Cornwall Football Forum

Parkway 2 Chesham 2

Great to be back at bolitho with a cracking burger and beer and see parkway get a deserved point in the end and probably could have got all 3. 
a hot day on a hard pitch both teams put on a cracking game. 
parkway looked very sluggish in the first half almost like it took them a while to get to grips with the new league woth Kyle Moore making same good saves 
2nd half they were superb and  and Ben Seymour up front   was brilliant, what a signing that is for parkway he been impressive in pre season . I have heard Plymouth argyle are keeping tabs on him can see why and you can see he played a high level with Exeter . rio Garside was another that had a great game. 
Parkway haven’t lost that battling spirit and it was a great point in the end from being 2 down. 
Will be fun watching this parkway team this season. 

Has to be seen as one point grained, not two dropped.  A crash course in what the Southern Prem is about for Parkway but, for the rest of the league,it shows that you haven't beaten them until the final whistle blows. Really important that Bolitho Park remains a fortress this season (speaking to Hamwell fans today, it is clear that they are not relishing a trio to Plymouth), as there are some really tough looking away games in this league.

This draw was in the context of several players missing who would probably have started, with veteran Jamie Lowry and teenager Callum Bleasdale being drafted in to fill the bench. Ben Seymour showed though what an ace striker brings to a side, something that was missing last season.

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Has to be seen as one point grained, not two dropped.  A crash course in what the Southern Prem is about for Parkway but, for the rest of the league,it shows that you haven't beaten them until the final whistle blows. Really important that Bolitho Park remains a fortress this season (speaking to Hamwell fans today, it is clear that they are not relishing a trio to Plymouth), as there are some really tough looking away games in this league.

This draw was in the context of several players missing who would probably have started, with veteran Jamie Lowry and teenager Callum Bleasdale being drafted in to fill the bench. Ben Seymour showed though what an ace striker brings to a side, something that was missing last season.

Seymour had few opportunities (3)but when they came he was clinical with 2 ,both close range, 1 shot 6 yds and 1 header back stick showing good anticipation and movement. That’s what good strikers do, high conversion rate. Assists for both by R Garside. I note from Chesham managers post match i/v he mentioned about everyone having to visit Bolitho twice. Poor them🙄🫢. Parkway and of course Truro have to visit WOTP neck of the woods 7 times! 🤷‍♂️Goes with the territory I’m afraid. 

Totally agree with above. I was feeling a bit low at 0-2 down. Chesham seemed stronger and clever on the ball , brushing off challenges most of the game. They did kick us off the park at times too. With so many injuries at the first hurdle I think we did very well . Goes to show how key Krask and Mitchell were last season. Parkway did not stop battling though and held on after equalising. Great result I feel and a big crowd went away happy. 545.  Big hats off to Kyle Moore. Pulled off an absolute worldy to keep us in it.

Just now, THE BALD ONE said:

Totally agree with above. I was feeling a bit low at 0-2 down. Chesham seemed stronger and clever on the ball , brushing off challenges most of the game. They did kick us off the park at times too. With so many injuries at the first hurdle I think we did very well . Goes to show how key Krask and Mitchell were last season. Parkway did not stop battling though and held on after equalising. Great result I feel and a big crowd went away happy. 545.  Big hats off to Kyle Moore. Pulled off an absolute worldy to keep us in it.

Imagine there will be times Lee will need to call up on argyle loans again . Does seem a small squad especially with injuries 

will be the same every game strong physical teams in this division