Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Tuesday August 30 2022

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday August 30 2022

Well went and watched Godolphin vs Mullion 1st half was awful nothing at all happened ,2nd half was a different story Matty Walker came on and put some life into the G which was sadly lacking in the 1st half.

Marshall Chapman who was putting in some brilliant tackles for the G had to go off with what looked like a nasty injury and he was playing so well and is my Mom for the G .

Matty Walker put the G 1 -0 up with  scrappy goal ,and then Phil Cattran missed with a free header which he really should of scored ,you then thought it was the G  night but how wrong i was Adam Rowbathan in the G goal did a absolute brilliant save but right after that they gave away a needless pen for handball the Mullion no7 scored from the spot and Matt Saunders was sin binned  for using foul language at the ref who was very poor Mullion players where usually equally foul language at him and he was letting that go im pretty honest with what i say about the ref and this 1 was 1 of the poorer ones Graham Rickard on the line would of made better decisions and reffed the match better .

With time added on Mullion scored the winner right at the death from what looked like a offside position a draw would of been a fair result not a 2-1 victory for Mullion 

This was a bad night for the G  who will be missing Matt and Marshall for severel games .

My mom for the G Marshall Chapman made some brilliant tackles before he went off injured and for Mullion Phil Cattran he was good at Helston and hes still a handful now but a bad miss tonight Phil 

This was overall a poor game Spoilt by a ref who booked and sin binned  a player for bad language and let i go by other players it should of been equal ref but it wasnt 

Hard Luck the G and well done Mullion  you didnt really deserve to win this match but you did ,your back in Newquay next week so will be watching you again .

Newquay vs Bodmin this Saturday should be interesting 

Any match report on the camelford v Bodmin game ? 
another heavy defeat for Bodmin . 
have to be honest saw the team sheet for Bodmin and  hardly recognise any of the players apart from a few  names  Knocking about  playing Sunday mornings for pub teams    and   danny Bance. He must be veterans age now. ?? 
Must be a worry a big Cornish club in a real struggle I’d say  

It should t be a surprise that referees are now beginning to send players off for bad language. There been two or three emails from the fa saying that they are clamping down on it and if I'm correct foul and abusive language is a red card in the rule book so it shouldn't be a surprise. Can someone tell.me the next game that this ref is going too becaus if he is red carding players for foul language I'll take my grandkids knowing that the swearing will be very minimal 

2 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

It should t be a surprise that referees are now beginning to send players off for bad language. There been two or three emails from the fa saying that they are clamping down on it and if I'm correct foul and abusive language is a red card in the rule book so it shouldn't be a surprise. Can someone tell.me the next game that this ref is going too becaus if he is red carding players for foul language I'll take my grandkids knowing that the swearing will be very minimal 

That will mean that they will still hear it??????????

MQx 

29 minutes ago, Team Rep said:

Brummy Barry -Surely this should be all refs, so any game should have minimal bad language then. Be interesting to see if this happens, some teams may not have many players on the pitch!!

Depends if it’s stamped out early . I know refs have been told to clamp down on it this season from players and managers.

with plenty of complaints from local residents of bad language and lots of kids at games why is it a bad thing ?  

Haven’t been on the forum for a while - rather than Bodmin issues would be nice to hear some positives about Camelford. Reg has lost players to Southern and Western league - plays with a’small budget’ but still finds players who compete for him - it’s not always about the money - some players play for the club - Up The Camels. 

(signing off again)