Cornwall Football Forum

Buckland v Barnstaple

Tomm

Barnstaple took the three points today with two first half goals from Stuart Bowker and Joe Grigg. Buckland had several clear chances in the second half but could not take any of them; it felt like they could still be playing now and would not have scored. 

As a ‘neutral’, I thought Barnstaple could have gone up a few gears if needed. Bowker, Tucker and Swann impressive offensively but defence was at times suspect, luckily for them the opposition were poor in attack. 

Buckland, huffed and puffed but clearly are missing a midfield general and a striker. As stated, missed numerous chances in the second half. Morcom (signed from Milbrook) looks a player. 

Barnstaple if in full swing will 100% be title pretenders. You have to ask how on earth could Helston drop Bowker last year for Matt Wright? Wright May talk (and bet) a good game but Bowker is a superior player by a country mile. 

Nice set up at Buckland but need a new spine if they are to be in the mix, looks like nothing more than a transitional season for them.

40 minutes ago, Tomm said:

Barnstaple took the three points today with two first half goals from Stuart Bowker and Joe Grigg. Buckland had several clear chances in the second half but could not take any of them; it felt like they could still be playing now and would not have scored. 

As a ‘neutral’, I thought Barnstaple could have gone up a few gears if needed. Bowker, Tucker and Swann impressive offensively but defence was at times suspect, luckily for them the opposition were poor in attack. 

Buckland, huffed and puffed but clearly are missing a midfield general and a striker. As stated, missed numerous chances in the second half. Morcom (signed from Milbrook) looks a player. 

Barnstaple if in full swing will 100% be title pretenders. You have to ask how on earth could Helston drop Bowker last year for Matt Wright? Wright May talk (and bet) a good game but Bowker is a superior player by a country mile. 

Nice set up at Buckland but need a new spine if they are to be in the mix, looks like nothing more than a transitional season for them.

Yep.. Always rated Bowker

54 minutes ago, Tomm said:

Fair comments Tomm. First half we were definitely lacking and got what we deserved. Second half was much better, had one of those efforts when Barum keeper made the double save gone in, could have changed the match completely. 

Totally agree with you on Sam Morcom, great signing. 

1 hour ago, Buckland Jim said:

Fair comments Tomm. First half we were definitely lacking and got what we deserved. Second half was much better, had one of those efforts when Barum keeper made the double save gone in, could have changed the match completely. 

Totally agree with you on Sam Morcom, great signing. 

Agree the double save moment could have changed the match but think it was just one of those days in front of goal.

I thought you were lacking punch in midfield and upfront (just my opinion), that said the Barum front three were strong.

I’ll be back and look forward to seeing how they develop under Dan Hart. 

13 hours ago, Tomm said:

I thought you were lacking punch in midfield and upfront (just my opinion), that said the Barum front three were strong.

We've been lacking upfront for a couple of years now and that has been a concern for us supporters. Hopefully Dan has something in the pipeline to rectify this. 

1 hour ago, Buckland Jim said:

We've been lacking upfront for a couple of years now and that has been a concern for us supporters. Hopefully Dan has something in the pipeline to rectify this. 

They had a chance to sign a striker in the summer but they turned him down 👀👀🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

13 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

Playing a waiting game apparently ! All will be revealed shortly I guess !! 
As for Bowks ! Too expensive! Lol

Am I?? that’s a compliment I guess but just to play devils advocate I was never offered any money to turn down, nor did I make a monetary demand either I was asked if I’d be interested in coming back I said I’d be willing to have a conversation then never heard anything back again 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

14 hours ago, Stu B said:

Am I?? that’s a compliment I guess but just to play devils advocate I was never offered any money to turn down, nor did I make a monetary demand either I was asked if I’d be interested in coming back I said I’d be willing to have a conversation then never heard anything back again 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

From the horses mouth...cant get better than that!

Well said that man.

19 hours ago, Stu B said:

Would have thought that Stu Bowker would have been made for Buckland.

Big personality, one for the big matches and lives locally. Dan Hart got the best out of Ben Waters last season at Launceston, so knows how to get the best out of these type of players. His decision though.  

3 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Would have thought that Stu Bowker would have been made for Buckland.

Big personality, one for the big matches and lives locally. Dan Hart got the best out of Ben Waters last season at Launceston, so knows how to get the best out of these type of players. His decision though.  

I think Stu Bowker gets the best out of Stu Bowker