Cornwall Football Forum

Greatest Non British Players In Cornish Football

Not surprisingly, given it's geographic location, there haven't been too many non British players on the Cornish scene over the years, very interested to hear who the folk on here regard as the best they've seen. This has been sparked by the instant impact that Moussa Diallo has had at Mousehole (who have had several non Brits in recent seasons).

My vote would go to Roger Bonaparte, a goalscorer over many seasons (for many clubs) and all round nice bloke.

48 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Falmouth Town fans will probably remember Eno Uno and Gunnar Garfors .If I remember rightly Eno scored the winner against saltash in a senior Cup game .Over to you Mike Odgers .

Eno Okon Udo was an architect student from Nigeria and studying in Plymouth. He played with us at Penzance and did indeed score the winner against Saltash in the CSC Final at Bodmin. 
He left us and then came back to Cornwall and played for Falmouth for a short time. I remember pre-season training in June and it was baking and Eno turned up in a full yellow tracksuit zipped right up and still cold! 
He was a lovely guy and had a heart of gold and on the pitch he was faster than greased weasel sh!t. One match at Newquay we played in literally freezing conditions and driving rain and Eno didn’t move from the centre circle he was so cold. 
Hope that sheds a bit of light on him. 

44063E3A-F072-447B-BD68-BD960290B460.jpeg

The goal was a toe poke from 6-8yds out, low, centre of goal at the end opposite to the car park. Keeper never spotted it, must have been 10 players inside the six yard box.

Us Pz Ultras went mental. There were about 100 of us behind that goal. 

Loads had cans of beer when the ball went in, we chucked them behind us, did our jumping up and down bit, then went back behind, picked up the first can with anything in it and carried on drinking. 1981

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/09/2022 at 19:49, mattelot said:

Falmouth Town fans will probably remember Eno Uno and Gunnar Garfors .If I remember rightly Eno scored the winner against saltash in a senior Cup game .Over to you Mike Odgers .

Enough Udo, of Penzance before Falmouth .