Cornwall Football Forum

F A Vase

Remember that game Mike!! Turbo was brilliant as usual that day! I put one over the bar from about 6 yards right on half time to make it 2-0, and remember feeling sick about it, couldn’t even drink my half time cup of tea! Then with virtually my first touch of the 2nd half, I scored a dipping volley from about 25 yards!!! The joys of a striker eh mate!?! Weird what football can do to you! Looks like we had 4 strikers that day!? Coops, Harry, Mark and me! With Jimmy on the bench! Trev must have gone attacking that day with Turbo and Thwaitsey as well! Obviously paid off! See Neil & Damo both played for the reserves that day as well in their report!! Also that St.Austell team with the likes of Stu and Jimmy Dent, Phil Dingle, Frank Bickle and Kenny Cook, you forget how good the standard was back in those days, every team had about half a dozen quality players at least! Thanks for the memories Mike! Hope you’re keeping well mate 👍

Says we had a friendly with the West Cornwall Sunday League the following midweek, did we ever play that game Mike? Don’t remember that at all mate?

Thanks Mike, yeah don’t recall that friendly at all mate? Would have had a few mates playing for them would have thought? 

Yeah was gonna say this is the Southern league section! Easy done mate, easy to put it over to the other section as well I think? 👍

12 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Thanks Mike, yeah don’t recall that friendly at all mate? Would have had a few mates playing for them would have thought? 

Yeah was gonna say this is the Southern league section! Easy done mate, easy to put it over to the other section as well I think? 👍

Found it Mark -3 goals to add to your tally maybe.

some interesting sunday clubs-City inn-Culdrose o boys-coverack-Kernick-kennack rangers-Kernow Entertainers-Redrurh rangers-Three Ferretts.

Handwritten_2022-08-26_131916.jpg

Crickey Mike, scary really,  can’t remember that game at all mate!!?? 🤔 😳. Wish all those friendly goals did count, I could have retired 5 years earlier and the knees might not be so crippled today Mike!! A hat-trick past Den as well! Trev gave me the hook soon as I got that by the look of it! Thanks for finding that Mike! Old age has kicked in quite badly with me mate, doing the book with Mike over the last few months has confirmed that!! Thank god for you guys that’s got all those records! Cheers Mike, just wish I could remember it!! 😳🤔🥹👍

5 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Crickey Mike, scary really,  can’t remember that game at all mate!!?? 🤔 😳. Wish all those friendly goals did count, I could have retired 5 years earlier and the knees might not be so crippled today Mike!! A hat-trick past Den as well! Trev gave me the hook soon as I got that by the look of it! Thanks for finding that Mike! Old age has kicked in quite badly with me mate, doing the book with Mike over the last few months has confirmed that!! Thank god for you guys that’s got all those records! Cheers Mike, just wish I could remember it!! 😳🤔🥹👍

Pretty bad if you can't remember being tackled by Dodger Long mate .😁😂🤣

Reckon Dodge must have gone easy on us that night Nige!!? Trev probably asked him to ease off on us bout 50% I reckon mate! Else definitely would have felt it!!! Glad Mike is doing the book now Nige while I’m still just about compus mentus mate! Glad I’ve still got some memories mate!! 🤔💛🖤

What  a performance fro Barnstaple Town this afternoon vs Godolphin winning 10-0 in the Vase they just destroyed the  G with there brilliant performance it was like boys vs men but Barnstaple where a young side except for a bit older Stuart Bowker who was brilliant and then they had Billy Tucker who came on and just oozes class .

Callum Laird with a hat trick . other scorers Bowker ,Grigg ,Montague ,Swann 2 Tucker and Wright 

Well done Barnstaple hope you go far in the Vase i think you will and could end up winning it 

Lovely to see some away fans who where a credit to the club . 

Mom for Barnstable got to be the whole team and for the G Matt Saunders 

The Ref was very good 

Good job The g havnt got to play teams like that every week a very big gap in the standard of teams G totally outclasses ,back to the league 

55 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

What  a performance fro Barnstaple Town this afternoon vs Godolphin winning 10-0 in the Vase they just destroyed the  G with there brilliant performance it was like boys vs men but Barnstaple where a young side except for a bit older Stuart Bowker who was brilliant and then they had Billy Tucker who came on and just oozes class .

Callum Laird with a hat trick . other scorers Bowker ,Grigg ,Montague ,Swann 2 Tucker and Wright 

Well done Barnstaple hope you go far in the Vase i think you will and could end up winning it 

Lovely to see some away fans who where a credit to the club . 

Mom for Barnstable got to be the whole team and for the G Matt Saunders 

The Ref was very good 

Good job The g havnt got to play teams like that every week a very big gap in the standard of teams G totally outclasses ,back to the league 

I’ll give you £100 quid if they win it Steve !!

A great backs-to-the-wall performance by a gutsy and much-depleted Camelford side this afternoon as they downed Western League Ilfracombe 3-2. The Camels were missing several players, either injured or on holiday, but defended with great spirit. The Devon visitors were also missing players and their young keeper had a bit of a 'mare so I hope he bounces back. But brave Camelford deserved their win. Well played The Camels.

Just tonque in cheek Rocky think your £ is safe but Barnstable are some side like to see how they get on against Blazey and Falmouth think they would give them a good game , Barnstaple where so much faster than the G today and there goalie Liam Kingston wont have a easier afternoon all season .

Lots of new faces in the G line up to day if Matty Walker , Callum Bertrand ,and some others out and it showed the 2 Barnstaple full backs where attacking all the time and putting in lovely crosses the forwards couldnt miss with .

Hope the good start by the G wasnt a false hope hope to see the full G team when i go out there today and where was Josh? Harry looked lonely standing there all by himself 

Next 2 matches for me up Mt Wise to see Godolphin  vs Mullion then Bodmin nice local derby for me near enough on my doorstep 

4 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Just tonque in cheek Rocky think your £ is safe but Barnstable are some side like to see how they get on against Blazey and Falmouth think they would give them a good game , Barnstaple where so much faster than the G today and there goalie Liam Kingston wont have a easier afternoon all season .

Lots of new faces in the G line up to day if Matty Walker , Callum Bertrand ,and some others out and it showed the 2 Barnstaple full backs where attacking all the time and putting in lovely crosses the forwards couldnt miss with .

Hope the good start by the G wasnt a false hope hope to see the full G team when i go out there today and where was Josh? Harry looked lonely standing there all by himself 

Next 2 matches for me up Mt Wise to see Newquay vs Mullion then Bodmin nice local derby for me near enough on my doorstep 

Agree it was some performance from Barnstaple today! It certainly did feel like men verses boys. I thought they were very clinical in targeting the fullbacks, as you say they couldn’t miss.

I thought the chaps and ladies who came to support Barnstaple were a credit to their club and made for a great atmosphere. I enjoyed chatting to many.

josh looked very isolated upfront for the G, would like to see the G play with 2 strikers as the last few matches haven’t seen many chances created. In early pre season they looked much more creative. 

good luck to Barnstaple in the vase, I think they will give anyone a good game. 

did anyone watch newquay today?

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Aside from the regular names in Bowker and Tucker, i've heard that Tor Swann is a handful.

Tor is indeed a handful, had some good performances whilst at Bucks, shame he departed for Barnstaple really.  Wouldn't surprise me to see him progress to Southern League next.