfasts.It has become my trademark. That has often meant editing into the wee hours of Sunday morning and being shattered all day long. This I cannot maintain any more.  The introduction of the laptop means I can get things completed by midnight. Were I to introduce team sheets, the names of goal scorers and other graphic templates I have at my disposal, the videos would not go out until Sunday evening owing to my Sunday commitments. These graphics really have the potential to become the proverbial "straw that breaks the camel's back". I'm not sure about upload timings for away games not necessitating the use of a coach e.g. Barnstaple, Ilfracombe etc.

So if I were to do a poll for those who regularly watch my videos, I would probably set it up along the following lines:

Would viewers prefer to be able to watch Piran Films video highlights from early on a Sunday morning  as they are now (so far 750 have watched the Bishops Cleeve game as of 7pm Sunday)  or would viewers prefer say a 7pm upload with team sheets and goal scorers incorporated into the videos?

If you could take a couple of minutes out of your day I  would really value your thoughts and feedback please.

Many thanks

Mark

I always think it’s good to get the footage out as quickly as possible so I see no problem with not including the team information.

However, providing its available elsewhere. At the moment I’m struggling to find Helston’s line-up from yesterday anywhere.

Apologies if it is somewhere online and please direct me towards it if I’ve missed it. 

1 hour ago, Piran said:

Rappo made an interesting observation on my earlier thread - the Video Highlights of the Bishops Cleeve FA Cup game. He said that I did well to get the highlights out so soon after the game. This was possible because I have recently acquired a super dooper MacBook Pro laptop and can now edit on the coach or after a game on in the club house if I am hanging around for a lift back. A couple of week ends ago I edited the Torpoint away game on the train bound for London.

I have had discussions within the club about whether I should include more graphics in my videos, particularly team sheets.  I have always maintained  that including a lot of graphics that I cannot create at my leisure before the game (like I do with the officials, names of commentators, intro etc.) adds to the editing and uploading time and the greater likelihood of typos introduced into my videos. 

I have always tried to get my videos out as early as possible- especially the Saturday home games and now the away games where we travel by coach - so that  folk can enjoy them as they tuck into their Sunday breakfasts.It has become my trademark. That has often meant editing into the wee hours of Sunday morning and being shattered all day long. This I cannot maintain any more.  The introduction of the laptop means I can get things completed by midnight. Were I to introduce team sheets, the names of goal scorers and other graphic templates I have at my disposal, the videos would not go out until Sunday evening owing to my Sunday commitments. These graphics really have the potential to become the proverbial "straw that breaks the camel's back". I'm not sure about upload timings for away games not necessitating the use of a coach e.g. Barnstaple, Ilfracombe etc.

So if I were to do a poll for those who regularly watch my videos, I would probably set it up along the following lines:

Would viewers prefer to be able to watch Piran Films video highlights from early on a Sunday morning  as they are now (so far 750 have watched the Bishops Cleeve game as of 7pm Sunday)  or would viewers prefer say a 7pm upload with team sheets and goal scorers incorporated into the videos?

If you could take a couple of minutes out of your day I  would really value your thoughts and feedback please.

Many thanks

Mark

Although I enjoy all the videos I’d prefer more depth to include team sheets pre and post match interviews, even if not available till after the weekend , sure you’ve seen the videos on you tube with boa covering dorking wanderers . ( which has a big follow ing ) keep up the great work 👍

11 hours ago, le boss said:

They usually do post them on twitter before a game. Was surprised they did not for this one. 

Admin was at a wedding unfortunately, managed to get score updates out, but unfortunately did not receive the team, they asked, but did not receive. I’m sure tomorrow’s line up for the replay will be published beforehand.