Cornwall Football Forum

St day vs Illogan 16th august - GAME OFF!

I was down to ref and been informed by the secretary they have 13 players out injured so understandable unable to compete tomorrow night.

before everyone mentions the reserves, clubs are hampered by the Senior team rule once the players have played a game and then subsequently are released back as only a max of 2 who have played for a higher team would then be eligible to play for a period of games.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to St day vs Illogan 16th august - GAME OFF!
8 minutes ago, Pitty said:

I was down to ref and been informed by the secretary they have 13 players out injured so understandable unable to compete tomorrow night.

before everyone mentions the reserves, clubs are hampered by the Senior team rule once the players have played a game and then subsequently are released back as only a max of 2 who have played for a higher team would then be eligible to play for a period of games.

Do you think st day should be given the points then ? 

7 hours ago, Bale7 said:

Do you think st day should be given the points then ? 

It’s not up to me that’s a league decision

if I was a player at one of those two clubs I would rather the game was rearranged as it’s a local derby that I would want to play in. Illogan might not have had the greatest starts but it’s still one of those games that at the start of the season you would be scanning the fixture list for and looking forward to taking part in.

8 hours ago, Pitty said:

Hi mate, hope you are keeping well? The reserves could all play if required and not be classed as senior players until played 3 games and I believe they become a “junior” player again after not playing for 28 days. Or rules close to that.

it would be nice to see two full strengths playing but also there can be (and I am not saying there is here) dark arts used for a player to be “injured”

Ridiculous excuse this early on especially with two teams! I hope the league make an example of this as if they fail to do so it’ll open up the floodgates for others to follow suit.

as someone quite rightly pointed out about the ruling for senior status which would effect their reserve team players, but that’s by the by isn’t it they should make every effort to put a team out for their highest team, but just cancelling it through fear of this doesn’t make any sense to me or the others looking in! 

10 minutes ago, Fish said:

Hi mate, hope you are keeping well? The reserves could all play if required and not be classed as senior players until played 3 games and I believe they become a “junior” player again after not playing for 28 days. Or rules close to that.

it would be nice to see two full strengths playing but also there can be (and I am not saying there is here) dark arts used for a player to be “injured”

Been pointed out to me by a very knowledgable person 😉 the rule is “A team shall not include more than 2 players who has/have taken part in 5 or more senior Competition Matches during the current Playing season unless a period of 21days has elapsed since they last played” so probably could dip into the reserves if they had enough available

Dont shoot the messenger I’m only quoting the ‘Liverpool’ amount of injuries not defending or criticising the postponement I would much rather see the two sides play each other as I’m now twiddling my thumbs on a Tuesday night😂😂 

I have no allegiance to any of these teams so no axe to grind on my part, but, it could be the thin end of the wedge….at the league committee meeting if they agree to re-fixture the game then every other team who has a few key players out could turn around and say they have 13 players injured and get the game postponed…once a precedent has been set it can be abused over and over again. As league cannot ask for doctors sick note from all players injured 🤣🤔

Firstly, it must be said that Illogan is a very well run club with lots of good people involved and they are as frustrated with this situation as anybody else.  They contacted the League yesterday morning and provided details of the (very) long list of injuries which then increased by another 1 last evening.  Their situation and request for a postponement was considered by the League Committee and declined.  When ultimately they decided that they were unable to field a side for tonight's game this was dealt with in exactly the same way as it would be for any other club that couldn't put a side out.  That process is now underway.

Edited by Steve Carpenter
Clarification

12 hours ago, Pitty said:

13 out explains there weird results so far this season 

Took a visit to Illogan on saturday and there was a few on the sidelines supporting with I think Jordan Knuckey coming off injured. 

You want to see games played but as quoted 61 signed on a team should be fielded with a 2nd team being part of the club getting called up. 

It's a hard one to make a decision on but i know in trelawny league you cant raise a side you lose the game so why does St.Pirans have a different understanding then another cornish run league. The committee will let us know the result in due time. 

Was looking forward to a nice tuesday evening out watching the grudge match between these 2 sides. 

25 minutes ago, Jamie C said:

It's a hard one to make a decision on but i know in trelawny league you cant raise a side you lose the game so why does St.Pirans have a different understanding then another cornish run league. The committee will let us know the result in due time. 

We don't Jamie.  If a club can't fulfill a fixture they are charged with that offence and the procedure as per the Standard Code of Rules is followed.  Under that procedure the club have a number of options available to them and until that process is complete the fixture will remain as P-P on Full-Time.  It can be quite quick depending on the clubs response but it can equally take a little while if the club takes the full 7 days to respond and then, for example, wants to put their case to a hearing.  I've edited my original post to give a bit more clarity.

2 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

We don't Jamie.  If a club can't fulfill a fixture they are charged with that offence and the procedure as per the Standard Code of Rules is followed.  Under that procedure the club have a number of options available to them and until that process is complete the fixture will remain as P-P on Full-Time.  It can be quite quick depending on the clubs response but it can equally take a little while if the club takes the full 7 days to respond and then, for example, wants to put their case to a hearing.  I've edited my original post to give a bit more clarity.

Thanks for clarifying Steve. Now that should be the end of this thread and let the league deal with the standard protocol