St Minver 2 Liskeard Athletic 1

St Teath 0 Torpoint Athletic 5

Wadebridge Town 0 Nanpean Rovers 3

Tuesday 20th

Cornwall Intermediate Cup First Round 

Falmouth Town 2 Foxhole 3

Clive Rosevear Insurance League Cup First Round 7.30pm ko

Newquay Academy 0 Liskeard Athletic 3

• ECPL changed the title to Combellack Vehicles Recyclers ECPL For 16th, 17th and 20th September

I

16 hours ago, Rjw87 said:

St Columb Major 5-1 St Blazey FT

Fantastic win for St Columb Major, probably could of scored a lot more in truth and totally dominated from start to finish. Not a lot they could of done about the St Blazey goal, some strike in all honesty. 

I think the very young st blazey side played better than what you suggest.. yes you deservedly won the game but we created a few chances and hit the woodwork..totally dominated I don’t think so

35 minutes ago, dave bunt said:

Falmouth 2 Foxhole 3

2-0 up at half time against a very strong, young, rapid Falmouth 2s side. Falmouth scored 2 quick goals after the break and were by far the better side in the 2nd half. But our main man again, doodles gets us the winner with 2 mins left, from great work down the right side from jowan Dingle. 
legs are heavy. I’m getting old. Good luck to Falmouth for their season. 

Tuesday 20th September 2022

Falmouth reserves 2 (Jack Davies pen 53, Ryan Martt 60) Foxhole 3 (Bould 29, 38, Beresford 84)

The fantastic Foxes booked their place in the next round of the Intermediate Cup after a hard-fought match at Bickland Park. The youthful home team were excellent, albeit without creating a host of clear cut opportunities, belying their lowly league position in St Piran West to skilfully knock the ball around to great effect. Consequently, the visitors had to dig deep, earning their victory with determination and endeavour, weathering an early storm to begin to play some decent stuff themselves. From one such move, Damerell broke down the left to deliver a great cross for Bould to loop a header over the keeper, before the striker doubled the lead with a composed finish following good work by Aidan Dingle. 

Prynn had only been called into serious action twice in the first half, each time reacting well to smother drives that would otherwise have crept inside his near post, but he had no chance with Davies' spot-kick soon after the restart, awarded for a trip by Lee Rickard. The home tails were up, and the equaliser by Martt, tapping home a rebound, was coming. At that stage Falmouth appeared the more likely winners, but Foxhole held firm superbly despite tiring, and found a late winner when Beresford swivelled to find the corner of the net after Jowan Dingle's dangerous centre was only partially cleared.

Foxhole (4-3-3): James Prynn; Brodie Mitchell, Luke Damerell, Angel Coates, Lee Rickard; Aidan Dingle, Jake Couch, Aaron Beresford; Jowan Dingle, Courtney Rowe, Benno Bould. Subs: Caleb Hawkin, Carl Rickard, Lewis Stockley.

Falmouth: George Evans, Max Everall, Oliver Henwood, Ethan Jorey, Ryan Martt, Connor McCarthy, Oliver Pickup, Zach Telling, Jasper Turner, Jude Warr, Byron Wood. Subs: Isaac Baldwin, Tashi Briar, Jack Davies, Ollie Moody, Dan Richardson.

Well played the super Foxes. Good luck to Falmouth. Many thanks to Tim Burley and the Falmouth lino.

On 18/09/2022 at 09:03, Peach said:

I

I think the very young st blazey side played better than what you suggest.. yes you deservedly won the game but we created a few chances and hit the woodwork..totally dominated I don’t think so

What a load of tosh 😂 St Blazey were totally outplayed. If it wasn’t for your goalkeeper St Columb would of scored about 8 or 9. St Blazey had a couple chances, but St Columb were in total control and comfortable winners. 

Went and watched Newquay Academy last night vs Liskeard Reserves very good game but Newquay lost 3-0 to a brilliant Liskeard team who have got some outstanding players especially the player i had come to watch Finn Bartlett he was brilliant and scored a great goal ,but they had a lot of good players especially the tall no5 he was class so confident on the ball .Newquay had there chances but like the 1st team they need a striker and Liskeard goalie pulled off a hell of a save 

Liskeard went 1-0 up from young Finn then they went 2-0 up after a complete balls up from Newquay goalie Dan McKenna who let in a shot which was straight at him he let it go under him and go in 

It was good to see Darren Gilbert up there last night with the Liskeard team i was thinking this isnt the same Darren Gilbert who use to rant and rage at the officials and players he was good as gold and he was enjoying football and watching his son Will play and what a player he is also .It must upset Darren seeing his old Bodmin team playing so badly and i had Bodmin to finish 3rd in the league i think must of been on something or got Dementia.

Newquay Academy do have some good individuals but they are not on the same calibre as Liskeard ,last night and my mom for Liskeard was ther Captain Jack  Podmore you could tell the young players respected him 

Im taking a trip to St Mawgan this Saturday to see them play Truro youngsters play in the cup going to set off early to find the ground never been there before hope its not raining  

Thanks for your kind words Steve, centre half (5) Dan Hinks was very good and our captain is Jack Podmore, he’s stepped down to the reserves this season and is now offering fantastic support to our youngsters, he’s our Rolls Royce at the back or in centre mid. With Jacks huge experience of the game and with the most successful manager in Cornish football in the dugout, our youngsters will most certainly benefit.

And i finally got to sample one of “those” sausage rolls!! 👌

I went up there to see Finn Bartlett play Jon i heard he was very good but you know what rumours are like well he didnt dissapoint he was brilliant Newquay just couldnt cope with him just uploaded pics up on the Cornish Soccer site on Facebook they are not very good camera no good for night time footy . Good luck to the rest of the season hope to watch the talented young Liskeard side again ,and i wouldnt be surprised to see young Finn playing against Godolphin next week he is very good .

Smokie was very impressed he enjoyed the nice evening instead of getting soaked ,im trying to find  a fixture list to see when the Liskeard team are down here again Jon but cant 1 anywhere because if Newquay or the G are away that weekend i would go and watch them play if locally .Look forward to hearing you and Deacs and Rappo Podcast Jon i usually listen to it Saturday morning because thers just so much Cooking programs you can take .Have a good day mate swimming time for me now