Cornwall Football Forum

Managers

fenman

What about this for an idea ? I know it sounds  mad but no madder than some of the rules that " The Marx Brothers "  , sorry , F.I.F.A.  have introduced .

Chelsea sack their manager , Brighton are doing well with a highly rated manager in Potter . So they decide to lure him away , leaving poor old Brighton without a manager . 

Why can't tere be a ban on managerial transfers  during a playing season ? similar to the transfer for players system . I know that there is no , or very little , loyalty shown in the modern proffessional game but I feel a bit sorry for the Brighton fans . Their club is doing relatively well  and now out of the blue ( pardon the pun , those of you who get it ) the lure of money could destroy it all .

3 hours ago, fenman said:

What about this for an idea ? I know it sounds  mad but no madder than some of the rules that " The Marx Brothers "  , sorry , F.I.F.A.  have introduced .

Chelsea sack their manager , Brighton are doing well with a highly rated manager in Potter . So they decide to lure him away , leaving poor old Brighton without a manager . 

Why can't tere be a ban on managerial transfers  during a playing season ? similar to the transfer for players system . I know that there is no , or very little , loyalty shown in the modern proffessional game but I feel a bit sorry for the Brighton fans . Their club is doing relatively well  and now out of the blue ( pardon the pun , those of you who get it ) the lure of money could destroy it all .

Completely agree. Managers should only be poached during transfer windless. It may also give current managers more opportunity to get it right given the extra time 

We are entering an era where  corporations  particularly from the USA  are buying British clubs purely for financial reasons  . Sadly many have no idea of the passion that club supporters have for their team . It's all about money , they have very little knowledge of the game  and I think that the game most of us grew up with will be destroyed . Many supporters have a lot of their lives wrapped into their team  and feel that they share the enjoyment of success with their team and on the opposite side of the coin the sheer disappointment of defeat .  I think this passion will be slowly eroded through greed 

The whole thing is a financial muddle Keith , we've got owners some of who know very little about the game , and one group of people who seem to have a big control over transfers AGENTS !!!! . Common sense should tell people that agents are in business to make money , lots of it . The more they can move their players around the more money they make . They have no interest in the game other than the financial side . 

2 hours ago, Keith B said:

True - do you remember those far off days when pro football used to be called a sport ? ! Now it's become an expensive joke. Obscene amounts of money paid out in transfers and even more obscene amounts of money paid to players. For all that money in wages, what do we get - cheating (diving) spitting, childish goal celebrations and arguing with officials. AND the Thomas Tuchel's of this world grappling and foul mouthing opposition managers.

I'd rather watch the women's game - and do. With the top clubs in the women's game, the standard is very good and none of the aforementioned tripe. 

Have you seen the women's International results from Tuesday night?  I'm sorry, but the standard isn't very good. 

As the money increases in the women's game that will in turn become an entertainment business like the mens game 

8 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

Fantastic opportunity for him, but will it work. For his sake I hope it does future England manager in the making 

There's different managers nowadays. 

Ones that can use the vast amounts of money they have at their disposal and deal with expectations

Ones that are great coaches and make players better. 

Ones that don't have to deal with high expectations and cope with mid table. 

Potter will have great expectations put on him and expect to qualify for champions league. He also has to try and persuade top players to cone and play for 'him' at Chelsea! 

I'll give him 18 months. 

10 hours ago, St Darren said:

There's different managers nowadays. 

Ones that can use the vast amounts of money they have at their disposal and deal with expectations

Ones that are great coaches and make players better. 

Ones that don't have to deal with high expectations and cope with mid table. 

Potter will have great expectations put on him and expect to qualify for champions league. He also has to try and persuade top players to cone and play for 'him' at Chelsea! 

I'll give him 18 months. 

The Chelsea managerial strategy sort of works though. In his 18 months or so in charge, Thomas Tuchel delivered a Champions League win.