Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay vs Sticker - 14th Sept 2022

Newquay won 1-0 tonight vs a fine Sticker side a draw would of been a fair result , i thought the Sticker defence where brilliant in the 1st half and Neither side looked like scoring highlight of the half was Newquays Phil Lowry one on one with the Sticker keeper putting his shot straight into the keepers arms bad miss should of played Orlando and he would of gone around the keeper showed good touches when he came on ,it was pretty poor to put it politely 0-0 HT 

2ND half both sides had some shots at goal but straight at the Goalies but half way through the 2nd half Sticker gave away a stupid free kick right in the centre of the goal and when Cam TURNER strode up to take it you knew it was going to be a goal before he even took the kick and it beat the Sticker goalie all ends up and 1-0 was the final score in a poor game . Mom for Newquay had to be Cam Turner and for Sticker no5 the Captain had the defence well organised since i saw them a few weeks at there place vs Blazey and that day you could drivr a bus through the centre of the defence tonight you wouldnt get a bike through it . 

Ref had a easy game to ref and let it flow sign of a good ref 

Hard  luck Sticker you didnt deserve to loose this and you play like this the results will come good as for Newquay worked hard enough and got a lucky win lets see what happens on Saturday when the very talented Liskeard come to town with the 2 best strikers around in Lorenz and Jennings and Max Gilbert what a class act he is as well ,just a very talented team the whole team is who play briliant football but on there day Newquay can beat most teams depends which Newquay team turns up on Satturday i think Harry in the Newquay goal is in for a busy afternoon looking forward to the match and  better make sure my batteries for my camera are charges up this time 

DSCN3130.JPG

• Dave Deacon changed the title to Newquay vs Sticker - 14th Sept 2022