Cornwall Football Forum

Queen’s death and sport fixtures

Fish

Why cancel all local football while all the rugby like Exeter Chiefs is going ahead just a minutes silence would of done but no the people who run Cornish Football decide to cancel all matches they should of waited and see what was going on with other sports example Rugby .This is a small county with local teams we are not the bloody Premership with 50,000 gates most teams down here are lucky if they get a 100 spectators . Now all these postpone games go to be arranged well heres 1 24th Sept Godolphin vs Wadebridge neither team has a match that day 

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Why cancel all local football while all the rugby like Exeter Chiefs is going ahead just a minutes silence would of done but no the people who run Cornish Football decide to cancel all matches.

It was an FA directive covering the whole Country - Cornwall FA merely passed on the information!

But the Cornish Pirates can go ahead and play there game tonight vs Richmond and its 7-7 so far watching local football helps with my mental health which isnt good since the death of my partner .So all the kids matches will be stopped tmmrw will they i dont think so .Wont be long until joining the Queen at the Pearly Gates 1st thing i will do when i get there is to find George Best ,me mum next then my partner then i may and go find my old man . Have a lovely weekend everyone watching endless hours about the Queen.i remember her in 1989 at the Royal Cornwall Show shaking my mums hand got a nice photo of that . Im no Royalist because of the way they treated Princess Diana ,but the Queen was brilliant with Paddington thats my fav memory of the Queen 

54 minutes ago, SteveM said:

Presumably clubs could have arranged to play friendlies in place of official fixtures?

Covered in the FAQ's:

FAQs:

Does this include any other football activities, such as training or courses, such as coaching?

No, this applies only to fixtures, not all football activities. “Fixtures” refers to both competitive and friendly matches.

What happens to all other football activities?

Participation in other planned activities is down to the discretion of the organiser and / or the individual.

5 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

I wonder why there are Premiership rugby fixtures today ? 

I think the number of officers required to police Premier League football is probably one of the reasons why rugby is still on. The number of officers called up to London this weekend, and let's be honest probably next weekend, will mean I think that some football will be off next weekend. Let's hope though that we have some grassroots next weekend.

I also am not sure that some fans can be trusted to show respect (e.g. Liverpool fans booing the national anthem) and I think the FA would have also been conscious of that.