Cornwall Football Forum

Graham Souness

fenman

Why is it that today some people don't seem to listen what other people say , or analyse what's been said . Apparently there is uproar about Souness's remarks after a game on Sunday when he said " a mans game is back " . We all have an opinion but can't some people  understand what he said rather than immediatly jump in and accuse him of sexism . We have reached a sad state of affairs when innocent remarks are distorted by some people .

Unfortunately we live in a (in my opinion) over-the-top pc world where it seems you can't even blink these days without it being analysed by at least three trendy groups,depending on what week it is.

Middle aged people like us are continually described as dinosaurs when we give an opinion however more often than not that opinion is based on one thing that seems is nowadays frowned upon.........common sense.

' Up The Town '

Mr Souness mentioned "it's a man's game" purely in relation to men flopping on the floor after zero contact (diving). He was sticking up for Refs who tell them to get up & get on with it.

Within seconds the Feminist Militia were all over this, Souness was slaughtered.

Many people, myself included, took a fresh look at Womens Football during their Euros and applauded what I saw.

However, there is a nasty hard-core fast tracking a political agenda for the Womens game, it's based on misplaced attacks on traditional Football Culture, particularly anything which excludes a reference to Women no matter how ridiculous it appears.

In the context of the Souness comment, they reckon he should've said "its a person's game" 🤦‍♂️

Sadly, if you give these misguided militants an inch, they'll kick the door off 🥴

The tragic result is a backlash from those wanting Womens Football to progress naturally & sensibly. People become irritated and annoyed, they can't be bothered with the blatant stupidity of those bending things to meet their own agenda.

The result, Womens Football attains undeserved negativity, the very opposite what The Euros achieved ☹️

On 17/08/2022 at 13:08, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I'm a dinosaur,  and I love common sense.

I won't be changing, boolocks to all of the PC brigade.

I would put Souness in the same category as Roy Keane. Great players from a very different era, who were respected but never loved. Both obviously pretty bitter about the way football has gone, and that modern day footballers who they don't consider to be anywhere near as good as they were, earn many, many times more than they ever did from salaries and commercial activities. These character traits made them both pretty poor managers as well. They can now both be angry, controversial and condescending from the comfort of the pundits chair in exchange for a pay cheque.

I have exercised my right to ignore these two and the pack of former professionals as cheerleaders, half wits and "attention seekers for money" that spew out stuff that used to be known as analysis, and don't watch or listen to any of them

14 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

I would put Souness in the same category as Roy Keane. Great players from a very different era, who were respected but never loved. Both obviously pretty bitter about the way football has gone, and that modern day footballers who they don't consider to be anywhere near as good as they were, earn many, many times more than they ever did from salaries and commercial activities. These character traits made them both pretty poor managers as well. They can now both be angry, controversial and condescending from the comfort of the pundits chair in exchange for a pay cheque.

I have exercised my right to ignore these two and the pack of former professionals as cheerleaders, half wits and "attention seekers for money" that spew out stuff that used to be known as analysis, and don't watch or listen to any of them

Neither do I, record it all and scroll past all the "analysis" 

Easy to dislike the pair of them, great players both, but with an aggressive violent streak running right through them. Both guilty of horrendous leg breaking type tackles.

As pundits I think Keane now panders to what the TV producers want, and criticises often just for the sake of it, and throws in ridiculous outrageous comments for good measure. Having said that he is an extremely funny man and it makes for great TV

Souness is almost a humour free zone but he certainly knows his stuff. I rarely disagree with anything he says.

As for the " mans game " comment, we all know what he meant, unfortunately there are people in this day and age walking around listening to everything just waiting to be offended. 

Billy Connolly has the answer for them - The second word is OFF 

Accidentally strayed into 5Lives Premier League "coverage" a few evenings ago. Bloody awful.

Where once we had Pat Nevin, Jimmy Armfield and Trevor Brooking, we now have motor mouthed, empty headed, controversy generators such as Chris Sutton, Micah Richards and Troy Deeney. "Off" button swiftly hit.

The problem is, it doesn't take much to provoke the "Feminist Militia". It used to be big breasts on fictional/video game characters, now it's whatever they can get their hands on (😏). It's just a pity that their attention isn't in the places where it should be. No woman in their right mind would back (or agree with) that type of feminist. 

Having said that, I don't think the interference from the UK media helps either.

I'll be honest, I didn't know what he said. So it's taken a bit of internet searching (although no one can seem to agree on what was said). But it really is something that's been twisted/taken out of context.

Sky couldn't have been too bothered by it, as they haven't sacked him... Unlike the advertising department who work(ed) for Crown Paint...

• 1 month later...
On 17/08/2022 at 10:09, Uwdi Krugg said:

Mr Souness mentioned "it's a man's game" purely in relation to men flopping on the floor after zero contact (diving). He was sticking up for Refs who tell them to get up & get on with it.

Within seconds the Feminist Militia were all over this, Souness was slaughtered.

Many people, myself included, took a fresh look at Womens Football during their Euros and applauded what I saw.

However, there is a nasty hard-core fast tracking a political agenda for the Womens game, it's based on misplaced attacks on traditional Football Culture, particularly anything which excludes a reference to Women no matter how ridiculous it appears.

In the context of the Souness comment, they reckon he should've said "its a person's game" 🤦‍♂️

Sadly, if you give these misguided militants an inch, they'll kick the door off 🥴

The tragic result is a backlash from those wanting Womens Football to progress naturally & sensibly. People become irritated and annoyed, they can't be bothered with the blatant stupidity of those bending things to meet their own agenda.

The result, Womens Football attains undeserved negativity, the very opposite what The Euros achieved ☹️

I wonder if these would be the same “feminists” who don’t appear to object to men participating in women’s sports? Could they possibly be one and the same?