Cornwall Football Forum

TRELAWNY LEAGUE - Tues 30 August 2022

Carharrack 4, St Erme 3.

It is accepted that teams that win despite a bad performance are likely to do well over the whole season. I hope this is proved right in Carharrack's case!They were 2 - 0 up inside 13 minutes and St Erme looked a very shaky outfit. Somehow, Carharrack took their foot off the pedal and when they conceded a pen on 30, St Erme were given hope. Turning round just 2 - 1 down and playing down the slope, the visitors took the initiative and they were only prevented from drawing level by some good goalkeeping and some Trelawney Div 2-style finishing. Then on 56 Carharrack were lucky to extend their lead via a well-taken free  kick and I hoped they would push on and gain confidence from the extended lead. Not so. They seemed to fall apart; they even started squabbling amongst themselves at one point! They lost shape, they lacked a constructive leader, individuals kept getting caught in possession, sometimes chasing and fouling, putting their own personal pride ahead of the needs of the team. No surprise, then, that St Erme drew level with 2 goals in a minute(technically in the 69th and 70th minutes), one following yet another c.i.p. by one particular midfield player. Unforgivable! Ryan Treloar rescued the points with an 80th minute winner, but even with 90 mins played some home players were determined not to manage the game, losing possession by trying to increase their lead. It took a while for them to emulate England's women by winding the clock down, keeping the ball in the corner. Not pretty but saving the 3 points. Phew!

At one point (3 - 1 up) I shouted: they could either win, or LET St Erme win. Close thing as it turned out.

Lovely bacon butty, £3 now, lovely tea (still £1), good crowd - nice to see Rappo, David James, Richard Chown and his Mum - and a lovely evening for football. Shout out to Will Rowe who didn't play today, real Club Man taking a rest as Carharrack apparently had about 20 players available. Also a shout to No 2 "Marcus" who quietly talked to his team-mates in an instructive and constructive way rather than the "Oi! Come on!" sort of shout which achieves nothing. Players learning to duck the ball when a team-mate puts his name on it would help.

Home Saturday again.

Edited by Tom Trust
spelling error

Trelawny 1

Penzance Reserves 3-2 St Buryan

Att - 71.

Visitors reduced to ten players after thirty minutes due to a sraight red. Pz took lead twice only to be pegged back before netting the winner with six minutes left.

Pz played side to side passing once they had man advantage, which let St Buryan sit round their box waiting for the ball in which they dealt with most of the time. Pz looked liked like boring England, side to side and back. 

Spot on report that Tom! Looked comfortable, looking really good, then really uncomfortable, looking not very good, then a nice big deflection from Ryan’s strike looping in to get the 3 points, nice when it goes for you! Ben gone Turkey with his girlfriend so I’ll see you in a few weeks Tom! Keep the reports.coming mate!! 👍👏🏼