Buckland Athletic 3-0   Cadbury Heath

Ilfracombe Town   1-3   Saltash United 

Keynsham Town  1-1  Falmouth Town   

Mousehole  2-0    Sherborne Town

Torpoint Athletic    P-P      Bitton

Wellington   4-2  Welton Rovers

2 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

A and B v Street P-P

Street can’t raise a side according to Twitter. 

😮 Shocking at this level. 

Edit: just seen the twitter post from A&B, very oddly worded as they say we were prepared to play, hinting there's been more to it than is being let on. Street's twitter not mentioned it as yet though. 

39 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Might not be a straight forward “unable to raise a side” as I understand club asked for date to be kept free and then it’s put in with less than a week’s notice!

Phil Hiscox of the SW Peninsula League has a system in which you can request a blank Saturday if you are aware of specific events coming up (Boardmasters, stag weekends and weddings etc), does the Western League have the same? If not, hopefully it's an innovation that Phil takes with him when the leagues merge.

3 hours ago, quiksilver said:

Could be 3 points awarded to torpoint……they need them 

This is not a laughing matter. The fact of the matter is, there was a phone call at 11:30 this morning from Bitton, which is too late really. By then everything is ready from the food being  prepared to the programme being printed. This should not happen at Step 5 football!

2 minutes ago, The Torpoint Massive said:

This is not a laughing matter. The fact of the matter is, I had a phone call at 11:30 this morning from Bitton, which is too late really. By then everything is ready from the food being  prepared to the programme being printed. This should not happen at Step 5 football!

You can’t odds a coach breaking down Jesus Christ a mate of mine plays for bitton and sent me a video of them still there at 2pm I appreciate the revenue being lost and the preparation for a match day going to waste but to say it should not happen at step 5 is abit of a stretch. 

1 hour ago, The Torpoint Massive said:

This is not a laughing matter. The fact of the matter is, there was a phone call at 11:30 this morning from Bitton, which is too late really. By then everything is ready from the food being  prepared to the programme being printed. This should not happen at Step 5 football!

As Parkway coach going northbound pulled into Gordano around 1115, saw Bitton coach in car park with loads of players mooching around looking peed off. No conspiracy, I saw 👀 it.  You cannot predict breakdowns 🤷‍♂️

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 17 September 2022

Long drive to Ilfracombe and back but done on a Saturday this season! 

Blistering start saw Ashes 2-0 in first 10 before Ilfracombe scored from direct free kick.

Third before halftime killed the game with the last rites being administered by the referee. 

Somehow he found 13 mins of added time. Lord knows how but he found them and by the heck he played them!! 

On 17/09/2022 at 11:29, Way Of The Park said:

Phil Hiscox of the SW Peninsula League has a system in which you can request a blank Saturday if you are aware of specific events coming up (Boardmasters, stag weekends and weddings etc), does the Western League have the same? If not, hopefully it's an innovation that Phil takes with him when the leagues merge.

You can request but there is no guarantee. Like In life it’s give and take. So for example we asked to go a club on a Saturday before the fixtures were done but offered another one would have to be midweek as a result.