Cornwall Football Forum

Well done Penzance

Friends in Penzane called last night to tell us that a video with a commentary of the whole of the game between Penzance and Sticker had appeared on the Penzance Facebook page.
We soon looked it up and must congratulate Penzance on what appears to be their beginning of a return to better days when support of the club can only be encouraged with this coverage of their games available.
No doubt their association with Helston will be used by some as the reason behind the video, but publicity will win the day for those who are willing to invest in it, and for that alone we would like to give Penzance a pat on the back in the probably forlorn hope that others will follow suit.
One down side that the film recorded, was the unacceptable foul language that eminated from the area where the camera was installed and was quickly apologised for by the commentator who rightly or wrongly attributed it to having come from the Sticker area.
Wherever it came from it needs to be stopped or all the good work of the filming will come undone and it will be used as evidence of the reason that a football ground is no place for families or children.
Well done the Magpies we wish you well going forward.

Although I certainly don't condone foul language, I believe this camera was positioned in the centre of the large stand at Penzance. Can I suggest that throughout the season this could have been at any ground? Football is a competitive sport and emotions can run high.

Possible reasons for some disbelief from the dugouts or throughout the crowd.... well probably best not to go there!

1 hour ago, justanopinion said:

Can I suggest that throughout the season this could have been at any ground?

Exactly, our comment was not aimed at either Penzance or Sticker in particular, more so at those who only appear to be able to express their feelings using foul or abusive language.
Those who lament the loss of spectators who come to their ground, should think about making the environment more acceptable to young families and the people who find such attitudes unacceptable, as we've said on here before, the general reaction is either to accept it or don't go to football.
That choice has been made as dwindling attendances will confirm, and that is not totally down to other distractions.
The problem of foul language is exacerbated when a comparatively small group of people loudly shout their expletives that are echoed all around the ground with nowhere where it can not be heard.

Bad language at a football match ? 
Surley not. I am completely shocked.

Someone swore at a football match. Wow this is just such a rare occurrence. 

Quickly someone call the police. 

I am afraid this happens at every ground in the world every day of the week. Just accept it.

I would however agree that the cameraman recording the game could probably find an alternative spot to record. 

And there's the source of why the problem will continue to exist, either attempt to make fun of it or accept it as a way of life today.
Your comment is a little counter productive Thomas, why move the camera if we all need to just accept it ?

1 hour ago, Thomas mcabe said:

Quickly someone call the police. 

I am afraid this happens at every ground in the world every day of the week. Just accept it.