Launceston      0-4       Wadebridge Town 

Mullion            5-0          St Dennis 

Newquay          0-0       Liskeard Athletic 

Penzance         3-0       Callington Town 

St Blazey           4-1       Bodmin Town 

Sticker             1-2       Bude Town 

Wendron United   6-1   Godolphin Atlantic Newquay 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 17 September 2022

I thought this was a very good 0-0 draw from 2 really good teams ,i had to struggle to think this was the same Newquay side who where poor against Sticker on Wednesday night i thought they where really good today every player played well a 1st class team performance especially the brilliant defence for keeping the prolific strikers Lorenz and Jennings quiet not many teams will do that hope the G can do the same when Liskeard play at Godolphin way very soon .

There wasnt a lot of spectacular saves that was due to both lots of defence who where really good and the strikers didnt have a lot of chances but Alex Cole was causing lot of problems for the Liskeard defence in the 1st half they couldnt cope wirh his speed and he was unlucky with a couple of shots which Luke Gwillian saved comfortly .James Lorenz had a very quiet game but you give him 1 chance and he will score but Newquay never gave him that chance Nick Boase Tom Whipp Brad Leivers and Jake Shaw didnt give them a chance and the midfield where Brilliant i have been watching Newquay for over 60 years and young Noah Teagle is 1 of the best i have ever seen in a Newquay shirt this young lad will go far ,for a young lad he has a old head on his shoulders and his range of passing is amazing well done young man .

This game was nail biting right to the final whistle Newquay had a free kick right at the end in Cam Territory only trouble he had been subbed off earlier if only he had been on the pitch who knows it could of been a victory for the Peppermints 

I thought the ref Aidan Madden had a very good game my mom for Newquay im given it to Ross Fallens even though it was given to Brad Leivers but Ross played a real captains game and was magnificent and for Liskeard im going for Max Gilbert his passing is brilliant 

I would like to add a couple of things before the match the Liskeard joint manager Martin Hodge came over where i was sitting and asked how i was but he also asked how Smokie was after he hurt his paw at St DENNIS when Liskeard played there last year i thought this was lovely he asked and i really appreciated that what a nice thing to do what a Gentleman him and Reg Hambly are real class . 

Ok nearly finished i would like to wish Dylan Peel who is in the London Marathon this year all the best he came on as a sub and i was praying he didnt get injured and have to miss his fundraising at the event also wish Neil Slateford all the best who is also in the Marathon ,i would sponsor them but i am sponsoring someone who is doing it for McMillan Nurses and Cancer Research i wouldnt be here now if it wasnt for them they where Angels when i was feeling like shit Had a bit of a hick up a few months ago i thought the prostate Cancer was back after being in agony with back pain and Peeing out blood but the scans showed it was Polyps and they where got rid of 

Well done Newquay could be silver ware coming this year but i think Liskeard will definitly be near the top along with Blazey and Wendron 

30 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I thought this was a very good 0-0 draw from 2 really good teams ,i had to struggle to think this was the same Newquay side who where poor against Sticker on Wednesday night i thought they where really good today every player played well a 1st class team performance especially the brilliant defence for keeping the prolific strikers Lorenz and Jennings quiet not many teams will do that hope the G can do the same when Liskeard play at Godolphin way very soon .

There wasnt a lot of spectacular saves that was due to both lots of defence who where really good and the strikers didnt have a lot of chances but Alex Cole was causing lot of problems for the Liskeard defence in the 1st half they couldnt cope wirh his speed and he was unlucky with a couple of shots which Luke Gwillian saved comfortly .James Lorenz had a very quiet game but you give him 1 chance and he will score but Newquay never gave him that chance Nick Boase Tom Whipp Brad Leivers and Jake Shaw didnt give them a chance and the midfield where Brilliant i have been watching Newquay for over 60 years and young Noah Teagle is 1 of the best i have ever seen in a Newquay shirt this young lad will go far ,for a young lad he has a old head on his shoulders and his range of passing is amazing well done young man .

This game was nail biting right to the final whistle Newquay had a free kick right at the end in Cam Territory only trouble he had been subbed off earlier if only he had been on the pitch who knows it could of been a victory for the Peppermints 

I thought the ref Aidan Madden had a very good game my mom for Newquay im given it to Ross Fallens even though it was given to Brad Leivers but Ross played a real captains game and was magnificent and for Liskeard im going for Max Gilbert his passing is brilliant 

I would like to add a couple of things before the match the Liskeard joint manager Martin Hodge came over where i was sitting and asked how i was but he also asked how Smokie was after he hurt his paw at St DENNIS when Liskeard played there last year i thought this was lovely he asked and i really appreciated that what a nice thing to do what a Gentleman him and Reg Hambly are real class . 

Ok nearly finished i would like to wish Dylan Peel who is in the London Marathon this year all the best he came on as a sub and i was praying he didnt get injured and have to miss his fundraising at the event also wish Neil Slateford all the best who is also in the Marathon ,i would sponsor them but i am sponsoring someone who is doing it for McMillan Nurses and Cancer Research i wouldnt be here now if it wasnt for them they where Angels when i was feeling like shit Had a bit of a hick up a few months ago i thought the prostate Cancer was back after being in agony with back pain and Peeing out blood but the scans showed it was Polyps and they where got rid of 

Well done Newquay could be silver ware coming this year but i think Liskeard will definitly be near the top along with Blazey and Wendron 

Good right up here. Ashton in goal for nqy had a excellent game again hes very important to this young team has him Leivers whipp and fallens have a strong spine after a difficult start. Well done nqy a point is good and thank u to management. Tough start to season and have now got great feel to Mount wise

46 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Regarding the "two horse race" that most people had it down as, the gap is now 10 points between Blazey and Liskeard. Very early days, but could take a bit of pegging back.

I saw Liskeard at Camelford in the week and they made hard work in defeating the Camels who had veteran outfield player Bobby Hopkinson in goal. They play nice football. They have two great SWPL strikers  (DJ and Lorenz) and other excellent forward minded players but were so profligate in front of goal. FOUR times they struck the crossbar! Camels were obdurate but little more!

2 hours ago, RAPPO said:

LAUNCESTON  (0) 0

WADEBRIDGE  (3) 4    Beare 21'  Rapsey 26'  Gerken 29'  Lloyd 59'

ATT  70

out for a meal with friends down for the weekend, then my mates wedding do tonight, do a little report later, possibly a drunken one 😊🍻

Glad you made it 'up north' Rappo. Hope you didn't get a nosebleed being so close to the Devon border 😉A stroll in the park for the Bridgers today with some defensive naivety helping the visitors. Some nice crisp passing football from the visiting team. Lanson didn't really threaten the Wadebridge goal all afternoon. With the next two games being Liskeard (A) and a Vase trip to Bickland Park next Saturday it promises to be a difficult week ahead!!

2 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

I saw Liskeard at Camelford in the week and they made hard work in defeating the Camels who had veteran outfield player Bobby Hopkinson in goal. They play nice football. They have two great SWPL strikers  (DJ and Lorenz) and other excellent forward minded players but were so profligate in front of goal. FOUR times they struck the crossbar! Camels were obdurate but little more!

Could the two horse race though be between Bude and Mullion ?

32 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Callington seem to be struggling after looking positive at beginnings of the season what going wrong there.  

I still say Bude are the only team I give a chance of stopping Blazey. 

They have lost a few more players another gone to blazey, vooght I think , , couple went to Launceston, they never have a settled side, today's team looked the strongest it could be , but I noticed short on subs , they have added some promising young players, but same as anyone really are they good enough, I hope the chairman holds his nerve there ,as Shaun is  decent manager at this level ,in the end money talks with the better players chasing it!they have lost several players to blazey since last season.

12 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Callington seem to be struggling after looking positive at beginnings of the season what going wrong there.

Difficult to know if the early season positive look was actually just a one off good result against Liskeard and we were all tricked!

Today’s starting line-up only had three of the starting 11 who played at Liskeard, although the three subs in that game at Lux Park did begin today’s game.

Ian Thomas was unlucky early on with his shot hitting the post on 20 minutes and pretty much straight after that Ben Waters was put through, but his shot was straight at the Penzance keeper.

Their performance today seemed all too rushed and frenetic without too much of a passing game and they came up a Penzance defence who got anything they could behind the ball to deny Callington.

Jacob Trudgeon finished off some good work from Darryl Richards for his first, his second was a cross from way out wide which left the Callington keeper waving at the ball as it went in under the cross bar at the far side netting and the third, in the second half, killed off any come back hopes as Richards finished well after being put through by Silas Sullivan.

Trudgeon hit a late penalty against an upright thereby not getting a hat-trick while Callington went close late on with Waters hitting the cross-bar probably the closest they came to scoring.

Dobwalls 0 Camelford 1

Both teams forced to field changed teams today with the rare occurrence of two outfield players turning out in goal, Jordan Stidson for Dobwalls and Bobby Hopkinson for Camelford, both of whom had good games, especially Stidson who was the busier of the two. Camelford probably looked the more likely to score but Dobwalls had a very good chance to take the lead but Castlehouse (I think) headed the ball down into the ground for it to then bounce over  the Camelford goal to reach halftime nil nil. Neither side looked like breaking the deadlock until in the 75th minute Camelford hit the bar for Downing to net the rebound. Dobwalls never really looked like equalising and Camelford left with the 3 points. Not a classic, poor attendance of less than 50 I would guess, referee did ok although both teams in the main well behaved. 

Wendron 6 Godolphin 1.

Slightly mis-leading final result at Underlane today as 1-1 at half-time and Godolphin still in the game at 2-1 with about 20 to go.

Looked a very young Godolphin starting eleven. Some decent looking players though with two excellent young centre-halfs. Didn't get the names but the number 5 was particularly noticeable in how comfortable he was on the ball, bringing the ball out from defence and starting numerous attacks. Midfielders seem to hate this!

In the end, Wendron's class showed as they scored some excellent team goals, helped as Godolphin's youngsters' heads went down understandably. However, if they can keep this side together, and add a bit more physicality in midfield, they should be ok. (Someone is bound to come in for at least one of those centre-half though, and Matty Walker, although he was quiet today)

Agree with the comment earlier in the thread though about Dan Stedman rushing out of the box and taking out Matty Walker. Two defenders in the vicinity yes but with no-one in goal, Walker would surely have converted the chance. Looked like a possible sending-off to me. Sort of decision that goes against you when you are struggling.

2 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Glad you made it 'up north' Rappo. Hope you didn't get a nosebleed being so close to the Devon border 😉A stroll in the park for the Bridgers today with some defensive naivety helping the visitors. Some nice crisp passing football from the visiting team. Lanson didn't really threaten the Wadebridge goal all afternoon. With the next two games being Liskeard (A) and a Vase trip to Bickland Park next Saturday it promises to be a difficult week ahead!!

Good summing up BSOTT! Haha always enjoyed my trips to Pennygillam mate! Have had a couple nosebleeds up there though in the past! Remember Dave Jones landing an elbow on my bugle in the early 90s on a nice cold day! He did get me a shandy in the bar after though, good bloke and great defender! Yeah the Bridgers knocked it around well 1st half and those 3 goals in 8 minutes blew the Clarets away really although Rob did make a couple saves just before half time. 2nd half it was basically job done and a comfortable afternoon without any threat to the goal of note. Couple of tough trips to come for Launceston there for sure! Good luck to them 👍

42 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

Wendron 6 Godolphin 1.

Slightly mis-leading final result at Underlane today as 1-1 at half-time and Godolphin still in the game at 2-1 with about 20 to go.

Looked a very young Godolphin starting eleven. Some decent looking players though with two excellent young centre-halfs. Didn't get the names but the number 5 was particularly noticeable in how comfortable he was on the ball, bringing the ball out from defence and starting numerous attacks. Midfielders seem to hate this!

In the end, Wendron's class showed as they scored some excellent team goals, helped as Godolphin's youngsters' heads went down understandably. However, if they can keep this side together, and add a bit more physicality in midfield, they should be ok. (Someone is bound to come in for at least one of those centre-half though, and Matty Walker, although he was quiet today)

Agree with the comment earlier in the thread though about Dan Stedman rushing out of the box and taking out Matty Walker. Two defenders in the vicinity yes but with no-one in goal, Walker would surely have converted the chance. Looked like a possible sending-off to me. Sort of decision that goes against you when you are struggling.

Defo sending off for me , not a godolphin fan but if that wasn’t a red how does a goalie ever get sent off as even last man in box it’s a pen and yellow cause of this double jeopardy thing , but outside stopping an obvious goal ( easy to get ball past defender)seemed had to be a red and could understand their managers shouts/appeal . 

Screenshot_20220918_110956.thumb.jpg.65c73cc42ec7b6bdcf41e06f2acf039f.jpgLAUNCESTON  (0) 0

ATT  70

MOM   Sam Gerken (Wadebridge)   * pictured making it 3-0 with a powerful header from a corner.

Launceston came into the match unbeaten in the last two games after a difficult start to the season. The Bridgers were on a decent run themselves winning the last two matches by a 2-0 scoreline and excellent keeper Rob Rosevear looking for his third straight clean sheet. Was watching him warm up before the game and he looks like a keeper on top of his game, footy a great game when you’re full of confidence that Robs performances adhere to with the excellent help of superb keeper coach Wayne Roberts, great guy to have around for Rower and the rest of his team. Talking of great keepers was nice to catch up with Paul Spider Hider an old mate and  a bloke that’s cost me a few goals over the years that’s for sure!! Now assisting ex pro Neil Price in the home dugout. Spider mentioned their performances are on the up and mentioned a few good players in their fairly young team, must say I was impressed with the diminutive number 4 James Hanson who looked really sharp in midfield, a recent signing from Callington I believe? 

The visitors were right at it from the start though and Matt Lloyd was unlucky when he curled a 15 yard shot against the foot of the post in the 5th minute. He went clear ten minutes later but shot wide of the post under pressure from a covering defender chasing back. The Bridgers got the goal their dominance deserved in the 21st minute and also the best of the game when captain Tom Strike picked out man of the match Sam Gerken with a lovely little clip into space on the right where Gerken drilled the ball back to the edge of the area and Ross Beare met it with a fantastic strike across the keeper and into the far corner. The lead was doubled 5 minutes later when Lloyd cut in from the left and drilled the ball across the 6 yard box for the keeper to parry out but Jack Rapsey was on the spot to react quickest and head in the rebound. 3 goals in 8 minutes where completed when Morgan Vallejos pinpoint inswinging corner was met by the superb Gerken to power home a near post header his performance deserved on the day.

The in form Jacob Smale then cut in from the right after 38’ but shot wide at the near post with a couple of players in better positions. Launceston offered their best response of the game with two efforts on goal after 41’ and 43’ leading up to the break. Both efforts were created on the left with Rosevear parrying out the first shot to his left before making an even better save with his feet at his near post. Lloyd was well placed right on half time but his low strike saw the keeper sit on the ball to save. The busy Lloyd cut in from the right 3 minutes into the 2nd half but mishit his shot straight at the keeper from 12 yards but he was eventually not to be denied a goal in the 59th minute when a badly underhit back pass saw him race on and get to the ball before the keeper to toe poke past him into the far corner. 

The Bridgers showed their strength in depth using all 5 quality substitutes and seeing out the game quite comfortably in the last half hour with a match against title favourites St.Blazey to come on Weds night, and without the hosts ever really threatening their goal again in the 2nd half where Rosevear has now gone 294 minutes without conceding a goal, but with Blazey coming to Town with 8 wins from 8 and the only 100 %  record in the league after their 4-1 win over Bodmin today and the news of  fellow favourites Liskeard playing out a goalless draw at Newquay it’s everything to play for.

WADEBRIDGE

1) Rosevear

20) Gerken, ️  5) Simmonds,   19) Carron,   2) Harris,

6) Beare,   4) Strike (c)   14)Vallejo,

11) Smale,   8) Rapsey   10) Lloyd 

Subs)  7) Reski,  21) Rowe,  17) Sargent,  15) Shepherd,  16) McLachlan.

First post and other side of the coin on the supposed DOGSO.   (Interest to declare - Dan's my son)

Below at the bottom is the FA guidance - Law 12 - Fouls and Misconduct (thefa.com).  Foul happened outside the box so 1st Para is not relevant.  2nd Para not relevant as Dan did not handle the ball. 

He received a back pass in the penalty box onto his right foot, and was immediately pressed.  Nothing he couldn't normally cope with.  Rather than clear immediately (as he feared it may be blocked and the rebound go into the goal) he flicked the ball away from the press to his left and in normal circumstances would have then cleared it with his left foot.  However his flick forward and away from the press was clumsy and heavy and it went beyond the penalty box and out of his control.  He then rushed out to the ball which was now outside the box near the pen box corner on the assistant ref side.  A Godolfin player got to it before him and pushed the ball past him on Dan's left side and away from goal.  Dan slowed but knees collided and he fouled the Godolphin player, who tumbled to the floor.  

So:

1 - the foul happened outside the box. 

2-  Wendron defenders were now in the box, so by definition behind him as the foul happened outside the box.

3 - The ball was played away from goal by the Godolfin player,

Under the the guidance below is it a red or  a yellow?  I don't read any circumstance leading to a Red.  Dan however afterwards did say  "Either I foulded him or it may have been a goal"  So it was a professional foul that happens all the time and he got the yellow the laws dictate.   If the ball had been pushed to his right and towards goal then it would be a more debatable as a red card as the question would be were the defenders sufficiently positioned to not make Dan the last man. The ball would now have crossed the penalty box line and been approaching the 6 yard box (not as was the case where the ball crossed the penalty box line and was running close and parrallel to short side of the penalty box.) 

In this instance there was no real crowding of the ref.  Dan made his case and left.  To loud shouts of "not to bottle it" the Ref went to consult with the assistant and a decision was made.  Who would be a referee ? 

It was at an important part of the match as the first half had been 1-1 and Godolfin were frustrating Wendron sufficiently that there was a potential that Wendron would not find their form in the 2nd half and bring to bare their co-ordinated play.  Would going 1-2 down at that point been sufficient to put Wendron off their stride?  last year perhaps but I would hope they are a much more composed team this year.   

image.thumb.png.ab493b675dcf26fa69020303de3a5bcc.png

9 hours ago, The Town Man said:

Wendron 6 Godolphin 1.

Out scouting these days then Town Man ? 🤔

Went to Blazey. 

Routine win 4 -1.

Hat trick for Liam Eddy, nothing new about that.

Pitch in emaculate condition.

Excellent Referee.

Players and Team Management on their best behavior. 

Everyone respected the pre match minutes silence.

On this performance St.Blazey will be hosting Western League ️ next season. 

8 hours ago, JJS said:

First post and other side of the coin on the supposed DOGSO.   (Interest to declare - Dan's my son)

Below at the bottom is the FA guidance - Law 12 - Fouls and Misconduct (thefa.com).  Foul happened outside the box so 1st Para is not relevant.  2nd Para not relevant as Dan did not handle the ball. 

He received a back pass in the penalty box onto his right foot, and was immediately pressed.  Nothing he couldn't normally cope with.  Rather than clear immediately (as he feared it may be blocked and the rebound go into the goal) he flicked the ball away from the press to his left and in normal circumstances would have then cleared it with his left foot.  However his flick forward and away from the press was clumsy and heavy and it went beyond the penalty box and out of his control.  He then rushed out to the ball which was now outside the box near the pen box corner on the assistant ref side.  A Godolfin player got to it before him and pushed the ball past him on Dan's left side and away from goal.  Dan slowed but knees collided and he fouled the Godolphin player, who tumbled to the floor.  

So:

1 - the foul happened outside the box. 

2-  Wendron defenders were now in the box, so by definition behind him as the foul happened outside the box.

3 - The ball was played away from goal by the Godolfin player,

Under the the guidance below is it a red or  a yellow?  I don't read any circumstance leading to a Red.  Dan however afterwards did say  "Either I foulded him or it may have been a goal"  So it was a professional foul that happens all the time and he got the yellow the laws dictate.   If the ball had been pushed to his right and towards goal then it would be a more debatable as a red card as the question would be were the defenders sufficiently positioned to not make Dan the last man. The ball would now have crossed the penalty box line and been approaching the 6 yard box (not as was the case where the ball crossed the penalty box line and was running close and parrallel to short side of the penalty box.) 

In this instance there was no real crowding of the ref.  Dan made his case and left.  To loud shouts of "not to bottle it" the Ref went to consult with the assistant and a decision was made.  Who would be a referee ? 

It was at an important part of the match as the first half had been 1-1 and Godolfin were frustrating Wendron sufficiently that there was a potential that Wendron would not find their form in the 2nd half and bring to bare their co-ordinated play.  Would going 1-2 down at that point been sufficient to put Wendron off their stride?  last year perhaps but I would hope they are a much more composed team this year.   

image.thumb.png.ab493b675dcf26fa69020303de3a5bcc.png

Very good... but you failed to read the bit above this that states reasons for a red card "denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offenders goal by an offence punishable by a free kick"

From your description it sounds like the attacker was moving away from goal hence the yellow card. 

There's no such things as "last man" in the laws of the game. Its DOGSO "denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity" 

Screenshot_20220918_085145.jpg

I just pasted in the conditions below 🙂 for brevity. Your right, my view is the ref and assistant must have thought the final flow and position of defenders did not warrant a red.  Of course they may have just been bloody minded and did the opposite of what was being screamed at them from the Godolfin bench. Who knows.  

Dan was certainly flirting with a red card, but the final decision was anything but definite one way or the other.

17 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Thought Newquay were ok,thought Liskeard were absolutely clueless.

Newquay on the up (unbeaten in 4 in the league now, 3 victories in that run). In contrast, Godolphin's early season optimism seems like a long time ago (lost their last 3 in the league).

15 hours ago, john black said:

Could the two horse race though be between Bude and Mullion ?

Wouldn't think that, with almost a quarter of the league season gone, Liskeard can even take a top 4 finish for granted. Several other teams, besides Bude and Mullion, improving and will have their say.

12 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Screenshot_20220918_110956.thumb.jpg.65c73cc42ec7b6bdcf41e06f2acf039f.jpgLAUNCESTON  (0) 0

ATT  70

MOM   Sam Gerken (Wadebridge)   * pictured making it 3-0 with a powerful header from a corner.

Launceston came into the match unbeaten in the last two games after a difficult start to the season. The Bridgers were on a decent run themselves winning the last two matches by a 2-0 scoreline and excellent keeper Rob Rosevear looking for his third straight clean sheet. Was watching him warm up before the game and he looks like a keeper on top of his game, footy a great game when you’re full of confidence that Robs performances adhere to with the excellent help of superb keeper coach Wayne Roberts, great guy to have around for Rower and the rest of his team. Talking of great keepers was nice to catch up with Paul Spider Hider an old mate and  a bloke that’s cost me a few goals over the years that’s for sure!! Now assisting ex pro Neil Price in the home dugout. Spider mentioned their performances are on the up and mentioned a few good players in their fairly young team, must say I was impressed with the diminutive number 4 James Hanson who looked really sharp in midfield, a recent signing from Callington I believe? 

The visitors were right at it from the start though and Matt Lloyd was unlucky when he curled a 15 yard shot against the foot of the post in the 5th minute. He went clear ten minutes later but shot wide of the post under pressure from a covering defender chasing back. The Bridgers got the goal their dominance deserved in the 21st minute and also the best of the game when captain Tom Strike picked out man of the match Sam Gerken with a lovely little clip into space on the right where Gerken drilled the ball back to the edge of the area and Ross Beare met it with a fantastic strike across the keeper and into the far corner. The lead was doubled 5 minutes later when Lloyd cut in from the left and drilled the ball across the 6 yard box for the keeper to parry out but Jack Rapsey was on the spot to react quickest and head in the rebound. 3 goals in 8 minutes where completed when Morgan Vallejos pinpoint inswinging corner was met by the superb Gerken to power home a near post header his performance deserved on the day.

The in form Jacob Smale then cut in from the right after 38’ but shot wide at the near post with a couple of players in better positions. Launceston offered their best response of the game with two efforts on goal after 41’ and 43’ leading up to the break. Both efforts were created on the left with Rosevear parrying out the first shot to his left before making an even better save with his feet at his near post. Lloyd was well placed right on half time but his low strike saw the keeper sit on the ball to save. The busy Lloyd cut in from the right 3 minutes into the 2nd half but mishit his shot straight at the keeper from 12 yards but he was eventually not to be denied a goal in the 59th minute when a badly underhit back pass saw him race on and get to the ball before the keeper to toe poke past him into the far corner. 

The Bridgers showed their strength in depth using all 5 quality substitutes and seeing out the game quite comfortably in the last half hour with a match against title favourites St.Blazey to come on Weds night, and without the hosts ever really threatening their goal again in the 2nd half where Rosevear has now gone 294 minutes without conceding a goal, but with Blazey coming to Town with 8 wins from 8 and the only 100 %  record in the league after their 4-1 win over Bodmin today and the news of  fellow favourites Liskeard playing out a goalless draw at Newquay it’s everything to play for.

WADEBRIDGE

1) Rosevear

20) Gerken, ️  5) Simmonds,   19) Carron,   2) Harris,

6) Beare,   4) Strike (c)   14)Vallejo,

11) Smale,   8) Rapsey   10) Lloyd 

Subs)  7) Reski,  21) Rowe,  17) Sargent,  15) Shepherd,  16) McLachlan.

Great report as ever Rappo!

6 hours ago, David Bray said:

Went to Blazey. 

Routine win 4 -1.

Hat trick for Liam Eddy, nothing new about that.

Pitch in emaculate condition.

Excellent Referee.

Players and Team Management on their best behavior. 

Everyone respected the pre match minutes silence.

On this performance St.Blazey will be hosting Western League ️ next season. 

Blazey should have won by more. Credit to Bodmin who kept on trying and never gave up. Ref deservedly booked a Bodmin player in the 1st few minutes and thought it might turn into one of them niggley 10 yellows 3 reds sort of games but it never did thanks to a strong and fair ref. 

Edited by iand

3 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Great report as ever Rappo!

Thanks BSOTT, appreciate it mate. I just try and always make it as fair and honest as possible from what I’ve seen. Difficult sometimes when you want one team to win more than another I know but I try and look at it from a neutral point of view rather than rose tinted specs 🤓 still get grief on here sometimes from the usual wind up merchants these days but I’m happy in the knowledge I did my best and the fine Cornish footy folk still like to read a bit of a report about the game, I know I enjoy other peoples that have bothered to put a game report on here 👍👏🏼

On 18/09/2022 at 16:36, RAPPO said:

Thanks BSOTT, appreciate it mate. I just try and always make it as fair and honest as possible from what I’ve seen. Difficult sometimes when you want one team to win more than another I know but I try and look at it from a neutral point of view rather than rose tinted specs 🤓 still get grief on here sometimes from the usual wind up merchants these days but I’m happy in the knowledge I did my best and the fine Cornish footy folk still like to read a bit of a report about the game, I know I enjoy other peoples that have bothered to put a game report on here 👍👏🏼

I think you do a great job with your reports - pretty bias free they are too. Glad you enjoy coming up to Pennygillam too

Thanks BSOTT!! Appreciate that. Thought Pennygillam was looking lovely in the sun last Saturday mate 👍️  Couple of new seated benches dotted around, pitch nice and green and in good nick, decent tea hut, programme was a good effort, nice club, wish them all the best, definitely pop up again during the season to watch another game mate 👍👏🏼