Cornwall Football Forum

The Manager makes no secret of his limit interest in Cup runs. He is far more interested in promotion and that is what he concentrates on. Today he gave plenty of time on the field for our fringe players. Next Saturday we are playing in the league - Merthyr away. I think the side and the game will be completely different. In fact I know it will be.

Edited by Ozman
Clarity

Parkway throw away a lead towards the  end of the Game against Didcot town on what looked an awful pitch that Lee Hobbs even suggested in his post match interview they had serious discussion  about refusing to play on it .I bet he wishes he went through with it  As  they have picked up another 2 injuries to key players and now have another game home Tuesday night. 
I can see why now Paul wotten has rested his players. !! 

31 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Parkway throw away a lead towards the  end of the Game against Didcot town on what looked an awful pitch that Lee Hobbs even suggested in his post match interview they had serious discussion  about refusing to play on it .I bet he wishes he went through with it  As  they have picked up another 2 injuries to key players and now have another game home Tuesday night. 

Seems to be a common excuse the standard of the pitch. The home team had to deal with the poor pitch as well. 

10 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Parkway have to be very careful in criticising pitches given the state of Bolitho Park last season. 

Another clearly exasperated Lee Hobbs in the post match interview, and two more injuries for an already thin looking squad. Wonder if a few of these players are getting down to their last chances? 

24 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Parkway have to be very careful in criticising pitches given the state of Bolitho Park last season. 

Another clearly exasperated Lee Hobbs in the post match interview, and two more injuries for an already thin looking squad. Wonder if a few of these players are getting down to their last chances? 

I think he will stick with them And give them a chance to get through this period. 
the squad does look a worry not a massive amount on the bench to change anything I’ve said this all season. 
well I be up there Tuesday another game Lee could do with out really at the minute 

Parkway beat Didcot 3-2 in what sounded like a thriller with a Ben Seymour goal in the 94th minute.

Lee Hobbs' team got a much needed first win of the season, but they certainly jangled the nerves after being 2 up late in the game through Rio Garside and Seymour. Familiar story of not being able to hold a lead, and it also sounds concerning that Billy Palfrey was subbed off in the second half (hopefully not another injury for an already over stretched squad).

Big boost though, and Bolitho Park must have been a happier place last night.

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Parkway beat Didcot 3-2 in what sounded like a thriller with a Ben Seymour goal in the 94th minute.

Lee Hobbs' team got a much needed first win of the season, but they certainly jangled the nerves after being 2 up late in the game through Rio Garside and Seymour. Familiar story of not being able to hold a lead, and it also sounds concerning that Billy Palfrey was subbed off in the second half (hopefully not another injury for an already over stretched squad).

Big boost though, and Bolitho Park must have been a happier place last night.

Was a very good game to be fair on a Tuesday night under the lights . The didcot keeper had one of them games where I wasn’t convinced we ever score.  I was at his end and Some of the saves were absolutely brilliant  .  Parkway eventually  got into the lead in the 2nd half  but even then I still felt we were not safe as didcot started to look dangerous and yet again sloppy  goals conceded ( missing defenders doesn’t help) but this time parkway didn’t let thier heads drop and rio Garside who was  class again got the winner was greeted with cheers all over bolitho  

I didn’t see palfrey limping or injured I thought it was tactical sub  

the big issue is still the squad strength. The bench is too weak for the southern league. Need at least another  2-3 decent players to compete 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

North Leigh 2 Parkway 3

Lee Hobbs' side do it the hard way again. A Ben Seymour winner deep in added on time sees them through to the  next round, this after being two down at half time.

Takes the unbeaten run to four games, now to transfer this resilience to the league form.

Is this the furthest Parkway have got in the FA Cup? Nice bit of extra cash for them too.