Frogpool & Cusg Res      3-5         Mount Ambrose

Lanner                               P-P         Constantine Reserves

St Agnes 3rd                      3-4         St Keverne         

DIVISION 4

Ruan Minor                      1-2         Helston Raiders

Wendron United 5th        6-2         Dropship Reserves

5 hours ago, Cornish 67 said:

Fal utd 2 nd have folded with 40 ,players sign on 

Heard today apparently they don’t want to play second team football.

now 20+ won’t be playing any football. Ridiculous state of affairs that local football has got into. 

Carharrack 2, Threemilestone Res 1

An unexpected result if rumours were true that the visitors had a number of 1st XI players in their side.

It certainly seemed likely as. attacking up the slope 3mst had the bulk of the play. Still, Carharrack seemed to be able to hold out and it was 0 - 0 at half-time. I'd been fortified by a cuppa and a bacon bap before the game so the nerves held out. Still, now Carharrack faced what was perceived to be a stronger side playing down the slope and were on the rack for the 1st 10 minutes of the 2nd half. It seemed their fate was sealed when they conceded a pen on 57 mins which was duly converted for 0 - 1.

Heads went down and somehow Carharrack didn't fold as I had worried they might. Then, the turning point as I saw it. Carharrack had a free kick wide on the left. The lad who took it blasted it towards goal, heads went up and it was a defender who beat the 'keeper for an o.g. equaliser completely against the run of play thus far (62 mins). This bit of luck seemed to lift Carharrack as much as it negatively affected 3mst.

Now Carharrack had more possession, more obvious belief and could see themselves getting something out of the game. Another FK on 83, similar position, was fizzed into the net this time by a home player and what had seemed unlikely after the penalty now seemed possible. And it was as Carharrack held on to the final whistle for 3 lovely points!

Some familiar faces there today from previous seasons, plus one or two of Illogan's regulars, there because Perranporth apparently couldn't raise a side for the game v Illogan in the St Piran league. Don't like to hear this sort of thing but at least they enjoyed their bacon butties which they can't get at Illogan!

On again on Tuesday evening. For me, a satisfying afternoon's entertainment.

West Cornwall 1-0 Stithians

I think weeks got the goal for West Cornwall?

We only had a bare 11 nearly played well good defending rid our luck at times. But west Cornwall finally scored in 65th minute with a header after good work from mawgan watts who changed the game when he came on.

All the best to kempy and the west Cornwall boys see you on the return 

Really good performance from carharrack after last weeks disappointing start, with the whole of the midfield out other players had to step up and do a job and they certainly did against a strong threemilestone team! First half couldn’t quite convert our chances where we could of found ourself 1 or 2 up but it was invertible we were going to score at some point! second half we gave away a silly penalty where there wasn’t much argument with the ref’s decision, 1-0 threemilestone! Usually our heads would of dropped at this point but that wasn’t it yesterday, we kept creating chances and more chances in which the equaliser came from a Danny ford free kick, beauty free kick even with a slight hair touch the keeper stood no chance of getting to this,  1-1 game on! Carharrack kept the momentum and didn’t really see threemilestone threaten us much, a free kick to carharrack with a delicious ball in from Jamie Dodds which any striker would be delighted to receive, once again Danny ford leaping like a salmon and hanging like Ronaldo and into the back of the net! 2-1 carharrack. A very well played game from both sides and well officiated. Thank you to threemilestone for coming back to the club for a few beers and bit of food! 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to TRELAWNY LEAGUE - 27 August 2022
On 27/08/2022 at 00:37, Mr Justice said:

I’ve sadly been told Chacewater are on the verge of folding. Struggling to raise a side for the season. 

💚 Happy to say it seems like your source is a little behind the times. 

We've got a load of new players in and looking forward to the season! Cheers 💚

3 minutes ago, Cornish Dave said:

Not the only one to step down. I noticed Scott Yendle from Falmouth was playing for Perranwell Res yesterday. 
Very odd more and more seniors dropping down the leagues 

5 players I counted from the fixture Falmouth DC Vs Holmans that have either played at Combination or higher last season. It doesn't really surprise me anymore as I would imagine across the Trelawney and Duchy league you will see quite a few players that are of a higher standard playing in a lesser competition, this is probably due to work and not having the heavy pressures of commitment and training week in and week out.

1 hour ago, Lee Mitchell said:

5 players I counted from the fixture Falmouth DC Vs Holmans that have either played at Combination or higher last season. It doesn't really surprise me anymore as I would imagine across the Trelawney and Duchy league you will see quite a few players that are of a higher standard playing in a lesser competition, this is probably due to work and not having the heavy pressures of commitment and training week in and week out.

Maybe these higher level players are coming back from injury. Maybe they have work or family commitments that mean they can't commit to playing every week at the moment. Both these situations would explain why a higher level club/team might not want to play them, whereas a lower level would welcome their expertise and experience once or twice a month, even if it's just for half hour here and there. We want to encourage people to continue playing even if they can't commit full time. Playing at a lower level for a period allows players to do this. 

1 hour ago, rgkeep said:

Maybe these higher level players are coming back from injury. Maybe they have work or family commitments that mean they can't commit to playing every week at the moment. Both these situations would explain why a higher level club/team might not want to play them, whereas a lower level would welcome their expertise and experience once or twice a month, even if it's just for half hour here and there. We want to encourage people to continue playing even if they can't commit full time. Playing at a lower level for a period allows players to do this. 

Not Moaning or even complaining! Just highlighting the fact that times have changed in a somewhat short space of time  or is it happening because of  COVID etc and the demands put on us all through work and other circumstances. If teams can benefit from this then who can blame them as every little helps and these kind of players can only be a bonus. Around £5 too watch these players last season and now it’s free 👍

16 hours ago, rgkeep said:

💚 Happy to say it seems like your source is a little behind the times. 

We've got a load of new players in and looking forward to the season! Cheers 💚

Yeah, but don't let the truth get in the way of a good rumour.

Well done Russell on your considerable efforts to keep the club running despite a lot of adversity. Hats off to you

On 29/08/2022 at 10:16, peggy78 said:

Yeah, but don't let the truth get in the way of a good rumour.

Well done Russell on your considerable efforts to keep the club running despite a lot of adversity. Hats off to you

I appreciate your kind words mate. However, I can't take the credit for sorting things this season. Some specific people returning to the club have got things up and running nicely. I just facilitate :)