Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup results

Carharrack 1, Chacewater 4.

Should have worn my "Grumpy Old Man" T-shirt this afternoon, not my usual "Car-Har-Rack" one! Arrived to find electrical problem meant no leccy at the ground, so no tea hut, no tea, no bacon butties. Embarrassing for Carharrack because the showers are electrical as well. Next grouse, why do parents bring children to football matches and then fail to supervise them? During the minute's silence for HMtQ, three children ran playfully and happily across a corner of the pitch. No parental reaction at all; plus, there were children kicking footballs up and down in front of the covered area. At least twice and inevitably, their footballs ended up on the pitch, with grown men playing football. Any of those children could have been mown down by a speeding player or a hard-hit ball out of play. Nothing registered with the parents. Others had sent their children to the car-park area: a bit safer and showing more sense. Plus, I COMPLETELY mis-read the weather conditions and sat baking in 2 t-shirts, a cardi and denim jacket plus jeans. At least at half-time I shed most of the insulation, got some cold drinks from Val and cooled off in the 2nd half.

Just as well as, with the first half safely negotiated with a 1 - 0 lead (24th minute from a scramble after a RW corner), the 2nd half was terrible from Carharrack's point of view. They'd seen at least 2 cast-iron chances squandered in the 1st half and faced playing up the slope. Chacewater equalised on 51 with a route one goal - dreadful! Then they went 2 - 1 up with what looked suspiciously like a rehearsed FK move - well done, the Greens: evidence of training sessions actually being acted on. ('Course, it might have been a bit of spontaneous initiative!) That was minute 56 and a minute later there was a massive brawl at the edge of Chacewater's box. People running onto the pitch to join in. I mean, what? Eventually it was sorted out and Carharrack's Dario was sent off: dunno what for, but must have been self-inflicted. Terrible to see a visiting fan of about 13 punching the roof of the covered area in apparent frustration - as he LEFT the pitch - again, no parental remonstration.

From that point it was clear that many of the Carharrack players just gave up. On 70 it was 1 - 3, a well taken goal from the right channel. Near the end a Carharrack player was in possession by the right Corner flag with not a red shirt within 25 yards of him, and none even moving in his direction. Said it all. My view was obscured of the 4th goal on 90 + 1.

Carharrack players were constantly being caught in possession. Time and time again. That's when they weren't passing to green shirts. 4 out of 14 2nd half throw-ins went to the opposition and I logged 27 CIPs in the last 30 minutes.

Hope the leccy is back on next week! Ho hum!

Gerrans & St Mawes 8 St Cleer 0

An immaculately observed minutes silence took place before the game.

GSM took the lead after 8 mins when Jason Busby converted a free kick from just outside the area. GSM went 2 up after25 when Jason Chapman broke down the left before crossing the ball to Hayden Carwse who deftly brought the ball back on to his left foot before rifling the ball passed the keeper. Half-time 2-0

St Cleer came out and pinned GSM back at the start of the second half but failed to trouble Reehan in the GSM gaol. 62 mins and a Charlie Andrew long throw was headed home at the near post by Floyd-Norris. Within a minute it was 4 as Jason Busby grabbed his second with a far post head after a near post flick on from a corner. 71 GSM sent a free kick in to the area that was sliced by the defender off the bar to Keeland England who smashed the ball home at the far post. 2 minutes later and another long throw from Charlie Andrew was flicked home at the near post by Dan O'Hagan. GSM were rampant and on 75 Marco Braz fed Cody Tregunna who was fouled in the act of shooting and the ref awarded a pen. Up stepped Cody to calmly slot the ball home. 82 mins and GSM were awarded a second penalty when Charlie Andrew was brought down in the box. Charlie slotted home to make it 8.

GSM Utd through to the second round.

Thanks to the ref and linos from both sides. Good luck to St Cleer for the rest of the season.

Next week GSM start their league campaign away at North Petherwin Res.

MOM - Charlie Andrew

2 hours ago, Ian B said:

Gerrans & St Mawes 8 St Cleer 0

An immaculately observed minutes silence took place before the game.

GSM took the lead after 8 mins when Jason Busby converted a free kick from just outside the area. GSM went 2 up after25 when Jason Chapman broke down the left before crossing the ball to Hayden Carwse who deftly brought the ball back on to his left foot before rifling the ball passed the keeper. Half-time 2-0

St Cleer came out and pinned GSM back at the start of the second half but failed to trouble Reehan in the GSM gaol. 62 mins and a Charlie Andrew long throw was headed home at the near post by Floyd-Norris. Within a minute it was 4 as Jason Busby grabbed his second with a far post head after a near post flick on from a corner. 71 GSM sent a free kick in to the area that was sliced by the defender off the bar to Keeland England who smashed the ball home at the far post. 2 minutes later and another long throw from Charlie Andrew was flicked home at the near post by Dan O'Hagan. GSM were rampant and on 75 Marco Braz fed Cody Tregunna who was fouled in the act of shooting and the ref awarded a pen. Up stepped Cody to calmly slot the ball home. 82 mins and GSM were awarded a second penalty when Charlie Andrew was brought down in the box. Charlie slotted home to make it 8.

GSM Utd through to the second round.

Thanks to the ref and linos from both sides. Good luck to St Cleer for the rest of the season.

Next week GSM start their league campaign away at North Petherwin Res.

MOM - Charlie Andrew

Floydy must be one of the top scoring centre backs in Cornwall 😅

dan o Hagan is that the Danny o hagan? 

8 hours ago, cornish leg end said:

Floydy must be one of the top scoring centre backs in Cornwall 😅

dan o Hagan is that the Danny o hagan? 

Yes center backs with a combined age of 87! and birthday boy Jimmy day at full back fast approaching 40! Danny’s class! It was quite nice to play alongside him when I have played against him in the past I couldn’t really appreciate him as I could never get that close to him!

4 hours ago, chesterfield said:

Yes center backs with a combined age of 87! and birthday boy Jimmy day at full back fast approaching 40! Danny’s class! It was quite nice to play alongside him when I have played against him in the past I couldn’t really appreciate him as I could never get that close to him!

Always a class act on the pitch & a great guy off it. 👍🏼

On 18/09/2022 at 07:04, chesterfield said:

Jimmy Day isn’t even 35 yet 🧐

6 minutes ago, Saturday_Social said:

How do you get round too watch so many different teams? You seem to have an opinion on everyone. 

I do get around a lot of games couple during the week and one on a Saturday don’t follow anyone just enjoy watching football although the standard isn’t the same anymore. I’ll get down to a meva game next and see if I’m wrong. Use to be a good strong side 7/8 years ago with trudgeon playing. 

33 minutes ago, cornish leg end said:

I do get around a lot of games couple during the week and one on a Saturday don’t follow anyone just enjoy watching football although the standard isn’t the same anymore. I’ll get down to a meva game next and see if I’m wrong. Use to be a good strong side 7/8 years ago with trudgeon playing. 

Standard isn't the same anymore? How old are you? 🤣🤣🤣

Taken from the

Penzance Reserves v Falmouth United matchday programme

Cornwall Junior Cup

First Round

Caharrack 1-4 Chacewater

Castle Loyale 1-2 North Hill

Falmouth DC 4-1 Stithians

Foxhole Stars Reserves 3-4 Mevagissey

Gerrans & St Mawes United 8-0 St Cleer

Lizard Argyle Reserves 2-5 Pendeen Rovers Reserves

Mawnan Reserves 2-4 West Cornwall