Cornwall Football Forum

12 hours ago, Saturday_Social said:

I am hearin they are unable to raise a side for there FIRST MATCH OF THE SEASON on Saturday. Why are they entering the Duchy premier league if they do not have a squad of players?

They were relegated from the combo league last season then to end up in ducky 2 was an odd decision. I wouldn’t be surprised though. Holiday season in Newquay and young lads working. But why enter if you don’t have these players available. 

4 hours ago, cornish leg end said:

They were relegated from the combo league last season then to end up in ducky 2 was an odd decision. I wouldn’t be surprised though. Holiday season in Newquay and young lads working. But why enter if you don’t have these players available. 

Combo and Trelawny have a relegation/promotion agreement but Duchy doesn’t do it was the only place they could be put in the Duchy league.

5 hours ago, cornish leg end said:

Oh ok. Thought they were duchy prem. Could be another team to fold?

They had a league place for this season in Trelawny Prem, plus a committed manager and an existing squad all keen to stay on and play in that league. But the club - in its infinite wisdom - decided to dispense with all that (in a pretty poor manner) and start again in Duchy 2 with a whole new group. Some of those driving the decision then quit the club themselves a few weeks later. Sad to hear it’s falling apart but it’s not really surprising.

I think the club have made the right decision by starting again at the bottom in moving to Duchy 2 (arguably where they should have started last season after reforming instead of jumping straight in at a higher Combo level which seems to be happening more and more with new clubs). The players and the manager clearly weren’t good enough for Combo last season - the few points they won were mainly when bolstered by their first team! 

1 hour ago, St George said:

I think the club have made the right decision by starting again at the bottom in moving to Duchy 2 (arguably where they should have started last season after reforming instead of jumping straight in at a higher Combo level which seems to be happening more and more with new clubs). The players and the manager clearly weren’t good enough for Combo last season - the few points they won were mainly when bolstered by their first team! 

Combo struggling to keep going a bit I think.

One league too many perhaps? 

On 08/09/2022 at 22:03, Saturday_Social said:

I see they lost 9-4 to st eval. Big score too loose by. 

And that’s against a team who took some hammerings last season too 

On 08/09/2022 at 22:03, Saturday_Social said:

I see they lost 9-4 to st eval. Big score too loose by. 

Also I’m sure they played with 8 players v st eval 

On 13/09/2022 at 14:59, cornish leg end said:

And that’s against a team who took some hammerings last season too 

Also I’m sure they played with 8 players v st eval 

St Eval have built a decent side this season (which I started last season I may add) they will be up there fighting in the top 3.